PDA

View Full Version : I'm about to pull the trigger on Matte Silver!

Fingerz
10-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Ok so you guys are apparently rubbing off on me or a bad influence! I haven't been on the forum very long but I have been watching the bike sales for a few months.

So today I went and put a down payment to hold the bike while my financing is approved. I found a 2015 Matte Silver Deluxe. While the color my raise my brow a little (I really liked the blue and white was a second choice) the price didn't. So I'll keep you updated on this adventure.

wjduke
10-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Keep in mind, the 17's are right around the corner...I paid $16,800 a year ago. You should be in the 15's at the most. They have to want to see it gone at this point.

Wing'n it
10-10-2016, 12:36 PM
There will be deals to be had as the pickins are getting slim around me. Have noticed dealers are not stocking too many F6's but the showrooms are filling up with full Wings.

Fingerz
10-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Keep in mind, the 17's are right around the corner...I paid $16,800 a year ago. You should be in the 15's at the most. They have to want to see it gone at this point.

Will there be a 2017 F6B? I am counting on the 2017s coming out but didn't think the B would be one of them. I'm hovering at that price point but the destination & assembly fees are pushing me over some (more than I'd like).

Kdarmy
10-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Congrats on buying your F6B.:yes:

I've had my matte grey for over a year, and I can tell you I've had a lot of people comment on how much they love the look of the matte grey....4x this month alone! the last one was this morning getting my coffee.

Here is a link to mine and some of the mods...
You did set aside at least a $1000 for mods right???:icon_lol:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8898-Pics-of-my-Mods-and-Accessories

Keith:icon_mrgreen:

Fingerz
10-10-2016, 01:56 PM

I've had my matte grey for over a year, and I can tell you I've had a lot of people comment on how much they love the look of the matte grey....4x this month alone! the last one was this morning getting my coffee.

Keith your bike looks great and yes I did set aside funds for mods lol!

Redlinez
10-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Congrats! I just bought mine about a month ago, same color, 15 standard. I had a 15 in blue, kind of wish I still had that. Don't know if I'll warm up to the matte or not. First two mods needed are windshield and seat IMO.

wjduke
10-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Will there be a 2017 F6B? I am counting on the 2017s coming out but didn't think the B would be one of them. I'm hovering at that price point but the destination & assembly fees are pushing me over some (more than I'd like).

I would assume a 17 model year...has a dealer said no yet? This is a little early. When I was looking, the 15's were out but not the 16's. I purchased my 15 Nov 5th last year.

opas ride
10-10-2016, 03:03 PM
I would assume a 17 model year...has a dealer said no yet? This is a little early. When I was looking, the 15's were out but not the 16's. I purchased my 15 Nov 5th last year.

No F6B's on the Honda web-site for 2017 as yet....Rumor has it that a 2017/18 updated Goldwing is coming out next Spring sometime???

DTOM
10-10-2016, 07:52 PM

I was thinking about getting the Kuryakyn isogrips for heated grips, but have heard it takes away from the heat. I'm assuming those foam ones you have work better? I like the look of the Kuryakyn better, but those foam ones aren't bad either

SimonTemplar
10-11-2016, 02:40 AM
Congrats!

The Matte Silver ones are the fast ones. (they used to be other colors....but the faster speeds caused the paint to turn) ;)

....sT

Kdarmy
10-11-2016, 02:50 PM
I was thinking about getting the Kuryakyn isogrips for heated grips, but have heard it takes away from the heat. I'm assuming those foam ones you have work better? I like the look of the Kuryakyn better, but those foam ones aren't bad either

I've had my bike in numerous times about the grips not heating as well as I believe they should anyway, so yes, even the foam one I have hamper the heat to some degree...either with or without grip covers on I have to run mine on high to even make them worthwhile....and trying to get Honda to do anything about it is like...:icon_deadhorse:

DTOM
10-11-2016, 03:50 PM
I've had my bike in numerous times about the grips not heating as well as I believe they should anyway, so yes, even the foam one I have hamper the heat to some degree...either with or without grip covers on I have to run mine on high to even make them worthwhile....and trying to get Honda to do anything about it is like...:icon_deadhorse:

Well that's not good news...but helpful nonetheless. Thanks for the input