PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Rick and Value Accessories and I had a case of dumba$$ too

Jimmytee
10-13-2016, 05:09 AM
After returning from a ride on Sunday, I had a headlight out. After 31K, I've lost one of my clutch side headlight. I had thought I would go LED and now before spending money on a replacement halogen, the time was here. Only thing is that I am leaving Friday for a weekend trip down to an annual Fall Color Ride in NC. I emailed SoCal with not expecting a response. It was Sunday. I wanted to know what my options were. SoCal is in California. So I checked Value Accessories, knowing that Rick is in Ohio and that I might be able to get a through to Rick,being a Forum member and all. Rick was prompt in a response and my lights were shipped out the next morning. Received my Pathfinder Low Beam set yesterday and installed them. Thanks Rick.

Now for the DUMBASS attack I had. So I set the bike up on the centerstand and I don't know what I was thinking. I pulled the left pocket out of the fairing and the cover over the right fairing on the right side. I removed the headlight on the left side. Looked at it and thought that bulb looks good.
I got my meter out and checked for voltage at the plug. Oh no. No voltage. I was about to be upset, thinking that now I would have to track down a bad connection or un plugged wire from somewhere. :icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown::i con_frown:

Then it hit me.
:icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh:
I had removed the freaking High Beam bulb.

willtill
10-13-2016, 05:40 AM
Then it hit me.
:icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh:
I had removed the freaking High Beam bulb.

:icon_lol: Oh my! ...and all of that work to get to those more difficult access to those bulbs as well.

It's good to share because... for the grace of god, there could go the rest of us :shock:

Jimmytee
10-13-2016, 05:46 AM
:icon_lol: Oh my! ...and all of that work to get to those more difficult access to those bulbs as well.

It's good to share because... for the grace of god, there could go the rest of us :shock:

No doubt. :icon_lol: At least I know what to expect.

willtill
10-13-2016, 09:14 AM
No doubt. :icon_lol: At least I know what to expect.

I really like those LED's you got from V.A. And I am intrigued by the thermal heat sink strap thingy's. Do they actually get warm to the touch?

Also, looks like you installed one in comparison to the OEM bulb. Is the headlight cover hotter (or warmer) to the touch now; as opposed to the headlight cover over the OEM bulb?

Jimmytee
10-13-2016, 09:27 AM
I really like those LED's you got from V.A. And I am intrigued by the thermal heat sink strap thingy's. Do they actually get warm to the touch?

Also, looks like you installed one in comparison to the OEM bulb. Is the headlight cover hotter (or warmer) to the touch now; as opposed to the headlight cover over the OEM bulb?

After the first one was in ,I took the picture.
I don't know about the temperatureof the flexible heat sinks. I have not had my hand on them while the lights were lit. The literature instructs to spread them out to allow heat to dissipate. It says they get warm but not warm enough to damage anything they might come into contact with.
I can't comment on the headlight lens either. Never crossed my mind to check.
LEDs in general run significantly cooler though in my experience.

stroguy
10-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Looks good Jimmy. For the high beams, removing the pockets give you the best angle at the bulbs? Would pulling the speakers give you better access at the highs? I am just going to order the highs this afternoon as well. Don't know why I didn't just order them as well Sunday night.

Northern Tool had a sale yesterday so I went and spent my retirement on some toys.

Jimmytee
10-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Looks good Jimmy. For the high beams, removing the pockets give you the best angle at the bulbs? Would pulling the speakers give you better access at the highs? I am just going to order the highs this afternoon as well. Don't know why I didn't just order them as well Sunday night.

Northern Tool had a sale yesterday so I went and spent my retirement on some toys.

Removing the speakers will accomplish nothing towards changing the high beam light. Have to remove the pocket on the left and the cover over the radiator on the right.
I didn't order the highs because I wasn't trying to spend another $155 right now, but I'm definitely going to order them in the near future. Kinda wish I had, but it is what it is now.:icon_wink:

stroguy
10-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Removing the speakers will accomplish nothing towards changing the high beam light. Have to remove the pocket on the left and the cover over the radiator on the right.
I didn't order the highs because I wasn't trying to spend another $155 right now, but I'm definitely going to order them in the near future. Kinda wish I had, but it is what it is now.:icon_wink:

OK, the right side has the cruise control module above the radiator plate. Wonder how much fun it will be moving that? Thanks. I put the highs on order.

willtill
10-13-2016, 12:21 PM
OK, the right side has the cruise control module above the radiator plate. Wonder how much fun it will be moving that? Thanks. I put the highs on order.

It's easy. See this post:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7031-Installing-Kisan-Headlight-Modulators&highlight=headlight+modulators

stroguy
10-13-2016, 12:51 PM
Very good. The highs have already been shipped. VA is pretty badazz.

Redlinez
10-13-2016, 04:42 PM
I was wondering what would be a good way to improve the low beams. The high beams work well enough for me. Thanks and good to hear about VA.

Kolsch
10-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Installed EC. Price was better than SC, installing the high beams was a pain in the a$$. 4473
Fog lights are Show Chrome.

Blk6bgg6
10-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Man those lights are nice guys..this definitely happening this offseason.with ricks of course

Blk6bgg6
10-13-2016, 08:28 PM
I will check prices tomorrow when drinks have worn off ,however those are nice ..and my wife doesnt understand y I need them.safety baby safety