PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up tires

Bob Penn
10-13-2016, 10:56 AM
Not for nothing, and I've read many of the threads and arguments on the best tire etc., but I just ordered a new set of Bridgestones from Wing-stuff and paid $314.99 less the $40 mfg. rebate bringing the total cost down to $274.99. And mine you the Wing doesn't charge for either shipping or Sales tax outside of CA.
The Stone might not be the best tire out there, but for $275, a year's worth of riding for me, can anyone really complain? My original rear is going at 13,500 miles and the front looks to have another 2000 miles left in it. So I decided to keep the bike stock with Bridgestones.

Just saying.

seadog
10-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Not for nothing, and I've read many of the threads and arguments on the best tire etc., but I just ordered a new set of Bridgestones from Wing-stuff and paid $314.99 less the $40 mfg. rebate bringing the total cost down to $274.99. And mine you the Wing doesn't charge for either shipping or Sales tax outside of CA.
The Stone might not be the best tire out there, but for $275, a year's worth of riding for me, can anyone really complain? My original rear is going at 13,500 miles and the front looks to have another 2000 miles left in it. So I decided to keep the bike stock with Bridgestones.

Just saying.

You buy what you like and can afford, that's what I always have done, I did put an Elite 4 Dunlop on the rear this time as my original Stone only lasted 7200 miles but I am quite aggressive in the throttle so that explains why it left so quick. I am hoping the Elite 4 which is supposed to have a harder center section and soft edges will give me a few more miles than the OEM rear tire. I still have the new OEM Stone on the front but will likely change when that wears out as I like to keep a set on the bike instead of mixing brands. So far the Elite 4 has lived up to its ability to handle curves well and traction is as good as it gets so I will see when the miles start piling on how well its going to do. If you got 13,500 out the rear tire that's great and well worth buying and staying with the OEM original tires.

Kolsch
10-13-2016, 07:00 PM
I could of got another 2-3,000 more miles on the rear tire (stock tires), front tire was to the wear bars. Always check your tire pressure. I run 40 front, 42 rear. I'm also trying the Dunlap elite 4's. So fare I like them.