PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen and passenger buffeting

DocF6B
10-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Hey again,

I've got the 2015 Deluxe with the Honda Tall windscreen and my low-time riding wife said she experienced alot of wind buffeting, will at taller windscreen help significantly or could she just be not used to it?

Thanks

ff73148
10-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Hey again,

I've got the 2015 Deluxe with the Honda Tall windscreen and my low-time riding wife said she experienced alot of wind buffeting, will at taller windscreen help significantly or could she just be not used to it?

Thanks

Sometimes a shorter screen will solve the problem.

seadog
10-17-2016, 07:12 PM
They have very versatile tall windshields

jm21ddd15
10-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Sometimes, it's not necessarily the windshield causing all the buffeting. I have 6 different helmets, from halfs, to full face, and get different buffeting on each one. Do you also have the stock seat or an aftermarket seat? Some seats put the passenger up a bit higher than the stock seat. Just a few ideas to consider. I never rode on the back of the 6, so, maybe I don't know what the h--- I'm talking about. :shrug:

DMAGOLDRDR
10-17-2016, 08:23 PM
As said, sometimes a larger shield will cause buffeting issues.
Look at it this way.... the larger the shield the bigger hole you are punching thru the air. Now there has to be more air to rush in to fill that large hole. You may need a tall shield OR just a wide shield. And sometimes going smaller will allow smoother flow. There is no magic size for everyone.

Old Ryder
10-18-2016, 08:10 AM
My wife says the Baker hand wings make a difference---of course I run the stock shield with a MRA spoiler mounted. I get more air but less buffeting. As stated, other things make a difference. With my bikes with NO shield, different sunglasses vary the noise and air. Aero stuff is very complicated and small things make a big difference. That is why auto makers have and spend lots of money on wind tunnels.

kenny urban
10-18-2016, 09:08 AM
My wife says the Baker hand wings make a difference---of course I run the stock shield with a MRA spoiler mounted. I get more air but less buffeting. As stated, other things make a difference. With my bikes with NO shield, different sunglasses vary the noise and air. Aero stuff is very complicated and small things make a big difference. That is why auto makers have and spend lots of money on wind tunnels.I put a "WindBender" on mine, then added a MRA extention,, It is NO taller,, But PUNCHES thru the air better,, It seams to have less affect on the air coming around the sides of the windscreen,,The Idea is, the wind does not collapse when it goes over the top, or around the sides, because there is a LARGE amount of air coming between the TWO(three) windscreens,,(Madstad is another Brand)KennyU,seattle.

DaWadd
10-18-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm currently riding with the Honda tall screen and found the mirror wings help reduce the buffeting quite a bit along with adjusting the vent to suit the conditions."coffee"

Bob Penn
10-19-2016, 09:35 AM
You married guys just admit it! You install some of those windscreens just to blow her off your back.

53driver
10-19-2016, 10:27 AM
You married guys just admit it! You install some of those windscreens just to blow her off your back.

That's why I installed the Smuggler Trunk.....She never gets on!

Audiochris90
10-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Mrs Clinton would say " a woman should never to subjected to buffeting" . I run a 16 / 20 inch klockworks goldwing model with a vent. With a few oe parts it will bolt up in the 20 inch position. Then its like heaven. Or i can bolt it in 16 inch position and see over it just right. Its clear polycarbonate so pretty good optical when lokking through it. My gal was very comfortable. Or like 53 driver, its a chopper baby.

Honda 6
10-25-2016, 02:52 PM
Got Clearview recurve with a vent and couldn't be happier !! Buffeting Gone !! :icon_mrgreen:

Redlinez
10-25-2016, 04:13 PM
^ That's what I was gonna recommend.

Steve 0080
10-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Yup! Vent or mirror wings....

Wing'n it
10-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Ride and get up to speed and raise you hand slowly above you head and find the wind stream, she can also do the same thing when you find it is it well above your head? If so could the wind be coming around the sides buffeting you from the sides? Baker hand wings really help with the side buffeting and my wife did not like the Honda tall F6B shield, its narrower at the top than a Wing shield and causes side buffeting, for her.