PDA

View Full Version : Update on Dwight Kelly

MichaelG
09-23-2013, 03:13 PM
I just got off the phone...messages...with Dwight Kelly, the rider from Maryland, that was seriously injured in the single bike accident during the F6B rally in Franklin, NC. He and I played phone tag today, but here is the jest of his message to me.

He broke 4 ribs. He ruptured his spleen. He had swelling on the brain, but no operation to relieve the swelling. He fractured both wrists, and after a couple operations he still has pins in both wrists. His Insurance Company...Progressive...is treating him quite well, and it looks like they are goingt to cover almost everything, inclusing most accessories. His only item that is questionable is the Shuberth Helmet, which is quite pricey, and he is working with them on that.

All in all he sounded good.

Now, Hornblower...how is that Brother of yours...Luther?

Hornblower
09-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Now, Hornblower...how is that Brother of yours...Luther?

Luther is doing much better now. After several trips to the wound center, it looks like they finally have the infection under control and the open wound is starting to heal. He will continue to have treatment every few days to repack and medicate. Other than that, the insurance company considered his bike totaled and sent him a check. So, with that, I believe he is officially out of the motorcycle business.

MichaelG
09-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Luther is doing much better now. After several trips to the wound center, it looks like they finally have the infection under control and the open wound is starting to heal. He will continue to have treatment every few days to repack and medicate. Other than that, the insurance company considered his bike totaled and sent him a check. So, with that, I believe he is officially out of the motorcycle business.

Ken, that is okay that he is done with riding. I can understand that, from his perspective. I wish him the very best, ansd if I get back to that part of the country next year, we will all have to go have lunch...together. :icon_mrgreen: