PDA

View Full Version : SoCal LED Head Lights

Steve 0080
10-20-2016, 11:35 PM
I installed the SoCal LED's in my GoldWing today. After watching You Tube Video a couple of times I got started. I have installed HID's on my F6B so there are very much alike as far as the install . I started with the Hi Beams as they looked the hardest to do. And they were! The only divation I made was marking where the tabs were with a silver sharpie. Really no big deal. Takes about an hour for the Hi's and the low's are faster especially on the B. I would like to see another couple of inches of cable added to the lights just to make it easier to tie up the wires. I will go out for a ride on Sunday night if nothing comes up a post a reply on the lights themselves! They do appear to show pure white and match the fogs very well. I chose to leave the turn signals amber to match my side lights.

http://www.socalmotogear.com/HONDA-GOLD-WING-GL1800-F6B-LED-HEADLIGHT-SYSTEM-p/g18led.htm

https://youtu.be/SZ5fURJLv_M?t=4

Steve 0080
10-20-2016, 11:56 PM
Here are the pic's...very nice lights, and well worth the money!!!

AussieF6B
10-21-2016, 03:15 AM
very nice indeed :yes::yes:

TruBlu
10-21-2016, 06:52 AM
Hey Steve . . . I just rec'd mine from SoCal, but only for the low side. Looking to plug em in this wknd . . and yes I had HID s on my last wing so I m looking for anything better than stock . .

stroguy
10-21-2016, 07:02 AM
Great stuff Steve. I plan on wearing some nitrile gloves for better traction on these parts when you are blindly reaching in the recess. Thanks Steve, hope to have mine completed this weekend as well.

Steve 0080
10-21-2016, 07:45 AM
Great stuff Steve. I plan on wearing some nitrile gloves for better traction on these parts when you are blindly reaching in the recess. Thanks Steve, hope to have mine completed this weekend as well.

The gloves may help. My two kits came with an extra bezel for the bulbs, I remember a member losing one inside the light housing and taking a while to get out !!! I was very careful but did not have any problems with that part . I do have size 15 fingers so it was tough. I ended up putting the bezel on a long pair of needle nose and then using a longer screw driver to put it into position, then putting on the snap ring to hold it in place. Just take your time and you should be fine!

stroguy
10-21-2016, 10:23 AM
The gloves may help. My two kits came with an extra bezel for the bulbs, I remember a member losing one inside the light housing and taking a while to get out !!! I was very careful but did not have any problems with that part . I do have size 15 fingers so it was tough. I ended up putting the bezel on a long pair of needle nose and then using a longer screw driver to put it into position, then putting on the snap ring to hold it in place. Just take your time and you should be fine!

That was me that lost that adapter....oh the horror of getting it out. Could I use a hot dog or maybe a brat to hold that adapter?

stroguy
10-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Low beams are in. Pretty easy job. When modifying the dust boot, stick it through a half inch hunk of pipe and straight razor your cut. This mod is stitches waiting to happen. Careful. On to the high beams.

EDIT: Bike has been running for 10 minutes and the mesh heat sinks are warm to the touch but not hot. Will let her run another 10 minutes and that should easily be max temp for the bulbs.

DOUBLE EDIT: 30 minutes and heat sinks are easily touched and held. No major heat build up.

pilotguy299
10-23-2016, 03:09 PM
You don't actually need to cut the boots. Make sure the rubber is a bit warm and pliable, and you can slide it on.

Worked on mine.

Steve 0080
10-23-2016, 10:37 PM
Went out for a short ride tonight to check out the lights.... WOW they are pure white and throw a beam down the road. If cost is an issue, you can get by w/o the hi beams.... I did add them and all I can say is there are insane !!!!! They blow a hole in the night !!!

You will not be disappointed !

Bama Bagger
12-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Steve,

I have the SoCal HID Lows and those silly high beams that do nothing. I was thinking of upgrading both to the new SoCal H7 LED's. Is there a difference from the low beam HID's output to the new low beam LED output or do I just keep the HID lows and put in the LED highs?

Your thoughts please...

Thanks...Jim

Steve 0080
12-09-2016, 10:56 PM
Bama, check your PM's....