PDA

View Full Version : Throw together late fall run

seadog
10-21-2016, 05:30 PM
Trying to put together a run for this Sunday up thru the Tunnel Of Trees and there are two of us so far willing to attack the cooler weather with heavy cold gear as our source of warmth on this one as the temps are going to be in the 50's if they aren't lying to us.
Anyone from Michigan that can make it is welcome. We are trying to kick this off out of Cadillac Sunday morning 8:30 to 9:00 am heading up M131 toward Petoskey. Still working out the details but that is the plan so far.

willtill
10-21-2016, 06:42 PM
The 50's are cold? :shock: Huh? :shock: What? :shock: And yer bundling up like a bunch of Eskimo's for it? :icon_lol:

I thought you were a battle hardened, weather master'ner, Michigan'er.... :icon_wink:

I'd ride with you if you were closer though. the 50's is a nice crisp cool riding weather. :yes: No need to dress like an astronaut :nono:

seadog
10-21-2016, 07:08 PM
The 50's are cold? :shock: Huh? :shock: What? :shock: And yer bundling up like a bunch of Eskimo's for it? :icon_lol:

I thought you were a battle hardened, weather master'ner, Michigan'er.... :icon_wink:

I'd ride with you if you were closer though. the 50's is a nice crisp cool riding weather. :yes: No need to dress like an astronaut :nono:

I usually wear my Cortech Levi jacket which has an insert for warmth and an HJC full face, I take the neck gator along incase it get too cool. My heavy gloves I bought from Value Accessories but also I carry all my light gear in case the weatherman lied which they do quite a lot here. The weather depending on which venue you use varies greatly.. the TV weatherman say 53 to 68 and the weather online say 53 to 55 degrees so as you can see its a crap shoot as to what you will be wearing. Dress for the worst and hope for the best, all you can do up here in the great state of Michigan this time of year.

F6B1911
10-21-2016, 07:39 PM
I usually wear my Cortech Levi jacket which has an insert for warmth and an HJC full face, I take the neck gator along incase it get too cool. My heavy gloves I bought from Value Accessories but also I carry all my light gear in case the weatherman lied which they do quite a lot here. The weather depending on which venue you use varies greatly.. the TV weatherman say 53 to 68 and the weather online say 53 to 55 degrees so as you can see its a crap shoot as to what you will be wearing. Dress for the worst and hope for the best, all you can do up here in the great state of Michigan this time of year.

Nothing better than a brisk temp to make the ride refreshing.
Just remember, those warm weather riders in Florida wouldn't last 10 minutes north of Bay City.

VStarRider
10-22-2016, 09:23 AM
Autumn is my favorite time to ride. Less traffic on the roads in the Finger Lakes and Adirondacks, plus the fall colors. I enjoy the cool temps for riding. You can always add more clothing; you can only take so much off.

Wet leaves and deer are issues of concern.

seadog
10-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Autumn is my favorite time to ride. Less traffic on the roads in the Finger Lakes and Adirondacks, plus the fall colors. I enjoy the cool temps for riding. You can always add more clothing; you can only take so much off.

Wet leaves and deer are issues of concern.

We will be leaving the Bob Evans on the north end of Mitchell street between 8:30 and 9:00 am and catching the 131 Freeway heading north toward Petoskey. Then M119 toward Harbor Springs and on up thru the Tunnel Of Trees and continuing along the lakeshore to Mackinaw City and then I-75 south on the return flight.

F6B1911
10-22-2016, 06:21 PM
I got up to Cadillac, beautiful day for a ride.
The trip up M-115 was beautiful.
I'll see everyone at 8:30am at Bob Evans, the weather shows sun and a high of 60, should be a great run.

soberbiker
10-22-2016, 08:25 PM
Again SEADOG I wish I was able to join y'all but they just stepped us up to 7 days till December now. Looks like this riding season is a bust but I haven't worked this good in quite some time. So I am grateful to be working.

seadog
10-23-2016, 05:33 AM
Again SEADOG I wish I was able to join y'all but they just stepped us up to 7 days till December now. Looks like this riding season is a bust but I haven't worked this good in quite some time. So I am grateful to be working.

I put my time and hours in for my family and know the important of having a good job so don't worry we will be going again next year and hope to see you one of those times. Stay out of harms way and see you next year.

seadog
10-23-2016, 06:39 AM
Crispy start this morning as it is in the mid 30's for the kick off of the color tour but expected to go into the 50's later on so it should be a good ride for sure. We are going up north of Cadillac on 131 right thru the Peak colors and then running along the lakeshore on M119 to Mackinaw City grabbing lunch and then back down I-75 thru the peak colors again and I order sunshine for today so those color should be awesome.

seadog
10-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Up thru the tunnel of trees and the colors were peak right along the lakeshore roads and fairly mild temps as the day progressed. Mike(F6B1911) and I had a whale of a time going thru the twistys along the lakeshore and decided we should do that one again when the next summer rolls around. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Rob Stallings
10-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Wow, just got back from a ride beautiful day in lower Michigan. Had I read your post earlier I think I would have taken off up there to ride with you guys. Bummer! Road the tunnel earlier this year fantastic ride.

VStarRider
10-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Up thru the tunnel of trees and the colors were peak right along the lakeshore roads and fairly mild temps as the day progressed. Mike(F6B1911) and I had a whale of a time going thru the twistys along the lakeshore and decided we should do that one again when the next summer rolls around. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

If I lived anywhere near Michigan, I would've joined you. Instead, I got my bedroom ready to paint and mowed/mulched leaves...so, I did get a ride in ... on the mower. :icon_mrgreen:

opas ride
10-23-2016, 07:34 PM
I would have joined the ride if things were a little better for me right now... Just had some skin cancer surgery on the left temple area, (they got it all out) which prevents me from putting a helmet on for a few days....Glad you had guys had a nice ride and if anything is planned for next time let me know....Doubt if I will be doing much riding for the next few weeks anyhow as I am working with a contractor to do a complete master bathroom remodel to help my wife out as she can no longer stand up for very long while taking a shower...Back and Arthritis issues.....Ride safe...