PDA

View Full Version : Can you turn the radio system off?

Eagle Wing
09-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Just test rode a F6B. Very nice. The front end seems light or it just may be the handlebars? Coming off a Harley everything is different.

I could not figure out how to turn the radio off....neither could the salesman; he went in came out and said it was always on?

photodiver
09-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Salesmen don't know crap. Just hold in the audio button for 5 seconds and it will shut the radio completely off. My salesman didn't know there was a USB cable in the left saddle bag for a I-pod.

HogSlayer
09-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah it can be turned off, the top left button on the control panel on the clutch side of the fairing is the AUDIO button, it has numerous modes one
of which is off. Can't believe the salesman didn't know that, I've owned the bike for 3 days and know that.
Do you think you're gonna buy one?

BIGLRY
09-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Salesmen don't know crap. Just hold in the audio button for 5 seconds and it will shut the radio completely off. My salesman didn't know there was a USB cable in the left saddle bag for a I-pod.:banghead::wrong:

MichaelG
09-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Just test rode a F6B. Very nice. The front end seems light or it just may be the handlebars? Coming off a Harley everything is different.

I could not figure out how to turn the radio off....neither could the salesman; he went in came out and said it was always on?

I would seriously suggest that you find a different salesperson to deal with, or maybe a different dealership. That Audio button is so simple to operate. I understand that YOU did not know how...but the salesperson should have know.

I am not joking when I say...they either need to discount the price by a LOT, or I would walk out and go to a more knowledgeable delaership.

Eagle Wing
09-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Salesmen don't know crap. Just hold in the audio button for 5 seconds and it will shut the radio completely off. My salesman didn't know there was a USB cable in the left saddle bag for a I-pod.

Thanks, I did try holding in the Audio button but not for 5 seconds!

Eagle Wing
09-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Do you think you're gonna buy one?

I really liked it. Just not sure about no reverse. I moved it around on the showroom floor and my bum right shoulder hurt afterwards.

I am going to try a BMW 1200 RT tomorrow. Seat height is an issue with the BMW.

Eagle Wing
09-23-2013, 05:35 PM
go to a more knowledgeable delaership.

Al Lamb in Dallas; they claim to be the largest Gold Wing dealer in Texas and I believe it based on the number of Wings....probably 10 Gold Wings and 15 F6Bs.

MSGT-R
09-23-2013, 05:42 PM
I would seriously suggest that you find a different salesperson to deal with, or maybe a different dealership. That Audio button is so simple to operate. I understand that YOU did not know how...but the salesperson should have know.

I am not joking when I say...they either need to discount the price by a LOT, or I would walk out and go to a more knowledgeable delaership.

I like to terrorize auto salesmen that way at auto shows. I ask them questions they should know and leave them stammering. My husband tells me I'm evil as he's snickering. :icon_wink:

MichaelG
09-23-2013, 06:36 PM
I like to terrorize auto salesmen that way at auto shows. I ask them questions they should know and leave them stammering. My husband tells me I'm evil as he's snickering. :icon_wink:

I do that too. I knew you must be my little sister...(he he he):077:

unsub
09-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I really liked it. Just not sure about no reverse. I moved it around on the showroom floor and my bum right shoulder hurt afterwards.

I came this close ->|<- to buying a 2013 R1200RT. Despite the lovely accessory overload on the Beemer, the quality of build materials, and that I have been a long time BMW owner/rider, I had second thoughts on BMW's reputation for poor reliability and customer service these last few years so I went with the Honda F6B. 180 degrees for me.

Not just saying because I bought one, but boy am I glad I chose the F6B over the Beemer. These machines are at their Zenith for reliability and run like a locomotive.

Honda should have named this beast the GL1800ST

Of course your mileage may vary. Best of luck with your decision.

MercuryF1
09-24-2013, 01:29 PM

I am a fan of BMW and am totally impressed with the technology that goes in their bikes. RTs are great bikes but you might want to hold off getting one this year as I am reliably informed that the NEW RT 'liquid cooled' will be launched sometime next year. When that comes out, prices of the air-cooled version will plummet as most RT fans will opt for the change!

unsub
09-24-2013, 07:03 PM
I am a fan of BMW and am totally impressed with the technology that goes in their bikes. RTs are great bikes but you might want to hold off getting one this year as I am reliably informed that the NEW RT 'liquid cooled' will be launched sometime next year. When that comes out, prices of the air-cooled version will plummet as most RT fans will opt for the change!

It's likely to be announced/confirmed in the early spring and North American availability will begin in the summer of 2014. Not leaving a lot of good weather riding in 2014 for many North American buyers.

1951vbs
09-24-2013, 07:59 PM
It's likely to be announced/confirmed in the early spring and North American availability will begin in the summer of 2014. Not leaving a lot of good weather riding in 2014 for many North American buyers.

Now that this thread is hijacked. BMW likes to sit back and coast on their reputation and if you are talking about boxer twins I think they have it figured out. However I bought into the hype and found that I was unfortunately a beta tester for (2) K1200's; a "S" and a "GT" and the problems with those are huge. BMWNA has their head in the sand and could care less. If it makes 36,000 miles they are done. The K12S blew the final drive at 44,000 miles to the tune of $3800 and the K12GT never ran right, stalled out when stopping, needed ABS pump, broken center stand and finally at 88,000 jumped the cam chain, wrecked the head to the tune of $13,000 and took 51 weeks to repair due to lack of parts availability. Just go to http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43 and look at their stickies. Anyway I bought the F6B because it is based on a Goldwing platform that has been performing well for over 10 years and goes back 3 decades. BMW will not be getting any of my money for quite a while. They have had to replace some new water head engines because they shear the starter ring gear. Good luck with BMW!

unsub
09-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Now that this thread is hijacked.

:icon_rolleyes: My bad.

Jcamp
09-26-2013, 08:43 PM
The best bike I ever had was a BMW R1150RT. it fit like a glove. I thought while going through Ohio it might be the last bike I would ever have because it felt so good. Until I pulled into the Air Force museum in Dayton Oh. And saw he puddle pn the ground. Final drive failure. From the people who pioneered shaft drive bikes. Did you know that the closest dealer to Dayton Ohio was in Indianapolis Indiana? That's 600.00 dollars in tow from Dayton. A cash repair of a problem that BMW wouldn't admit it had. From the people who mastered shaft drive 90+ years ago.
There is nothing like starting my F6B and hearing that six cylinder whine and knowing what true engineerIng sounds like.