PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Steelmate TPMS users

DMAGOLDRDR
10-24-2016, 08:33 AM
I may be missing something in the set up. It seems to me the High/Low PSI threshold is set for both Front & Rear in one setting, with a 30% variation. Am I correct that I can not set each tire individually?

Thanks in advance !!!

98valk
10-24-2016, 10:14 AM
I may be missing something in the set up. It seems to me the High/Low PSI threshold is set for both Front & Rear in one setting, with a 30% variation. Am I correct that I can not set each tire individually?

Thanks in advance !!!

Yes, you are correct. The front and rear tires do share the same threshold setting.

If someone has a low pressure car tire, it may be a challenge to get a decent compromise.

willtill
10-24-2016, 10:49 AM
Yep. I have my threshold set at 30psi,,, to accommodate the higher pressure front tire, and the lower pressure Michelin run flat car tire.

DMAGOLDRDR
10-24-2016, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys,

I have my first Steelmate system installed on my 1978 GL1000 and the front tire has 28 and the rear has 40 so it took some time to get it set without a warning. My F6B will get it's TPMS installed soon and I will be working the numbers there also as I have a non run flat that I run 45psi and 40 up front.