PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature pumping more warm into Michigan

seadog
11-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Can't put the bike up yet as the weather for the next 7 days is in the 60's. We had 68 degrees today in and around Cadillac, Michigan and its a quite a bit unusual to have such a warming spell this late. Usually the deer hunter are out in tracking snow by this time so I guess the F6B is going to get more miles on it this year before the snow falls.

Steve 0080
11-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Still warm here in F L A... I did a swing up north on A1A to check out the storm damage...may head south this weekend !

53driver
11-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Okay, I know I'm in Florida now, but I spent 14 years in the greater Philadelphia area - which doesn't get the Arctic push like MN, WI, & MI, but it gets cold.

My rule: as long as it is above 20 degrees and dry, I'll ride.
I do not have heated gear.
I rode the 95 Heritage, the 81 Wing, the '97 Valk and the F6B in those conditions to work.
Winterizing? Phooey.
:icon_mrgreen:

stroguy
11-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Okay, I know I'm in Florida now, but I spent 14 years in the greater Philadelphia area - which doesn't get the Arctic push like MN, WI, & MI, but it gets cold.

I rode the 95 Heritage, the 81 Wing, the '97 Valk and the F6B in those conditions to work.
Winterizing? Phooey.

20 and dry is my formula as well.

opas ride
11-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Can't put the bike up yet as the weather for the next 7 days is in the 60's. We had 68 degrees today in and around Cadillac, Michigan and its a quite a bit unusual to have such a warming spell this late. Usually the deer hunter are out in tracking snow by this time so I guess the F6B is going to get more miles on it this year before the snow falls.

Can't ride to far as I have some contractors working on my house with some re-modeling being done and I kind of like to be around to make sure things are going right....Anyhow, agree with this Great Michigan weather so far..Nov 1 and 76 degrees today..Went for a nice ride and surely enjoyed the beautiful fall day......Ride safe

willtill
11-01-2016, 09:05 PM

Enjoy the weather Seadog... sometimes Mother Nature smiles on you ... :icon_wink:

My bike is still is pieces but will be put together in the next day ot two... and then it's Wahoo! 'riding'

lake_carl
11-01-2016, 10:23 PM
80 degrees today in central MO, had a wonderful 250 mile ride

seadog
11-02-2016, 06:03 AM
Enjoy the weather Seadog... sometimes Mother Nature smiles on you ... :icon_wink:

My bike is still is pieces but will be put together in the next day ot two... and then it's Wahoo! 'riding'

Than tearing the whole front plastic off it to get to that clamp, That sucks they didn't do much engineering for maintenance on these bikes as everything seems to be a major project to get to each thing you have to maintain. My M109R Suzuki Boulevard was so much easier to get to the things that needed to be done but of course that bike can't hold a candle to how nice this one is. It was just a hot rod with a big motor and no frills, and no room for storage of anything but your sunglasses. There was no place to even put a drink cup or a place for a holder that wouldn't have been right in your way. Good luck on the clamp and hope that is all that is wrong.

JackB
11-02-2016, 06:51 AM
Nov 1 + 70* = 340 miles.
What a great November day I drove from Two Rivers Wis to Wis Dells and back home. I love the Dells during the offseason. I saw a few bikes but I think I saw more Corvette's. I guess they have to get their last ride in too.http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx328/extrurer/IMG_0530.jpg (http://s768.photobucket.com/user/extrurer/media/IMG_0530.jpg.html)

Pumper
11-02-2016, 01:38 PM

Winterizing? Phooey.

The great States where men are men and the weather sucks in the winter...I lived in FL for a year and got home sick, Christmas without snow and cold? Huh the is like ice cream with out chocolate...

BIGLRY
11-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Low 70s here on the Central Coast of Calif, going for a ride after lunch and do a little bikini watching at some of the local beaches.:icon_lol:

roaddog
11-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Had a great ride yesterday from my home in Grosse ile to Holly Mi. Mother Nature painted a beautiful picture with the changing colors of the trees looking like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting. With temps in the upper 70's it was really special. Not ready to put her to bed yet.

Bob Penn
11-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Low 70s here on the Central Coast of Calif, going for a ride after lunch and do a little bikini watching at some of the local beaches.:icon_lol:

Sounds like great weather for a ride but your purpose could be dangerous to the heart of a man of your social security status!:icon_lol:

seadog
11-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Sounds like great weather for a ride but your purpose could be dangerous to the heart of a man of your social security status!:icon_lol:

Right Larry, if it wasn't for those bikini clad babe's on the beach us old guys would have to invent something to keep the blood moving. Poor old Michigander's have to wait thru the winter snows for a look at those honeys on the beach in the spring.

Rob Stallings
11-06-2016, 01:34 PM
November 6th weather in michigan around 70 degrees, wife's says let's go for a nice ride it's beautiful out. I replied love you baby but the Caddy is in for break recall, lower cowl lights, power outlet left cubby, and breakaway cruise control. Won't be ready until tomorrow. :(

F6B1911
11-06-2016, 06:03 PM
November 6th weather in michigan around 70 degrees, wife's says let's go for a nice ride it's beautiful out. I replied love you baby but the Caddy is in for break recall, lower cowl lights, power outlet left cubby, and breakaway cruise control. Won't be ready until tomorrow. :(

It was a beautiful day in SE Michigan, did the run up to the top of the thumb, then down 25 to Port Huron, temp was 67 degrees most of the day.

seadog
11-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Was out and about most of the afternoon 68 degrees was the highest I saw and that hung on for quite a spell but only dropped back to 66 later in the day and I got my 200 mile day in with room to spare but had friends coming over so had to put it away about 4:14 PM but probably could have stay out for another hundred if not for company coming. Great day in November in Michigan for sure.