PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Ownership by State

Circle-5
11-02-2016, 06:34 PM
Interesting statistics ...

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/16/50-states-ranked-for-highest-motorcycle-ownership.aspx

Steve 0080
11-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Sorry but the way they counted did not work for me.....warm weather and sunshine...Florida is second next to California !!!!

stroguy
11-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Might be a count of how many are put up for winter. Very slanted way of counting.

wjduke
11-03-2016, 04:38 AM
It's listed per capita....you guys have a lot more people in your states. You already have the best weather, you want it all? :joke:

Bob Penn
11-03-2016, 06:47 AM
It all goes back to my old story. When I meet someone claiming to be a biker I like to walk them over to their bikes and ask them to turn their key on so I can read their odometer. That tells the real story. :jerkit:

wjduke
11-03-2016, 06:55 AM
It all goes back to my old story. When I meet someone claiming to be a biker I like to walk them over to their bikes and ask them to turn their key on so I can read their odometer. That tells the real story. :jerkit:

A good friend has a Harley....exclaimed proudly to everyone how he hit 10,000 miles about a month ago and how it still looks new....bike is 3 years old. Teach told him it should, it still is new :icon_biggrin:

Old Ryder
11-03-2016, 09:15 AM

A good friend has a Harley....exclaimed proudly to everyone how he hit 10,000 miles about a month ago and how it still looks new....bike is 3 years old. Teach told him it should, it still is new :icon_biggrin:

So true. Since 2004 I average about 10K per year, but I don't ride just to burn gasoline. A lot involve 12-1500 mile weekends and daily errands as well as back and forth to work. We have our share of bad weather here in NC--(yes it does get cold) and it also get triple didgets in summer. I ride mostly for fun---and when the fun ain't fun, then it isn't fun anymore.

Statistics are fun to read about, but it is very easy to drown in the river that averages 2 feet of water.

wjduke
11-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Bike is one year old Saturday...hope to do this every year.

Brasco
11-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Bike is one year old Saturday...hope to do this every year.

Please tell me you're retired or I'm gonna have to seriously re-evaluate everything about my life on two wheels. :icon_wink:

VStarRider
11-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Please tell me you're retired or I'm gonna have to seriously re-evaluate everything about my life on two wheels. :icon_wink:

Mine has 8,700 and WJ Duke bought his a month after I did. I don't think I could ride that much and enjoy it. Glad others do though!!:icon_cool:

wjduke
11-04-2016, 04:27 AM

No, I work full time. Here's my secret......I'm single

3,700 of that was my vacation week down south, and, we had a mild winter last year. I had about 4,000 miles coming into Spring. I doubt that will happen again any time soon. To be honest, I'm not sure I'll repeat it. This was a dedicated year to riding.

wjduke
11-04-2016, 04:33 AM
Mine has 8,700 and WJ Duke bought his a month after I did. I don't think I could ride that much and enjoy it. Glad others do though!!:icon_cool:

You have to enjoy it to ride a lot. I love this bike. I just read your evaluation of the Chieftan. I came oh so close to buying that bike. I stuck with Honda reliability. My friend who owns a Roadmaster has his in the shop right now for a rear shock replacement, under warranty. He has 14,000 miles. I might have what Wingn it had, the loose fork bearing problem. I want to check that this winter. I have no regrets though. So far, tires and oil changes only.