PDA

View Full Version : someone needs to make 2nd set of speakers using stock rear wiring

jimsol1
09-25-2013, 01:19 PM
I know I am not the only one trying to keep my windshield low as possible for looks, but suffering from low volume through stereo and looking for the right compromise. Seems that speaker pods, surface mount could go in front of my knees below radio controls on left, and keyhole to center cubby on right, powered by exixting rear channel wiring on bike.
The guy who finds/makes the right speakers and enclosures will sell alot of them, or at least one for me. Harley puts some on the crash bars on the electra glides, shell painted to match body.

Pedro66
09-25-2013, 08:23 PM
I know I am not the only one trying to keep my windshield low as possible for looks, but suffering from low volume through stereo and looking for the right compromise. Seems that speaker pods, surface mount could go in front of my knees below radio controls on left, and keyhole to center cubby on right, powered by exixting rear channel wiring on bike.
The guy who finds/makes the right speakers and enclosures will sell alot of them, or at least one for me. Harley puts some on the crash bars on the electra glides, shell painted to match body.

We have been thinking of an add on to our rack if there was enough interest

jimsol1
09-25-2013, 11:13 PM
I think rear speakers are more for the passenger, I need more sound in my face, as I rarely ride 2 up, wife doesn't like helmet head. My last bike, 2006 bmw k1200lt had front and rear speakers, and I don't think the rears added much volume up front. Make something Pete.:icon_biggrin:

chipmaker
09-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Someone way back posted pics of additional speakers in the lower dash, haven't seen it in a long while...

Ankan
09-26-2013, 12:49 AM
What about using a full face helmet with bluetooth helmet speakers ? Use with ear plugs and you still will hear the music but won't be disturbed by the annoying wind noise when riding in speeds above 35 mph.

jimsol1
09-26-2013, 03:06 AM
I have a schuberth c3 helmet w/bluetooth for colder weather, I like half or 3/4 helmet in summer and bike speakers.