PDA

View Full Version : Best saddlebag liners?

dkooris
11-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Fellow Riders,

I bought a set of cheap liners for my bags, but it turns out they're generic, don't fill much of the bag. Can anyone recommend a good set that are custom cut for the F6B bags?

Thanks,
Geoff in CT

53driver
11-11-2016, 11:18 AM
I bought the Honda F6B bags - dealer gave them to me at his cost.
They fit nicely and I still have some space towards the rear of each compartment.

JMartin
11-11-2016, 02:04 PM
I just got the Tourmaster Select Saddlebag Liners (http://www.motomonster.com/shopping/item/6139312), even though I have not yet purchased my F6B. :icon_razz:
I cannot advise how well they fit, since I don't yet have the saddlebags to line them in, but I really liked the Dual Pull zippers.
They seem to be nice, and they are specifically for the Goldwings.
The price was right also... got them on sale for about 7% off, and could only find them for list price everywhere else (even eBay).
They're back to list price now.

Just my $.02.
Jim

StonedInNy
11-11-2016, 04:30 PM
I bought the Honda F6B bags - dealer gave them to me at his cost.
They fit nicely and I still have some space towards the rear of each compartment.
+1 I have the Honda liners

Papa Tater
11-12-2016, 02:51 PM
+ 1 also have the Honda liners and they work great as mini bags for small trips, pack clothes and etc. Just pull them both out easily, note though I did pack one pass the max and you really have push on the saddlebag door to close.

seventwenty
11-13-2016, 12:32 AM
I also have the tourmasters. They were $50 for the pair. Seem to be well built.

JMartin
11-13-2016, 01:18 AM
I also have the tourmasters. They were $50 for the pair. Seem to be well built.
If I may ask (since I haven't bought my bike yet), when you put the bags in, is there much space available around the bags, or do they pretty much fill the cavity?

seventwenty
11-13-2016, 01:54 PM
If I may ask (since I haven't bought my bike yet), when you put the bags in, is there much space available around the bags, or do they pretty much fill the cavity?

There is still some available space to the rear and above. The extra space is nice as it seems you always pick up a few extra shirts or sweatshirts on a trip. Unless I'm by myself they don't leave room for my jacket though.

JMartin
11-13-2016, 02:09 PM
There is still some available space to the rear and above. The extra space is nice as it seems you always pick up a few extra shirts or sweatshirts on a trip. Unless I'm by myself they don't leave room for my jacket though.

Thanx. I'm thinking Propane Canister, Tool Pouch, etc... things I wouldn't want to take say, into the hotel with me. I want to just grab the bag of clothes and go, so I was hoping that there would be some extra space in the cavity to wedge a few items that stay on the bike.

dkooris
11-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I was going to buy the OEM ones, and then just on a lark I tried the bag liners from my BMW R12000RT. Much better fit than what I had bought. Not perfect but definitely does the trick. Think I'm sticking with those for now.

Thanks,
Geoff in CT

NAHD
11-14-2016, 12:43 AM
I kept the leather bag liners from a BMW K1200LT. The right bag isn't as tall as the left bag as the Beemer had a monster CD changer player in the back right hard compartment. They work pretty good.
The left bag is probably as good as all of the nylon bags I have seen for close fit.

dkooris
11-14-2016, 03:05 PM
I had bought these for the BMW RT's I've had in the past. While pricey, they are a dead nuts fit and super quality stuff. They now make them for Goldwings:

http://kathysjourneydesigns.com/products/Kathy's-inner-saddlebag-liners-for-Honda-Goldwing/507.html

JMartin
11-14-2016, 10:03 PM
I had bought these for the BMW RT's I've had in the past. While pricey, they are a dead nuts fit and super quality stuff. They now make them for Goldwings:

http://kathysjourneydesigns.com/products/Kathy's-inner-saddlebag-liners-for-Honda-Goldwing/507.html

Those look nice and sturdy.

unsub
11-16-2016, 09:27 AM
I'm using Bestem's. Inexpensive and seem to be holding up well @ 2 yrs old. They fit fairly snug. I think at the time Honda's were not much more.

I certainly can't see spending too much unless I used the bags for travel out of bike season. For those on a budget any small duffel will keep items dry, and the dust off.