PDA

View Full Version : New to the F6B Forum

tiltingf6b
11-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Hi Folks,

I have owned a 2014 Honda F6C Valkyrie for a year and love it so much I ordered an 2015 Blue F6B for my Birthday.
I always enjoy asking this question of LONG TIME Riders / Old Timers:
If money were no object what are the best upgrades to the F6B front to back - stem to stern - top to bottom.
I like personalizing my rides and I always prioritize my upgrades / cash flow for my motorized hobbies.
My Valkyrie really didn't need upgrading - it is an amazing ride - yes I know - it could be even more amazing.
but
I want to put my upgrade dollars into the F6B and leave the F6C more or less stock.
Thanks in advance!
Happy Riding
and hey - who lives in the lower Alabama area?

53driver
11-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Welcome! I'm over to the east, just outside Pensacola.

Upgrades to the F6B....

First seat, then Windscreen.
After that, Traxxion suspension.

If you've not read the thread for new F6B owners - I encourage it:
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9094-New-F6B-Owners-Here-s-some-collected-gouge-to-get-you-going-Updated-27-Jul-2016

Cheers,
Steve

adventurous1
11-14-2016, 02:42 AM
Welcome !

Shield
Seat w/ driver backrest
Hwy pegs and/or lowering riding pegs (depending on your height of course).
Passenger floorboards
Driver floorboards ( or mini-boards)
luggage rack
LED Highlights
LED fog lights
LED blinker lights
LED Flashing brake lights

Bill_C
11-14-2016, 05:29 PM
So, out of curiosity, what's the replacement seat of choice for the F6B?

The stock seat seems pretty good, unlike Harley's OEM which needs to be changed immediately.

Want to collect some opinions, just in case I decide to upgrade - thanks!

Steve 0080
11-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Ultimate would be my first choice and has been... Hartco makes a seat I hear is good but have not sat or rode one...both sponsors so that's a +.....

Bill_C
11-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Thanks, I'll add those to my short list along with Russell Day Long & Mustang. Appreciate the input.

ReserveBum
11-15-2016, 07:29 AM
Ultimate would be my first choice and has been... Hartco makes a seat I hear is good but have not sat or rode one...both sponsors so that's a +.....

Just a heads up.....Ultimate makes two models for the F6.....Mid Rider & King. They are very different. The King version is widely popular, the Mid Rider IMO not so much.

glide one
11-15-2016, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the forum.
I agree with adventurous1's mods and 53Dirver's thread.

I'm over the bay in Daphne
ride safe

tiltingf6b
11-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Thanks, I'll add those to my short list along with Russell Day Long & Mustang. Appreciate the input.

There is no better seat for distance than the Russell Day Long - but if your short aka vertically challenged - and already on your toes - it would be too much.
If your bike were converted to a trike it wouldn't matter.:yes:

BadDawg
11-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Just cuz I want to add my 2cents. no windshield change, no windshield change, no windshield change.

Add Mustang day tripper seat.

Did I mention no windshield change?

Big TP
11-16-2016, 06:39 PM
I think the stock seat is just fine and comfy. I am a big proponent of upgrading lights. LED bulb swap outs, fog lights and the Kuryakyn LED hockey sticks on the back with flasher.:2cents:

98valk
11-17-2016, 06:00 PM
Money being no object: Helibars!

Big TP
11-18-2016, 12:39 PM
Oh and the LED badge rings. They really get you noiced:yikes:

Bill_C
11-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Thanks tiltingF6B for the advice. I'm considering the RDL and may go for it over the winter...comfort in the saddle is a priority...