PDA

View Full Version : Looking like winter

seadog
11-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Well the snow has arrived in the semi frozen north, we are all white up here in Cadillac, looks like maybe yesterdays last ride on the F6B might have been the last hurrah! Time for putting the bike away and getting out the snow blower, I will be riding that for a few months now for sure. But I did get 163 miles in yesterday which is a first for me in the middle of November as usually we are up to our tail feathers in snow long before this. The deer hunter usually have an abundant amount of tracking snow by the 15th of November and not 65 to 72 degrees which was the case this year.

VStarRider
11-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Well the snow has arrived in the semi frozen north, we are all white up here in Cadillac, looks like maybe yesterdays last ride on the F6B might have been the last hurrah! Time for putting the bike away and getting out the snow blower, I will be riding that for a few months now for sure. But I did get 163 miles in yesterday which is a first for me in the middle of November as usually we are up to our tail feathers in snow long before this. The deer hunter usually have an abundant amount of tracking snow by the 15th of November and not 65 to 72 degrees which was the case this year.

Same here in western NYS. Current temp is 42 F, down from a high of 68 F about five hours ago. Sunny skies with some streaky clouds have been replaced by ice pellets and rain. I was on the road at 7:15am, headed out to Hamlin Beach State Park, a roughly 90 miles round trip. Beautiful ride with a nice four mile walk along Lake Ontario.

Up to 10" of snow expected here by Monday...if this is it, the 2016 season sure was a long and prosperous one (first ride: 2/7/16), with 8500 miles, my highest season total by far.

Nomibagger
11-19-2016, 09:25 PM
Same here Seadog! did 300 miles in a long sleeve shirt in northern mich yesterday! Then woke up to this white garbage today:no:

RTaz
11-20-2016, 08:48 AM
I should be ready for Spring riding I sure missed the late Fall riding. I still have to change oil in the F6B, the Can Am Spyder and the Valkyrie....slow but steady.

naga viper
11-20-2016, 09:11 AM
Snow salt cinders all ultimate cuz words to the biker community (brotherhood)
I was lucky enough to get out for 200 miles yesterday and got the last run for bbq one of favorite places closes up thanksgiving and other one is closed.
I will still get out now and then but limited.

opas ride
11-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Went from 72 degrees to 35 degrees in 24 hrs around here...Snow on ground this morning and cold outside!!!...Guess it is time to hook up the tender, add some Seafoam, and put her away for the Winter.....Ride safe

3Chief
11-21-2016, 10:11 AM
It's time to invest in a snorkel for the B here. I got spoiled being in San Diego for most of the last year, this cool/wet crap sucks :icon_frown:

Paul B Blues
11-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Ice, snow and salted roads are here for the next few months, goodbye 2016 riding season, it was a blast .snowremoval.'freezing-cold''cold'

RTaz
11-21-2016, 08:39 PM
I should be ready for Spring riding I sure missed the late Fall riding. I still have to change oil in the F6B, the Can Am Spyder and the Valkyrie....slow but steady.

Hopefully I will get this thing off so I can at last feel a little wind this winter!