PDA

View Full Version : Flew to Sacramento picked up then back to memphis

Bamaburt62
11-21-2016, 07:59 PM
Found a deal on a B to go along with my new Valkryie. Flew to Sacramento and drove it back to Memphis. Even though the Valk handles much better the B is the smoothest ride I've ever been on. Did 2300 miles in three days and felt great at the end of it all. I put her in the shop and am having torq loops installed and have sent the ecu to guhl to be reflashed. Maybe along with the K&N, v&h pipes, different oil and non ethanol go go juice I can get her to run with the Valk. Anyone tried the V&H monsters with the reflash and torq loops yet? Any help would be appreciated.

JMartin
11-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Would you mind sharing a little bit about your "deal" on your B? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger and would love to find a nearby dealer to work with. Sacramento is very close by.

stroguy
11-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Great story, welcome. You must have been chasing that cold front, how was the weather on the way home?

rdeady
11-21-2016, 11:13 PM
I have the monsters but no loops or refresh. Let us know what it does.I am certainly curious

Steve 0080
11-21-2016, 11:18 PM
Good for you with the fly and drive... some great deals out there, just need to keep an open mind !

Bamaburt62
11-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Would you mind sharing a little bit about your "deal" on your B? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger and would love to find a nearby dealer to work with. Sacramento is very close by.

I found a 2013 deluxe with low miles a mustang seat, v&h monsters, longer wind shield, revco pegs, driving lights, luggage rack, smoked blinker lenses, F6b embroidered bags, new tires, lots of upgraded electronics and four keys made for the cubbies. I know there is more but can't think of all the goodies right now. Paid 11500 and it's a deluxe. As for the weather it was perfect the whole way. Did the 2300 miles with no hitches.

JMartin
11-22-2016, 10:08 PM
I found a 2013 deluxe with low miles a mustang seat, v&h monsters, longer wind shield, revco pegs, driving lights, luggage rack, smoked blinker lenses, F6b embroidered bags, new tires, lots of upgraded electronics and four keys made for the cubbies. I know there is more but can't think of all the goodies right now. Paid 11500 and it's a deluxe. As for the weather it was perfect the whole way. Did the 2300 miles with no hitches.

Good for you! And congratulations. $11,500 seems to be a common price point on the 2013's in the private sellers market. I've seen a few listed at around that price, and like yours, a Mustang Seat, some aftermarket Pipes and other options are often already installed. I'm surprised that a dealership is dropping that low to make a deal though. You've done well. :icon_biggrin:

Where I am having a tough time making up my mind, is that I really want the Cruise Control that is only on the 2015 and 2016 F6B's... but even with current discounts on new and crated units going on, one can buy a Full Wing that's only a few years old and has perhaps 10-20 thousand miles on it (which is wing-speak for nothing really). If I consider a Full Wing, those options (and many others that were stripped to make the B) are already there... and they too can be had for pretty good deals right now.