PDA

View Full Version : Farkle Shelf anyone?

Big G
11-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone has seen a small shelf that can mount a radar detector, and GPS to? I have seen the one designed for the Windbender, but it seems a bit large, and I don't like the windscreen at all. Any others out there you might have seen?? Thanks in advance!

F6B1911
11-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Do a search here, there's been a few people who have used the Firecreek Farkle Shelf without using their windshield.
If the Firecreek is too large, use their brackets and fabricate your own smaller shelf.

willtill
11-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Hornblower is running one... search for his posts on it

Hornblower
11-23-2016, 04:28 PM
Hornblower is running one... search for his posts on it

Yeah, I saw this earlier but didn't comment because the OP mentioned not liking the ones that work with Windbender wind screens, or something to that effect. Those, BTW, come from Firecreek Accessories. At any rate, I do have the smaller of the two farkle shelves offered by Firecreek and successfully mounted that to a Madstad wind screen. It's been perfect for what I wanted to do with it. As you mention, previous threads have discussed this and posted pix.

Steve 0080
11-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Take a look at this....

http://wingstuff.com/products/20071-combo-accessory-mount-bar-for-gl1800

Big G
11-25-2016, 12:06 AM
The Firecreek shelf is priced at $136.00 for a piece of sheet steel, with paint. I like the "idea", but the price point is not even close to reasonable. As I mentioned in the original post, I don't want to mount it to a windscreen, ESPECIALLY a Windbender, or MadStad. I'm not a fan of the look of these shields at all. I have a wonderful screen, and I'm not changing that. I am specifically looking for ANY OTHER ideas besides that one. Thanks for the replies...

willtill
11-25-2016, 07:43 AM
The Firecreek shelf is priced at $136.00 for a piece of sheet steel, with paint. I like the "idea", but the price point is not even close to reasonable. As I mentioned in the original post, I don't want to mount it to a windscreen, ESPECIALLY a Windbender, or MadStad. I'm not a fan of the look of these shields at all. I have a wonderful screen, and I'm not changing that. I am specifically looking for ANY OTHER ideas besides that one. Thanks for the replies...

You're going to have to conjure something up by yourself then. I have seen no other examples of a Farkle shelf, other than what has been discussed.

Keep us posted with your progress.