PDA

View Full Version : Safe Driving awards

Python
11-24-2016, 12:23 PM
Air plane working the interstate and thought that I needed a award for my driving over the limit any ideas on challenging this or pay the piper and be glad it wasn't when it was more then they said. Last nice day took off work and lost that's day of pay, I sounds like it would be 2 more days and 80 miles each way if I went to court , haven't talked to legal yet about the points as well and the best way to go. Stuff happens

seadog
11-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Air plane working the interstate and thought that I needed a award for my driving over the limit any ideas on challenging this or pay the piper and be glad it wasn't when it was more then they said. Last nice day took off work and lost that's day of pay, I sounds like it would be 2 more days and 80 miles each way if I went to court , haven't talked to legal yet about the points as well and the best way to go. Stuff happens

A good lawyer knowledgeable in traffic citations should be able to get you out of it. Unfortunately all it takes is money!

ths61
11-24-2016, 01:16 PM
We have a lawyer in the LA area that was a former traffic court judge.

Hiis practice specializes in traffic court cases now and his success rate is in the high 90+% range, but his services aren't cheap.

I used his services once. Paid him the cash, sent him the info and received periodic status update calls/emails from his assistant. About a year and a half later, the assistant calls and says, "case dismissed, thank you for your business".

The old saying is true, life is a big sh*t sandwich, the more bread you have, the less sh*t you taste (just ask Mrs. Bill Clinton).

stroguy
11-24-2016, 01:46 PM

Were you speeding? It may not have been a Piper, maybe a Cessna. You can pay a lawyer, you can pay the ticket off your first offense....deferred adjudication keeps it off your record. As said previously.....it just takes money.

terryboyle
11-24-2016, 04:27 PM
1-the cost of increased insurance for the motorcycle and a car after a ticket/accident,
2-the possibility of picking up a another ticket, or having an at-fault accident before the first ticket rolls off the record and back to "1" again"

There is a lot of upside and limited downside to fighting a ticket.

Python
11-24-2016, 05:52 PM
During the stop the trooper was baiting me to say that the F6B was the sport model of the gold wing ,I told him it was the poor mans model. I was looking for his mic at that point but it wasn't on the tie as I've seen in the past but that was years back. He didn't like when l asked if he could make it a equipment violation he informed me it's not let's make a deal. When asked it wouldn't be till the second court date till the pilot would show and give his side,weather conditions that day was windy north to south and I was heading north. Courts in Mansfield Ohio if anybody knows of a good traffic lawyer in that area.

stroguy
11-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Were you speeding? Don't know what you think he was baiting you for. Maybe just complimenting you on the bike. By you indicating it is a sporty version does not mean you are guilty or reckless in your driving. I see many a Vette with grandpa Jones pudding away. By the way, it is a sporty model of the Wing. Maybe he was just confirming with the compliment. If you are required to show up to court then the officer making the claim to your violation must be present to defend the claim. He can't just pass it off to another agent, because that agent cannot answer questions directed to the claimant. Go to court, take your chance. By the way.....were you speeding?

jm21ddd15
11-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Speeding tickets suck. Airplanes over the interstate system, is just another good reason not to drive on them. Well, hope you get out of the ticket, or can get it reduced even further.

F6Dave
11-26-2016, 08:25 PM
You might want to check out the National Motorists Association website (www.motorists.org). They are an advocacy organization for motorists. Their site has a lot of resources to help fight tickets, including traffic attorney lists and guides to the court process.

Several years ago I used some of the NMA resources to defend my own speeding ticket case. There was a new DA that wouldn't reduce the charges on speeding tickets. I figured I had nothing to lose by taking it to trial -- and I won.

unsub
11-27-2016, 03:37 PM

For real? Pay the ticket...that's your only cost. If anyone says "well it's the principal" well, yeah the same can be said on the giving end..my $0.000002 and slooooooow down.