PDA

View Full Version : Making motorcycling safer

tiltingf6b
12-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Interesting where technology is taking us.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/can-augmented-reality-make-motorcycles-safer-822143555933?cid=eml_mach_20161205

willtill
12-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Interesting where technology is taking us.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/can-augmented-reality-make-motorcycles-safer-822143555933?cid=eml_mach_20161205

The chick is wearing no helmet in the demonstration video. I say the BMW engineers/developers need to go back to the drawing board. And cease attendance at Oktoberfest.

stroguy
12-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Soylent Green is people!

Davidk
12-05-2016, 07:27 PM
The chick is wearing no helmet in the demonstration video. I say the BMW engineers/developers need to go back to the drawing board. And cease attendance at Oktoberfest.

No helmet in a video on making bike safer. Lol

DMAGOLDRDR
12-05-2016, 08:27 PM
No helmet in a video on making bike safer. Lol

I was just reading an article a few days ago re: the future of safety and motorcycling. "Their" hope is to design a motorcycle so safe that a helmet is not needed because it can never crash. As that video showed in the text, the motorcycle will be self balancing and self braking.

In some ways I am glad I probably won't be around, or at least not able to ride anymore, when "they" take all the reasons I ride away in the name of safety!!!

edgeman55
12-06-2016, 02:26 PM
I was just reading an article a few days ago re: the future of safety and motorcycling. "Their" hope is to design a motorcycle so safe that a helmet is not needed because it can never crash. As that video showed in the text, the motorcycle will be self balancing and self braking.

In some ways I am glad I probably won't be around, or at least not able to ride anymore, when "they" take all the reasons I ride away in the name of safety!!!

+1 If your riding a Motorcycle to be safe you might as well get in a cage.:banghead:

stroguy
12-06-2016, 02:42 PM

Right on. I drive a bike, I drive a car. The ways things are going we are going to be nothing but passengers, parasites. What fun is that?

pilotguy299
12-06-2016, 02:52 PM
first, BMW couldn't deliver a bagger that looked close to the concept bit they showed us.

second, the special glasses are just one more piece of technology that can easily break or fail.

third, the younger bitches already love the F6B.

'nuff said!

BIGLRY
12-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Nope, not for me....I don't need some preprogrammed steel steed making every move for me when I have my knees in the breeze. If I wanted to just watch the scenery go by I'd ride the train, but hell will freeze over before I give up command of my mount to a preprogrammed machine that can't fall over. What next...we all going to be flying around in cages with wings?
:wrong:

53driver
12-06-2016, 06:42 PM
Right on. I drive a bike, I drive a car. The ways things are going we are going to be nothing but passengers, parasites. What fun is that?

I don't drive my bike.
I pilot my F6B.
I have a patch that says so...
Cheers!

BIGLRY
12-06-2016, 07:13 PM
I don't drive my bike.
I pilot my F6B.
I have a patch that says so...
Cheers!
+1 Me too

stroguy
12-06-2016, 07:15 PM
That's not fair.

bubbasparks
12-06-2016, 08:56 PM
This is why I ride in the first place, "The Freedom". This is why I drive an older car, no ABS brakes ect. I get out and run the back roads to clear my mind and enjoy the wind on my bald held. Same reason you never see a bike outside a shrinks office.

53driver
12-06-2016, 09:03 PM
That's not fair.

"Life isn't fair, and it's very seldom unfair in your favor."
Me to my daughters

Corollary:
"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something."
The Dread Pirate Roberts to Buttercup

53driver
12-24-2016, 12:48 PM
From the 2006 New South Wales motorcycle safety campaign...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-yzKvkysWg

stroguy
12-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Hey, where did he put that toll pass?

YikesCops
12-25-2016, 11:51 AM
What's key to making the motorcycle safer is rider experience. Think of the mistakes you made when learning, mostly self inflected.

However, when you get experienced, now it's about being defensive. That starts with your brain.

However, I do see the technology moving to augmented reality, where we can see cars about to do something stupid based on their behavior. So, a text superimposed on your wind screen identifying a car that's about to cut you off, or black ice, or my favorite a deer that tries to kill you. I'm in, when it shows up.

MidKnight
01-01-2017, 11:30 AM
The video gave me a headache.

JMartin
01-01-2017, 11:47 AM
^^ That ^^

I'm not sure what I saw... or read.