PDA

View Full Version : Baker hand wings stop

speedjunkie
12-06-2016, 11:41 AM
I just installed the Baker hand wings, but the template for the mirror to add the stop, fits terrible. Just a test fit near where the cutout is doesn't look close to being full open. Does anyone have a measurement from the stop to the seam on the inside of the mirror cup? Or is the stop really even necessary? Thanks!

Mike

JGF6B
12-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Wind will push the wing too far open.
I've repeatedly adjusted the position of my wing stops to maximize breeze on hot days. If they are open too far or not enough, the wind isn't deflected to your face.

willtill
12-06-2016, 12:02 PM
I just installed the Baker hand wings, but the template for the mirror to add the stop, fits terrible. Just a test fit near where the cutout is doesn't look close to being full open. Does anyone have a measurement from the stop to the seam on the inside of the mirror cup? Or is the stop really even necessary? Thanks!

Mike

I had the same issues as you did. I didn't use the stop. As a matter of fact, the stop does not even install well on the bottom edge of the F6B's mirror housing. So I just left it off.

wjduke
12-06-2016, 12:07 PM
It opens to about half way, to direct air into you. It's about the mid way point under the mirror. I don't have a closeup photo. They work perfectly in cold air. I wear gloves, so summertime cooling doesn't do much.

53driver
12-06-2016, 06:11 PM
I too fiddled with my stop placement until I got it where I wanted it.
I summertime, I've found that if I open the stop a bit more the wind goes right down the fairing towards the seat and up under the BeadRider on the seat, and that is a blessing. :icon_biggrin:
Cheers,
Steve

buckeyeken47
12-06-2016, 06:54 PM
I had the same problem so I sent an email to Baker and this was their response... This worked for me.

Hi Ken, I spoke with Mike he’s our installer here. He told me to tell ya to line up the outside edge of Hand wing Stop with inside edge of handwing mount bolt. Adjust so Hand Wing will bring air in on you.

If you have any questions please give him a call at 1800-451-9464

Thank You

Brooke

Steve 0080
12-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Mine came with a template...seems to work OK...

speedjunkie
12-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Thanks guys! The template appears to be for pre 2012 mirrors. Took a ride this afternoon, they work very well! Now if I can find some hot air to funnel into the cockpit area, life would be grand!

Mike

glryder98
12-11-2016, 08:08 AM
FYI The template that comes with the hand wings won't work on the F6B. The mirrors are upside down! If you look at a full Goldwing the longer edge is on the bottom and on the F6B it is on the top. Just install the stop just to the outside edge of the mounting stud.

GNW
12-16-2016, 12:45 PM
I had the same problem so I sent an email to Baker and this was their response... This worked for me.

Hi Ken, I spoke with Mike he’s our installer here. He told me to tell ya to line up the outside edge of Hand wing Stop with inside edge of handwing mount bolt. Adjust so Hand Wing will bring air in on you.

If you have any questions please give him a call at 1800-451-9464

Thank You

Brooke

Just installed the Baker Hand Wings and I didn't have to go through trial and error (instructions for the 6 are not to good) because of this forum. You got to love it !!
Purchased them from WINGSTUFF.COM with excellent service and delivery.

:winnergold1: