PDA

View Full Version : 2015 D

2wheelsforme
12-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Thinking about a F6B for my next bike. Is it true that a 15 Deluxe will get me black mufflers, cruise control, reverse, pass back rest and luggage rack? I know center stand and headed grips are an item also but not as important to me. Mike

RWS0292
12-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Thinking about a F6B for my next bike. Is it true that a 15 Deluxe will get me black mufflers, cruise control, reverse, pass back rest and luggage rack? I know center stand and headed grips are an item also but not as important to me. Mike

Mike, no reverse and no luggage rack. You can install an aftermarket rack, but the reverse is a no-go on this model (or any other F6B).

seadog
12-08-2016, 08:23 AM
The deluxe option not on the standard are Cruise control, self cancelling turn signals, heated grips, and a fine center stand and a passenger backrest, you will have to add a luggage rack if you need one. All these things were not on my last motorcycle and now after having them on my 2015 deluxe I would never buy a motorcycle without them. It would be like going back to the stone-age without them.

2wheelsforme
12-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Are the brakes abs or just linked or neither?

2wheelsforme
12-08-2016, 08:33 AM
I've read about low/soft paint quality, it is better on the later year bikes?

tiltingf6b
12-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Are the brakes abs or just linked or neither?

I have the F6B Deluxe and the brakes are linked - very nice feature I might add! I like it better than ABS.
Paint is ok, not the best, but not the worst. Just use some liquid glass or other fantastic wax and try not to use your bike for a tool table in the garage - it's tempting with that big ol seat.

2wheelsforme
12-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the info.

And I thought if you read it on the internet it had to be true.

quote: Feedback from owners has led to two specification upgrades for 2015. Reverse gear is now also original equipment on the Gold Wing F6B Deluxe. Operated from the right handlebar and driven by the electric starter motor reverse helps back the bike out of an uphill parking space, especially when loaded or with a pillion. The second addition - electronic cruise control - makes long highway days pass even more easily.

From: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2015/2015-Honda-Gold-Wing-F6B-Deluxe.htm

2wheelsforme
12-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Same site also said this:
The twin-spar aluminium frame provides strength and delivers a great handling motorcycle, as do 45mm anti-dive telescopic forks and Pro-Link rear suspension. A Dual Combined ABS braking system ensures rapid and secure stopping power on a variety of road surfaces and conditions.

pilotguy299
12-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the info.

And I thought if you read it on the internet it had to be true.

quote: Feedback from owners has led to two specification upgrades for 2015. Reverse gear is now also original equipment on the Gold Wing F6B Deluxe. Operated from the right handlebar and driven by the electric starter motor reverse helps back the bike out of an uphill parking space, especially when loaded or with a pillion. The second addition - electronic cruise control - makes long highway days pass even more easily.

From: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2015/2015-Honda-Gold-Wing-F6B-Deluxe.htm

No reverse on the USA version. No ABS on the USA version, though they have it in Canada.

bigswole31
12-08-2016, 09:26 AM
The Australian model has reverse, ABS, cruise, etc.

DTOM
12-08-2016, 10:43 AM
The deluxe option not on the standard are Cruise control, self cancelling turn signals, heated grips, and a fine center stand and a passenger backrest, you will have to add a luggage rack if you need one. All these things were not on my last motorcycle and now after having them on my 2015 deluxe I would never buy a motorcycle without them. It would be like going back to the stone-age without them.

I do believe cruise control comes standard on all 2015 and newer models...the Deluxe does add the other 4 options that you listed though.

wjduke
12-08-2016, 01:33 PM
I do believe cruise control comes standard on all 2015 and newer models...the Deluxe does add the other 4 options that you listed though.

:yes:

JMartin
12-08-2016, 01:49 PM
Everything I wanted to reply to has already been answered... except your question about "Black" pipes.
From what I can tell, the color of the pipes is dependent on the color of the bike you want, based on the way Honda decides.
I cannot find anywhere that the color is optional or can be specifically defined by the buyer.
Perhaps you can get what you want from someone who has upgraded or swapped to aftermarket exhaust.

Just my $.02.

Jim

opas ride
12-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Everything I wanted to reply to has already been answered... except your question about "Black" pipes.
From what I can tell, the color of the pipes is dependent on the color of the bike you want, based on the way Honda decides.
I cannot find anywhere that the color is optional or can be specifically defined by the buyer.
Perhaps you can get what you want from someone who has upgraded or swapped to aftermarket exhaust.

Just my $.02.

Jim
No chrome pipes available from factory after the 2014 model year to my knowledge...2015,16,17 all have the louder black powder coated pipes...Some like them, others not....Many options are available from after-market companies......Ride safe

Airborne06
12-08-2016, 02:29 PM
No chrome pipes available from factory after the 2014 model year to my knowledge...2015,16,17 all have the louder black powder coated pipes...Some like them, others not....Many options are available from after-market companies......Ride safe

True. Black, somewhat louder pipes for 2015 and later bikes. I would gladly give anyone my "quiet" chrome 2013 OEM pipes for the loud, black, 2015 or later pipes.

JMartin
12-08-2016, 02:36 PM

Ok, that makes sense... I was basing my knowledge on the pictures I've seen.
I prefer black, but I also prefer silence.
The bike I'm purchasing has aftermarket, so if I don't like them, I'll be looking for black... but hoping for quiet.
Was there really that much difference in tone between the older and the new?

Big TP
12-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Hey 2wheelsforme,
:039:
Sent a PM...

2wheelsforme
12-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Hey 2wheelsforme,
:039:
Sent a PM...

Got it and thanks to a fellow Floridian. Wish I was close enough to one to sit on a bike. No one around here even has one on the showroom floor new or used. I'm over 6'2" and close to 300 pounds and worry about room. I ride a 05 Yamaha Venture now and it is barely big enough. I also have a VTX-1800 that has the forks raked and extended and the bars are taller so it is big and fits me perfect. The yammie has 117k miles and I'm starting to worry about out of town dependability, the stator is being replaced as we speak. Started going out while I was over a thousand miles from home, but I made it back. The X is no windshield and for around town only, a 03 retro with 50K on the odo. The F6B is the only bike I like the looks of enough to spend the extra money for instead of a lower mileage Venture.

53driver
12-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Got it and thanks to a fellow Floridian. Wish I was close enough to one to sit on a bike. No one around here even has one on the showroom floor new or used. I'm over 6'2" and close to 300 pounds and worry about room. I ride a 05 Yamaha Venture now and it is barely big enough. I also have a VTX-1800 that has the forks raked and extended and the bars are taller so it is big and fits me perfect. The yammie has 117k miles and I'm starting to worry about out of town dependability, the stator is being replaced as we speak. Started going out while I was over a thousand miles from home, but I made it back. The X is no windshield and for around town only, a 03 retro with 50K on the odo. The F6B is the only bike I like the looks of enough to spend the extra money for instead of a lower mileage Venture.

You in Gulf Breeze? I'm in Milton.
Always happy to show off my girl.

When do you want to meet up?
Cheers,
Steve

2wheelsforme
12-08-2016, 06:12 PM
You in Gulf Breeze? I'm in Milton.
Always happy to show off my girl.

When do you want to meet up?
Cheers,
Steve

Kool! Now I got a neighbor that is a member with a F6B. Will give you a shout this weekend. I think I now understand that black was not offered after 14 and cruise was not added until 15. So I can not have black and cruise control, right? Decisions. First is I got to make sure I will fit.

Bigcityd
12-08-2016, 06:27 PM
Canada and Australia have the linked ABS. No Reverse in Canada. I believe they do in Australia.

Big TP
12-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Have faith big guy. You will fit nicely. The B sits a little further back than the Big Wing. :icon_biggrin:

edgeman55
12-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Got it and thanks to a fellow Floridian. Wish I was close enough to one to sit on a bike. No one around here even has one on the showroom floor new or used. I'm over 6'2" and close to 300 pounds and worry about room.

I really don't think room for you will be a problem.I am 6'5" and down to 350lbs from 415 when I first bought my 13 F6B.For me the seat to handlebars is almost perfect.For leg room I installed the Kury mini boards which put my legs out a little further and down.Ergo 3's on the crash bars let me extend out when needed.Big Larry on here is also fine on his with a after market seat and bars for fit.Once you ride one you will want it-I came off a Yamaha Roadstar which fit me pretty good position wise but ride wise is not even close to my F6B.