PDA

View Full Version : Do heated socks work?

Bamaburt62
12-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Riding around today at 36 degrees and my feet are the only thing cold. Anyone use heated socks?

Jimmytee
12-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Yes they work. I have heated glove liners that plug into my heated jacket liner. I have heated socks that plug into my heated pants liner. Then the upper body and lower body heated gear plugs into a dual controller that allows me to independantly adjust the heat for upper and lower body.

Bamaburt62
12-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Ordering some now!

willtill
12-08-2016, 06:18 PM
I love my Gerbing heated jacket liner. First time I wore it this year (tonight) and was like wearing a warm blanket around me... straight from the dryer.

Never have used heated socks, but I think I'm going to ask Ms Claus for heated pants liners this Christmas.

Jimmytee
12-08-2016, 06:28 PM
I love my Gerbing heated jacket liner. First time I wore it this year (tonight) and was like wearing a warm blanket around me... straight from the dryer.

Never have used heated socks, but I think I'm going to ask Ms Claus for heated pants liners this Christmas.

It was 2 years ago for Christmas that my wife bought me the whole set up. She surprised me for Christmas. Had never even asked for it. Best present I have ever got. Awesome.

ff73148
12-08-2016, 08:26 PM
I like heated insole better.

Steve 0080
12-08-2016, 08:49 PM
I like the soles as well.. +1

ths61
12-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Lower engine guard air deflectors help as well (cold and wet).

http://wingstuff.com/system/uploads/main_image/000/003/112/original.png

http://wingstuff.com/products/2003-lower-cowl-wind-deflectors?from_search=1

Miks
12-08-2016, 09:43 PM
It is amazing how much heating your feet can make you feel that much warmer. I wear heated pants with the heated socks, and if I have the socks on, I usually have to turn the pants on low. They make a huge difference. I also have the deflectors that snap on the engine guards, and they seem to help a little, but if I am out riding at any temperature 50 and below, heated socks make all the difference!

wantone
12-09-2016, 01:02 AM
I love my Gerbing heated gear. Its the best investment I've made. Love my heated socks.

speedjunkie
12-09-2016, 08:34 AM
I put those same lower deflectors on earlier this week. They make a huge difference in how fast my feet get cold! I was riding in at upper 20's and feet were cold in a few minutes before the lowers. Yesterday it was 17, today it's 14. Never really noticed my feet cold until after I had walked to the office, near 1/4 mile. But, the socks work very well, I just don't use them much anymore.

Mike

DMAGOLDRDR
12-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Keep in mind with heated socks, when you first put them on the wires in side the socks may feel terrible and you may not like it BUT once the socks heat up the wires soften and that feeling will disappear.
Unless you have a lot of walking to do when you get where your going, then you may want to get the heated insoles

willtill
12-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Keep in mind with heated socks, when you first put them on the wires in side the socks may feel terrible and you may not like it BUT once the socks heat up the wires soften and that feeling will disappear.
Unless you have a lot of walking to do when you get where your going, then you may want to get the heated insoles

Do the heated insoles make your footwear seem "tighter" or do they not take up a lot of space under the feet?

I noticed also, that Gerbing now has a wireless dual heat controller as well. I think I'm going to ask Ms Claus for that. Less wires to contend with and will make it easier to get to the controls. :yes:

http://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbing-gyde-dual-wireless-temperature-controller.html

willtill
12-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Oh, I just watched a review... you take out the original boot insoles and replace them with the Gerbing heated insoles :yes:

DMAGOLDRDR
12-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Lower engine guard air deflectors help as well (cold and wet).
http://wingstuff.com/system/uploads/main_image/000/003/112/original.png
http://wingstuff.com/products/2003-lower-cowl-wind-deflectors?from_search=1

These lowers are nice and do make a difference, BUT if you scrape your pegs often they will hit and may break as my left side did.

Jimmytee
12-09-2016, 05:53 PM

I never even noticed the wires in my socks. ALways wear them over my regular socks. My gear is First Gear not Gerbing though.

willtill
12-09-2016, 06:11 PM
I never even noticed the wires in my socks. ALways wear them over my regular socks. My gear is First Gear not Gerbing though.

Aren't you supposed to wear them, with your regular sock over the electric sock liner?

Jimmytee
12-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Aren't you supposed to wear them, with your regular sock over the electric sock liner?

I never have. No instructions either way. I figure I'd would rather have the regular sock as a barrier between my feet and the sock. If nothing else, but to allow the normal socks be the ones I launder regularly. :icon_lol: They work very well, I can tell you that.

DMAGOLDRDR
12-10-2016, 10:15 AM
I wear a very thin sock under the heated socks and that's it. And I run a separate wire for the socks because even if I wear the Heated pants, I don't usually need as much heat in the socks as I do the pants..

willtill
12-10-2016, 10:21 AM
I wear a very thin sock under the heated socks and that's it. And I run a separate wire for the socks because even if I wear the Heated pants, I don't usually need as much heat in the socks as I do the pants..

Hmmm. I think I have a couple of pairs of light sock liners; in my deer hunting gear packaway. I'll have to go look.

Jimmytee
12-10-2016, 11:03 AM

It is usually colder , like below the mid 40s, before I feels the need for the heated socks.

willtill
12-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Do the heated insoles make your footwear seem "tighter" or do they not take up a lot of space under the feet?

I noticed also, that Gerbing now has a wireless dual heat controller as well. I think I'm going to ask Ms Claus for that. Less wires to contend with and will make it easier to get to the controls. :yes:

http://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbing-gyde-dual-wireless-temperature-controller.html

Just an FYI for anybody that may be interested in the longevity of the Gerbing wireless dual controller;

I had received the above for Christmas. It has been marketed that the wireless controller only has a 10 year battery life.

Not true :nono:

The wireless controller has a CR2032 battery installed inside of it; and is accessible by removing the sticker on the side of it; revealing phillips head screws that allow you to open the unit; to replace that battery if needed. :icon_cool: