PDA

View Full Version : Hydrodipping group deal

Craig_328
12-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Happy Holidays everyone!

I have recently began hydrodipping on the side and plan to hydrodip a majority of my bike over the winter in a matte finish wood grain.

That being said - if anyone is interested....(group disounts will be offered...saves me time on prep...message me)

I currently have carbon fiber, woodgrain, brushed aluminum, skulls, fire, momey, camo pattern, solid colors, and offer matte, satin, or gloss finish)

Side covers ($200)
Dash bezel ($250)
Fairings ($350)
Passenger handles ($100)
Luggage rack ($75)
Passenger back rest ($75)

Group deal pricing = take $25 off each item. Note: finish must be the same (ie woodgrain/matte)
Any other reqiests message me.

As soon as my bike is completed I will post photos.

Photo below is an example of woodgrain. I will post mine once completed

naga viper
12-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Cool look forward to pix
Still accessorizing so I will have to wait but on the list to do.

Phantom
12-12-2016, 01:12 PM
:bump:

stepbill
12-12-2016, 08:25 PM
Will be following this thread!

Craig_328
12-13-2016, 12:49 AM
Will be following this thread!

Let me know what you're interested in. I have a car interior and a pistol for next week. Ill be doing parts of my bike also. Trying to decide if i should take the speaker girlls out or leave them in 樂

Can i get a vote?

SimonTemplar
12-13-2016, 02:36 AM
Once done.....how durable is the finish?

The reason I am asking is that I have a set of passenger floorboards I might be interested in doing something with. But, if the finish is likely to wear through nearly immediately...then why bother?

....sT

Craig_328
12-13-2016, 09:15 AM

The reason I am asking is that I have a set of passenger floorboards I might be interested in doing something with. But, if the finish is likely to wear through nearly immediately...then why bother?

....sT

There are other videos. Its pretty resilient to abuse.

https://youtu.be/db6zVlEqUCU

willtill
12-13-2016, 09:27 AM
There are other videos. Its pretty resilient to abuse.

https://youtu.be/db6zVlEqUCU

That's amazing. Better than paint. :shock:

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-13-2016, 02:46 PM

....sT

I have a modest fortune wrapped up in my Reaper skull pieces. See my pics if you want.
That said; to your durability question, mine had 3 coats of clear shot on them by the guy doing mine. They are very durable, I think unscratchable, within reason.
They look as good as when I had them done, about 3 years ago, now.
I also do some of my own hydrodipping, but there is a huge difference between my experiments and the work of a pro(comparing my work only).

Craig_328
12-14-2016, 09:41 AM
I have a modest fortune wrapped up in my Reaper skull pieces. See my pics if you want.
That said; to your durability question, mine had 3 coats of clear shot on them by the guy doing mine. They are very durable, I think unscratchable, within reason.
They look as good as when I had them done, about 3 years ago, now.
I also do some of my own hydrodipping, but there is a huge difference between my experiments and the work of a pro(comparing my work only).

I have on the smaller size dip tank 4ft by 2ft width and 2ft depth. I'm aiming to stick to items this size to have a quick turn around. Most of my time has been spent in preparation. Dipping has seemed to be the easiest part. What have you noticed between your work and a professional?

pilotguy299
12-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Happy Holidays everyone!

I have recently began hydrodipping on the side and plan to hydrodip a majority of my bike over the winter in a matte finish wood grain.

That being said - if anyone is interested....(group disounts will be offered...saves me time on prep...message me)

I currently have carbon fiber, woodgrain, brushed aluminum, skulls, fire, momey, camo pattern, solid colors, and offer matte, satin, or gloss finish)

Side covers ($200)
Dash bezel ($250)
Fairings ($350)
Passenger handles ($100)
Luggage rack ($75)
Passenger back rest ($75)

Group deal pricing = take $25 off each item. Note: finish must be the same (ie woodgrain/matte)
Any other reqiests message me.

As soon as my bike is completed I will post photos.

Photo below is an example of woodgrain. I will post mine once completed

It seems like a lot of people are thinking about changing the color of their bike at some point. What would it cost to do a full bike minus the black contrast parts?

Dave Ritsema
12-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Just curious if your pricing reflects spraying them with clear post dip?

Craig_328
12-14-2016, 03:08 PM
It seems like a lot of people are thinking about changing the color of their bike at some point. What would it cost to do a full bike minus the black contrast parts?

I had to edit this reply as I began looking up solid films - dipping in solid colors does not actually exist.

What people have done is prep, base color black, then clear hydrographic film, and then 3 coats of clear. Honestly this defeats the purpose of dipping any item vs painting it.

I have no problem doing this at all - just want to make sure that everyone knows what they are getting.
-

Just curious if your pricing reflects spraying them with clear post dip?
Prices include clear coat

Dave Ritsema
12-15-2016, 11:33 AM
I had to edit this reply as I began looking up solid films - dipping in solid colors does not actually exist.

What people have done is prep, base color black, then clear hydrographic film, and then 3 coats of clear. Honestly this defeats the purpose of dipping any item vs painting it.

I have no problem doing this at all - just want to make sure that everyone knows what they are getting.
-

Prices include clear coat

Thanks! I have already done my side covers but thinking the rear panel between the saddlebags would look good in carbon fiber.

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-15-2016, 06:31 PM
I have on the smaller size dip tank 4ft by 2ft width and 2ft depth. I'm aiming to stick to items this size to have a quick turn around. Most of my time has been spent in preparation. Dipping has seemed to be the easiest part. What have you noticed between your work and a professional?

With highly detailed graphics like the skulls, the hard part is replicating the base color coat under the pattern.

The mistake I made is doing a piece or two at a time, rather than all at one time, which takes out the prep and finish variables.

Also, some parts with odd shapes, are hard to dip and not run or blur the pattern.

I'd suggest doing as many pieces as you want and can afford once, unlike I did, trying to decide how much was too much.

All at once saves one dip finish not matching another.
Base paint, adhesive and clear coat should go on at around 60 degrees, plus.
Good luck
J

Craig_328
12-15-2016, 11:14 PM
With highly detailed graphics like the skulls, the hard part is replicating the base color coat under the pattern.

The mistake I made is doing a piece or two at a time, rather than all at one time, which takes out the prep and finish variables.

Also, some parts with odd shapes, are hard to dip and not run or blur the pattern.

I'd suggest doing as many pieces as you want and can afford once, unlike I did, trying to decide how much was too much.

All at once saves one dip finish not matching another.
Base paint, adhesive and clear coat should go on at around 60 degrees, plus.
Good luck
J

Anything ive dipped i divide it into days. I have a paint booth and use and use HVLP guns so the prep takes a lot of time to mix, spray, and clean.

Usually this is my dip rhythm:
Monday clean / prep / primer
Tuesday base coats
Wednesday dip / wash / dry
Thursday 3 coats of clear (4am/noon/8pm)
Friday pack and ship if all is good.

Issues i had when i started was getting the activator spray rate correct.

All is good now...

Craig_328
12-19-2016, 02:37 PM
I know many of you are looking for some ideas - here is a bunch of ideas for designs I can add to your bike. Again - if you're looking to repaint your bike hydro dipping is not an option. If you want to add something to your bike I can do that - this website can also make custom images - so if you want to add something to a saddle bag I can easily do that.

http://www.fractalcamo.com/