PDA

View Full Version : Satelite Radio for F6B

Hdude05
12-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Just bought a 2016 F6B Deluxe, and I want to add satellite radio. I found a kit on the XM site, but they said you need to check with the radio manufacture to make sure it is compatible. Any ideas or suggestions?

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Just bought a 2016 F6B Deluxe, and I want to add satellite radio. I found a kit on the XM site, but they said you need to check with the radio manufacture to make sure it is compatible. Any ideas or suggestions?

Search satellite radio on this forum to find much about the ease of adding one. I have one in the left cubby. The 3.5 mm male plugs into your receiver to make play on oem sterei. Add power and antenna wire through the cubby and your set. See pics of this by clicking my link below.
Jim

BobR
12-15-2016, 08:23 PM
I use a portable XM Xpress unit attached to a Ram mount. I feed it through the 1/8 inch plug in the cubby and set the stereo on auxiliary. The nice thing about this XM head unit is that I move it from one vehicle to the other among my 6 vehicles. I only pay for one subscription this way. I purchase extra base units for each vehicle. When I get off the bike I just slip the unit in my pocket or lock it in the center storage. 45934594

tiltingf6b
12-16-2016, 08:51 AM
I use a portable XM Xpress unit attached to a Ram mount. I feed it through the 1/8 inch plug in the cubby and set the stereo on auxiliary. The nice thing about this XM head unit is that I move it from one vehicle to the other among my 6 vehicles. I only pay for one subscription this way. I purchase extra base units for each vehicle. When I get off the bike I just slip the unit in my pocket or lock it in the center storage. 2493224933
wondering how inclement weather or rain will affect that xm unit?

Hdude05
12-16-2016, 11:40 AM
Thank you guys for the info, just bought the bike in Oct. and have the time of my life, just want my tunes.

edgeman55
12-16-2016, 03:14 PM
I have the Stratus 7 in the left cubby with the anttena puck on the dash in the middle under the windshield-works great and I can pull the head unit off the bike and I have a base unit in my shop for tunes there when not riding.

Hornblower
12-16-2016, 06:27 PM

If you're really looking for ideas or suggestions...may I offer one that is not satellite radio? I've been down that road and hated dealing with those folks at Sirius/XM and decided I would not deal with them ever again. As an alternative, I went the internet radio route. Especially, if you already have a smart phone, you can use any number of internet radio sites (I currently use Radio Tunes) so anywhere you have a cell signal, you can receive your tunes. Audio quality is excellent and the music selection is as well. Roughly, you can listen for 30 hours per Gb of data. So, save your money and consider this alternative.

willtill
12-16-2016, 06:37 PM
If you're really looking for ideas or suggestions...may I offer one that is not satellite radio? I've been down that road and hated dealing with those folks at Sirius/XM and decided I would not deal with them ever again. As an alternative, I went the internet radio route. Especially, if you already have a smart phone, you can use any number of internet radio sites (I currently use Radio Tunes) so anywhere you have a cell signal, you can receive your tunes. Audio quality is excellent and the music selection is as well. Roughly, you can listen for 30 hours per Gb of data. So, save your money and consider this alternative.

Internet Radio (Radio Tunes) appears to be an option. But it has commercials as well? Just like XM's/Sirus's irritating disk jockeys that are becoming all too prevalent on their stations.

I remember when Satellite radio first came out.. it was WONDERFUL. No commercials, no disk jockeys, etc.... seems that Satellite radio and Interet radio is going the way of cable TV.

Seems you can upgrade Radio Tunes (see below) and pay, for no commercials... though I gol' darn guarantee you that it's a matter of time before you start hearing the fucking disc jockeys interrupt the smooth stream of music.

https://www.radiotunes.com/member/premium/purchase?utm_campaign=WM&utm_medium=Tiles&utm_source=RTallFilters

Hornblower
12-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Internet Radio (Radio Tunes) appears to be an option. But it has commercials as well? Just like XM's/Sirus's irritating disk jockeys that are becoming all too prevalent on their stations.

Seems you can upgrade Radio Tunes (see below) and pay, for no commercials... though I gol' darn guarantee you that it's a matter of time before you start hearing the fucking disc jockeys interrupt the smooth stream of music.

https://www.radiotunes.com/member/premium/purchase?utm_campaign=WM&utm_medium=Tiles&utm_source=RTallFilters

Radio Tunes worked so well and I liked it so much that I did upgrade to premium. Supposedly, the audio quality is the best on premium but I'm not positive about that. I do know the audio quality is very good and, with premium, I'm not bothered with commercials.

tiltingf6b
12-18-2016, 07:47 AM
I uploaded the XM/Sirius App onto my smart phone and just plugged it in like an ipod. Works fine and it goes in the house with me or where ever I want to listen to it. Not sure about data usage?

Hdude05
12-28-2016, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone, you all had great ideas that I did not think of. I think I will go with the internet apps. See you on the roads, be safe.

Jimmytee
12-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Well, I like the Sirius/XM radio. Mine is plugged directly into my aftermarket head unit and controlled through that though. I also use the different internet sources like I Heart Radio and Pandora. I also use Netflix... When I'm parked and just for laughs. My Note4 is connected to my audio system through Bluetooth.

BobR
12-28-2016, 07:49 PM
wondering how inclement weather or rain will affect that xm unit?

I bought a "raincoat" for the XM radio. It is custom fitted to the unit. It slips right over it and cinches up with an elastic cord to make the unit waterproof. It has a clear panel on the front so you can see through it and push whatever buttons you need. I think I bought it from the XM store online.