PDA

View Full Version : new bike to me

2wheelsforme
12-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Just joined recently and was doing a little research to see if I cold make the F6B sit big enough for my big self and decide what year I longed for. On first though I wanted shiny black like all my other bikes but I wanted cruise control also. Found out that combo was not offered in the same years. The matt grey was my second choice and a member here messaged me and expressed a desire to possibly part with his love soon. I moved a little quicker than I had planned but this bike is in perfect condition and fit my needs. He can identify if he so wishes and has my thanks. I now have a matt grey 15 D with 10K on the odo and some pretty nice accessories already installed. I have come to really love the color. I still plan to replace the stock seat and maybe lower the foot position as well as raise the bars, already has a aftermarket windshield . I visited the Ultimate seat factory yesterday and took a look see at what they have to offer in the King. It was a nice looking seat but didn't feel to have all that much additional room and it was fairly pricey. Will try out this stock seat for a while and expect it to not be good for the long haul and will look again at DL or possible rework of this one. Ultimate is not out of the question as I have one on a VTX and love it. The garage is a little crowded now with a VTX-1800, a Yamaha Venture and now this beauty. In the 70s today with rain tomorrow so plan to ride a little today if I can get it covered with some insurance, a little even if I don't. Mike

JackB
12-17-2016, 10:05 AM
Congrats on your F6B, if you end up like me you will sell your other bikes because you won't be riding them anymore.

CopperMike
12-17-2016, 02:46 PM
Congrats and enjoy!

TripleDuck
12-17-2016, 04:52 PM
Yes congratulations. I'm envious as Gulf Breeze is my 2nd favorite place to be. Enjoy!

pitcherd
12-17-2016, 05:43 PM
Congrats on the new F6B. !! :yes:

seadog
12-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Gulf Breeze has always been one of the hot spots for sighting UFO's. Don't let them ride the F6B as they will take it home with them.

Steve 0080
12-17-2016, 07:13 PM
'welcome gang' to the board !!! WE have a RTE Jan 8th...try to make it !!!

Very nice area...up by the BOSS and 53 Driver !!!!

Big TP
12-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Well I am the sad soul who parted with my beloved F6B to Mike's benefit.. If I was to say I was sad it would be an understatement.
I have been riding Harleys for 24 years and bought the new B last year and loved every mile. So you may be wondering, then why sell? By far I have enjoyed and appreciated this bike more than any HD I have ever owned. How do i know? When Mike drove away with my bike on his trailer on his way back to Gulf Breeze, I cried like a boy. In other words I would it rather be stolen than me making the difficult decision to sell it.That way it would be out of my control and not an emotional decision.
Well after all these years of riding I have been extremely fortunate to see great things, make great friends and have wonderful rides all without a single accident, drop or safety issue of any kind. Now at this point of my life I got real strange feeling that I have tempted fate for too long and maybe my number was coming up. I would not say I lost my nerve but with so many mindless drivers on their cell phones texting and just rude, piss poor drivers around , I felt more tense riding than ever before. I would get off the bike in my garage after a ride and feel so tense. Not the way you should feel after a ride. That loving feeling was gone, gone, gone , ohhoohhh.
Gettting teary eyed now.
Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut instincts.

Big TP

seadog
12-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Well I am the sad soul who parted with my beloved F6B to Mike's benefit.. If I was to say I was sad it would be an understatement.
I have been riding Harleys for 24 years and bought the new B last year and loved every mile. So you may be wondering, then why sell? By far I have enjoyed and appreciated this bike more than any HD I have ever owned. How do i know? When Mike drove away with my bike on his trailer on his way back to Gulf Breeze, I cried like a boy. In other words I would it rather be stolen than me making the difficult decision to sell it.That way it would be out of my control and not an emotional decision.
Well after all these years of riding I have been extremely fortunate to see great things, make great friends and have wonderful rides all without a single accident, drop or safety issue of any kind. Now at this point of my life I got real strange feeling that I have tempted fate for too long and maybe my number was coming up. I would not say I lost my nerve but with so many mindless drivers on their cell phones texting and just rude, piss poor drivers around , I felt more tense riding than ever before. I would get off the bike in my garage after a ride and feel so tense. Not the way you should feel after a ride. That loving feeling was gone, gone, gone , ohhoohhh.
Gettting teary eyed now.
Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut instincts.

Big TP

If it comes to pass that I get killed riding this motorcycle then just be aware that I died doing something I liked and have no regrets whatsoever as too the outcome of riding. It's just an attitude thing that I will ride until I can't ride anymore. You can think your dodging fate but then you can step off a curb in town and get run over by a Buick. I for one would rather be on the motorcycle if my time comes to an end. JMHO

edgeman55
12-18-2016, 08:18 PM
Big TP I for one know what you were and are feeling.I still want to ride but some days the cagers seem to be out to get me.If you don't feel good doing it I think you made the right decision for you and there is no wrong in that.Every September here in the Reno,NV area we have Street Vibrations and thousands of bikers are here for the week-Let me tell you many of them should not be riding as they have lost motor skills and are a danger to others and themselves.I only hope when the day comes that I should give it up my brain over rides my heart.

53driver
12-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Congrats Mike!

Yes, you did move a little faster than you told me you were going to, but the present is NOW!
Glad I could show you Isleen and help your process.
Now, let's go for a ride!
Cheers,
Steve

2wheelsforme
12-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Will do Steve. So far the Visa abuse has consisted of a service manual, an additional mount for my Zumo 590 with more Ram pieces so it can be easily transferred from bike to bike and a battery/charging condition light from Gammatronix that I have found to be quite helpful in avoiding unexpected dead batteries. I'm sure there will be more.

53driver
12-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Will do Steve. So far the Visa abuse has consisted of a service manual, an additional mount for my Zumo 590 with more Ram pieces so it can be easily transferred from bike to bike and a battery/charging condition light from Gammatronix that I have found to be quite helpful in avoiding unexpected dead batteries. I'm sure there will be more.

In addition to your sitting and exhaust needs:
Belly pan
Voltmeter
LED lighting
Heli-bars
and a "metric-crap tonne" of other stuff!

2wheelsforme
12-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Belly pan
Voltmeter
LED lighting
Heli-bars

The belly pan is a maybe but not a top concern, Volt meter is covered with the light I got ordered, prefer it over a meter, previous Owner, Big TP added bunches of LED lighting both front and back. The Heli-bars are needed as well as another seat but that is some bucks. I looked at the risers and they are "no go" for me as both, that I looked at, move the grips inward. I will stay with the stock pipes as I'm enjoying the lack of sound, again very expensive to do the whole thing including the loops and both my other bikes are pretty loud, esp the VTX plus the wife hates the noise. The next thing is low cost, a garage door opener mod, got the unit just got to add the wiring and a small switch somewhere. A plug in for my heated gear is needed and a cup holder might be in my future also.

53driver
12-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Belly pan
Voltmeter
LED lighting
Heli-bars

The belly pan is a maybe but not a top concern, Volt meter is covered with the light I got ordered, prefer it over a meter, previous Owner, Big TP added bunches of LED lighting both front and back. The Heli-bars are needed as well as another seat but that is some bucks. I looked at the risers and they are "no go" for me as both, that I looked at, move the grips inward. I will stay with the stock pipes as I'm enjoying the lack of sound, again very expensive to do the whole thing including the loops and both my other bikes are pretty loud, esp the VTX plus the wife hates the noise. The next thing is low cost, a garage door opener mod, got the unit just got to add the wiring and a small switch somewhere. A plug in for my heated gear is needed and a cup holder might be in my future also.

Belly pan - protect that naked coolant reservoir. That's all I'm saying.....
Risers - one gent had good luck by inverting the MBL risers and it kicked out the grips. Search function should find the thread...
Garage door openers - Guys have done some garage door mods with buttons in various places. Again the Search bar is your friend for ideas on what you might like and what you might not.

Do the seat BEFORE you do the handlebars, windscreen, and the footpegs - no sense chasing ghosts.....

Have fun!