PDA

View Full Version : Question for former, or current, Valkyrie Owners

lgjhn
12-17-2016, 10:55 PM
From many of the posts here and conversations I've had with members, I know a lot of our F6B members were, or still are, Valkyrie owners.
I've got a friend with a mint red/white '97 Tour model with about 8K miles that he would like to unload.
He's not real Internet savvy so I promised him I would ask around as to where the best site to place an ad.
So my question is: What internet forum would be the best choice for him to run a classified ad for it?
Would the classifieds on this site be acceptable for an ad for it?
Thanks,
LJ

Jhox
12-17-2016, 11:11 PM
http://www.valkyrieriders.com/

JackB
12-18-2016, 08:44 AM
I sold both my Valkyrie's on Craigslist.
I would post to different city's within 150 miles.
I didn't have any luck with the VRCC but it's still a good place to post.

Az Wingrider
12-18-2016, 10:12 AM
I also sold a Valkyrie on Craigslist. The biggest problem with Craigslist is the responses you get from scammers and tire kickers. Being the paranoid individual that I am I do not let people come to my house I arrange to meet them in a public place. I also have had good luck letting a motorcycle dealership sell for me on consignment.

Good luck

opas ride
12-18-2016, 11:32 AM
From many of the posts here and conversations I've had with members, I know a lot of our F6B members were, or still are, Valkyrie owners.
I've got a friend with a mint red/white '97 Tour model with about 8K miles that he would like to unload.
He's not real Internet savvy so I promised him I would ask around as to where the best site to place an ad.
So my question is: What internet forum would be the best choice for him to run a classified ad for it?
Would the classifieds on this site be acceptable for an ad for it?
Thanks,
LJ
Give Matt a call at Central Motorsports in Mt.Pleasant Mi...Info on their web-site...He buys used Valkyrie's and converts them into trikes...He will give you a fair price and is a great guy to deal with.....Regards

Cleaver1
12-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Matt Murphy passed away in September. Troy is handling things, and Marty and Sheila (Matt's Dad and Mom) are still active in the business.

lgjhn
12-18-2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks, Guys.
We'll give a shot and see how it goes.

opas ride
12-18-2016, 07:55 PM
Matt Murphy passed away in September. Troy is handling things, and Marty and Sheila (Matt's Dad and Mom) are still active in the business.
Devasting news as I know the family and the staff very well in Central Motorsports...I was not aware of Matt's passing...Please post what happened if you could...Thanks and regards....

Ayres
12-18-2016, 10:57 PM
I have sold several bikes on ebay. No hassle easy transaction. I have also bought and sold several cars. Fees are quite low and they have always been gone within 7 days.

opas ride
12-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Devasting news as I know the family and the staff very well in Central Motorsports...I was not aware of Matt's passing...Please post what happened if you could...Thanks and regards....

Got word that Matt died of a massive blot clot in his lung...Only 38 years old....What a terrible shame as he was just beginning to raise a family.....The Lord works in strange ways at times......Thanks...

Old Ryder
12-19-2016, 01:04 PM
Cycletrader has ALWAYS WORKED BEST for me. Only serious buyers look there and they have a free offer for 2 weeks and a few pictures.

valkmc
12-19-2016, 05:59 PM
Cycletrader has ALWAYS WORKED BEST for me. Only serious buyers look there and they have a free offer for 2 weeks and a few pictures.

+1 on cycle trader, it has worked for me several times!