PDA

View Full Version : Madstad windscreen owners

dkooris
12-20-2016, 02:42 PM
I know this sounds dumb, but here goes anyways. I put the Madstad on my 2016, and I love it. However, I have yet to use my motorcycle EZ Pass with this bike. Has anyone found that if you put it on the lower piece, and behind the top piece, it stops the pass from being scanned?

Thanks for your patience,
Geoff

53driver
12-20-2016, 03:10 PM
I always put my EZ pass (and now Sun Pass) in my jacket breast pocket.
Didn't want it ambulating away of its own accord when I parked the bike and failed to secure it....

Some people have reported that they leave it in their left or center cubby and it works well and remains out of sight.

I don't think there will be a problem in the way you are planning on mounting it.
Cheers,
Steve

ReserveBum
12-20-2016, 07:20 PM
I have an ez pass plastic holder attached with double sided tape to the underside of the base shield of my Madstad. Works well as its tucked away and not prominent but still gets easily read by the sensors.

dkooris
12-20-2016, 10:07 PM
Thanks, you guys!

Best wishes for the Holidays,
Geoff

DMAGOLDRDR
12-21-2016, 07:13 AM
I also had my EZ-pass mounted to the inside of my Madstad and it worked fine through the Blacked out base and a dark tint shield. 25,000 miles of tolls and not once did it not read.
But I now have a storage pocket mounted to the inside of the Madstad base so I put my EZ-pass on a RAM mount on the handle bar.