PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Covers

av8rdave
05-12-2013, 02:23 PM
OK, so I got a gift card for my birthday intended for a bike cover for the F6B. Before the server crash, there was a thread about covers, and I remember seeing one in particular that I liked, but I can't recall the brand name. I believe it was a stretch to fit design.

The bike is normally garaged, but I like to keep it covered to keep the dust off (I'm in the middle of a lot of agriculture, and dust is frequent). I'd like it to be something I can throw in the saddlebag for long trips as well for a little overnight weather protection.

Does anybody here have a favorite brand/type cover?

Thanks!

MichaelG
05-12-2013, 04:24 PM
The cover that Philip Blair told you about, and the one that I use (have two of them) is the Geza cover. They are not cheap, but they are well worth the money. PBlair had one custom made to fit his F6B. I have an older one (yellow label) and a newer one (white label) and I use both of them when stopping for the night. The newer one goes on first, and then the older one covers that.

They pack up easily, and are very good at keeping most things out. They are not 100% waterproof, but few of them are.

To me, it is worth the money. http://www.gezagear.com/

pblair
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Geza made this based on my description of the replacement windshield. I would say they did a pretty good job. I have since poked a hole for the antennae. The material will not rip, so the hole is not expanding. You really do get what you pay for, this cover is excellent.

av8rdave
05-13-2013, 08:41 AM
The cover that Philip Blair told you about, and the one that I use (have two of them) is the Geza cover. They are not cheap, but they are well worth the money. PBlair had one custom made to fit his F6B. I have an older one (yellow label) and a newer one (white label) and I use both of them when stopping for the night. The newer one goes on first, and then the older one covers that.

They pack up easily, and are very good at keeping most things out. They are not 100% waterproof, but few of them are.

To me, it is worth the money. http://www.gezagear.com/

Thank You!

Darkknight
06-24-2013, 05:46 AM
Well since it is made to order it took 3 weeks or so but I really like the final result. the windscreen area is actually a little large to have some extra room in case I decide to install a slightly larger shield.
There is a lot of stretch in this fabric. In the picture I have cover loops attached to the passenger pegs when I should have stretched it to the driver's mini boards

MercuryF1
06-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Geza made this based on my description of the replacement windshield.

I ordered the Geza cover whilst waiting for delivery of my bike. At that time, I didn't think about replacement windscreen:banghead:
Now that I have a baggershield installed, I just realised the cover isn't going to fit my bike. :banghead:

(Geza Cover is on the way to me now by post) This has totally wrecked my day!:icon_frown:

Darkknight
06-24-2013, 11:34 AM
My Geza cover has some extra room in the shield area. I am running the stock stubby shield. I bet that I could squeeze a 4-6 inch taller shield under that with no problem. The material is quite stretchy. Don't panic yet. It might be OK.

MercuryF1
06-24-2013, 12:24 PM
My Geza cover has some extra room in the shield area. I am running the stock stubby shield. I bet that I could squeeze a 4-6 inch taller shield under that with no problem. The material is quite stretchy. Don't panic yet. It might be OK.

Fingera crossed but I just measured the height of the Baggershield- it's a good 12 inches from the base! Was about to re-order another cover but decided to wait a little. Perhaps cheaper to change a shorter shield? :icon_frown:

BillyDaFinn
06-24-2013, 07:18 PM

Darknight, I'm curious which model of cover is shown in your photos? Is that 3/4 cover? I'm also thinking about ordering one. Thanks......

Darkknight
06-25-2013, 04:00 AM
They called it a half cover. Their "full" cover would go over the front fender. Since I may tow it occaisionally, I went with the "pro plus" material.

I'm considering a taller shield.... I think there is enough material and stretch in my current cover to accomodate a moderate increase of shield height.

If I pull the trigger on a new one (shield) I'll post a review and pictures.

BillyDaFinn
06-25-2013, 07:48 AM
They called it a half cover. Their "full" cover would go over the front fender. Since I may tow it occaisionally, I went with the "pro plus" material.

I'm considering a taller shield.... I think there is enough material and stretch in my current cover to accomodate a moderate increase of shield height.

If I pull the trigger on a new one (shield) I'll post a review and pictures.

Thanks for the info., I'll be ordering one of these later in the week.

Darkknight
07-10-2013, 04:34 AM
I've installed the baggershield 11" sport dark tinted windshield and there is still room with the Geza cover. They must have known that we'd change the windshield.
There are pictures on other threads of my setup under "Windshields" or "I may go bigger".

bobbyf6b
07-20-2013, 09:01 PM
So, has anyone found a good cover that's not $300? I'd like one for daily use at work.

Steve 0080
07-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Here you go Bobby......http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Cover-Fit-Honda-Gold-Wing-F6B-Bike-w-cable-lock-New-XXL-/271176637154?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f23631ae2&vxp=mtr

bobbyf6b
07-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Thanks Steve, I keep trying to find one for a large bike without a trunk. I'm afraid if I get one for a bike with a trunk it's just going to lay on the ground in the back.

Steve 0080
07-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Not sure about laying on the ground...you may have to pin it in some way maybe tucking it in somewhere...I ordered the one above to check it out....

MSGT-R
07-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Cycle Shade makes a two piece cover of that Lycra Spandex stuff that wads up into a small bag when put away. It covers the upper fairing and the seat, but not the rest of the bike.

bobbyf6b
07-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Cycle Shade makes a two piece cover of that Lycra Spandex stuff that wads up into a small bag when put away. It covers the upper fairing and the seat, but not the rest of the bike.

Thanks, I have the one that covers the seat. It works great for keeping the seat cooler and provides a place to keep the helmet covered but it doesn't do anything to cover the bike. Right now it's monsoon season in Phoenix and we get bad dust and thunderstorms. Basically it rains mud and everything gets covered. My bike looked horrible after this last week and I spent a couple hours yesterday cleaning it. I'd like to try covering it, but then I'm afraid it's going to get all scratched up. Not sure which is worse.

Philbert40
07-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Wingstuff has a combo pair of covers that I bought a couple of months ago. The price was like $70.00 for the pair. Quality is real good, and by pair I mean a FULL cover and a SHORTY cover. Made just for the F6B. :clap2:

bobbyf6b
07-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Wingstuff has a combo pair of covers that I bought a couple of months ago. The price was like $70.00 for the pair. Quality is real good, and by pair I mean a FULL cover and a SHORTY cover. Made just for the F6B. :clap2:

Thanks, but I don't see any covers made just for the F6B. Can you post a link?

MSGT-R
07-22-2013, 01:07 PM
I cropped pics of my Cycle Shade Cover.
You're right Bobby, it bikini-covers the bike, but not completely. I can use my full sized wing cover for that, even if it's too big.

bobbyf6b
07-22-2013, 08:52 PM
I bought this one today. It's a half cover for a Goldwing. It fits like I was hoping, down around the bags instead of the trunk. We'll see how it holds up.

It looks a little odd, but I didn't want it over the pipes or on the ground so I guess it works.

Steve 0080
07-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Got this cover and have to say...outstanding....tight fit, very well made,lock is very nice as well.....well worth the money...... Bobby this is the one for you !!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-C...631ae2&vxp=mtr

BillyDaFinn
07-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Got this cover and have to say...outstanding....tight fit, very well made,lock is very nice as well.....well worth the money...... Bobby this is the one for you !!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-C...631ae2&vxp=mtr

No longer available......

Steve 0080
07-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Give it a day or two and it will be reposted......hugh company, they have a cover for anything!

Dfinkelsteinmd
03-18-2014, 06:55 PM
My Geza cover also took a month to arrive and does not fit after another month of trying to work around this with the service manager and a nice guy named Luke who has seen photos of my cover pulling off the rear corners of the saddle bags. Anyone else had this problem or am I the only one? I have attached a small metal hook to a zip tie at the rear to grab the fender but the corners still pull off the bags even with the side straps attached to the passenger pegs. Now Luke is suggesting that I return the cover to Geza to have them attach extra straps to the corner areas for hooking to the bags. I don't know if they will attach hooks or even if that new strap will grab the bags but I really doubt that my cover was made correctly. They say it will hold onto the bike at 95 mph while towing but it can't even stay put in my garage...

BillyDaFinn
03-18-2014, 07:53 PM
My Geza cover also took a month to arrive and does not fit after another month of trying to work around this with the service manager and a nice guy named Luke who has seen photos of my cover pulling off the rear corners of the saddle bags. Anyone else had this problem or am I the only one? I have attached a small metal hook to a zip tie at the rear to grab the fender but the corners still pull off the bags even with the side straps attached to the passenger pegs. Now Luke is suggesting that I return the cover to Geza to have them attach extra straps to the corner areas for hooking to the bags. I don't know if they will attach hooks or even if that new strap will grab the bags but I really doubt that my cover was made correctly. They say it will hold onto the bike at 95 mph while towing but it can't even stay put in my garage...

I emailed Geza twice about 8 months ago with a few questions, they never got back with me. Decided to look elsewhere.

stepbill
03-18-2014, 08:30 PM
I use a Dowco cover for my VTX and I believe that it is big enough for the F6B. It's a 2XL in size but they go up to 3XL. I have the dowco guardian weather plus and is great!!
http://www.revzilla.com/product/dowco-guardian-weatherall-plus-motorcycle-cover

Scotrod
03-18-2014, 09:47 PM
The 'Honda' F6B specific covers are "OK" (Zippers to open the bags are a PITA, Better off to pull the cover than fight with the zippers)

The UltraGard Fixed Fairing Bagger Cover looks interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tCKcuZuaSU

If I needed to replace our covers, I'd opt for the UltraG before buying the 'Honda' cover's again,,,

Mark Sanders
03-19-2014, 11:25 AM
I emailed Geza twice about 8 months ago with a few questions, they never got back with me. Decided to look elsewhere.

Hi Billy. We received an e-mail from you (only one, not two) on June 20, 2013. We replied back to you the next day June 21. I am sorry you did not receive the e-mail but I have just re-forwarded it to you to the email address you sent to us. Also, check your spam folder as it may have ended up in there.

Thank you.

Mark Sanders
Geza Gear

Mark Sanders
03-19-2014, 12:08 PM

Hi David,

All Geza Covers are custom built. We confirmed the build pattern of your cover to be correct for a Honda F6B.

The one photo you sent to us showed the cover partially fit on the bike without the footpeg loops attached to the footpegs (as instructed) - which enables the cover to be locked onto the rear of the bike.

We requested that you send us another photo showing the cover properly fitted with the footpeg loops attached to the footpegs but you did not send us any. Because we were not able to see the cover properly fitted to the bike, we could make no conclusions as to the cause of the cover coming off the rear - although the cause (from our stand point) appears to be from the disengagement of the footpeg straps and or the cover not being properly stretched enough from front to rear.

You then stated you did attach the footpeg loops and the cover still came off, but you never sent us any photos depicting this (as we requested) so we could not see exactly what was happening. Therefore, we could draw no absolute conclusions.

So, from the one photo you sent us, it is not an accurate depiction of the cover coming off the rear because the cover was not fitted as instructed.

Therefore, the only remedy we could offer is to attach a retention strap to the rear underside of the cover to hold it in place.

We sent you a UPS Return Label to send the cover back to us and once we receive it, we will add the strap and ship it back to you.

Thank you.

Mark Sanders
Geza Gear

BillyDaFinn
03-19-2014, 06:04 PM
I have to retract this post (posted above). Luke from Geza emailed me a copy of the reply email they sent to me, it must have went to my spam folder and I never saw it, I did send the same email a week later, it wound up in the internet abyss and never made it to Geza, I probably screwed that up too, my bad. Thanks for emailing me Luke, sorry about the post Geza. I may purchase a cover yet.....