PDA

View Full Version : Santa came early

sharkey
12-24-2016, 11:17 PM
I have proof. There is a red sled in my garage. Either that or it is a 2013 Red F6B Deluxe. I am guessing I maybe bought someone's F6B here. Cycle Center of Denton had a good deal on one with a low 4500 miles. Traded in my R1200RT since the Interceptor kinda took it's place. 45 mile trip home and it is comfy. I call her Godzilla cuz she is a beast. I looked at a HD RK and a Victory XC and might have ended up with one of those had the dealers given me a decent trade in value on the RT but they didn't. That said, I got a nice Rice Bagger with Honda Quality so I made out ok.

I will post some pics and someone can tell me which after market windscreen I have. I just gotta remember to park correctly cuz my 135 lb frame won't be able to back out of an incline. :icon_biggrin:

JMartin
12-24-2016, 11:18 PM
Woohooo... good for you!

CopperMike
12-24-2016, 11:19 PM
Congrats!

STRaider
12-24-2016, 11:32 PM
I have proof. There is a red sled in my garage. Either that or it is a 2013 Red F6B Deluxe. I am guessing I maybe bought someone's F6B here. Cycle Center of Denton had a good deal on one with a low 4500 miles. Traded in my R1200RT since the Interceptor kinda took it's place. 45 mile trip home and it is comfy. I call her Godzilla cuz she is a beast. I looked at a HD RK and a Victory XC and might have ended up with one of those had the dealers given me a decent trade in value on the RT but they didn't. That said, I got a nice Rice Bagger with Honda Quality so I made out ok.

I will post some pics and someone can tell me which after market windscreen I have. I just gotta remember to park correctly cuz my 135 lb frame won't be able to back out of an incline. :icon_biggrin:

Congrats, Sharkey. I literally just finished reading through your Bagger thread on another forum. I was reading through it after I read where you had crossed the F6B off your list after riding it, and was going to ask you why, then saw you had purchased one by the end of the thread. These bikes are amazing. I have a 2012 Ultra Limited and a 2013 F6B, and I strongly prefer the F6B. You made the right choice for a myriad of reasons. BTW, I test rode a red and black at Indian of Denton. Does yours have the Bagger Windshield? If so, that is a great bike. Again, congrats. Santa was good to you. Merry Christmas!

Edit: just saw you said Cycle Center of Denton, not Indian.

Heavvyduty
12-25-2016, 05:59 AM

WoW 135lbs... That Red beast will fly with you on it. I'm 365 an I think it gets up an go. Better tie yourself on LOL. Great Bike

Double G
12-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Congrats on your purchase. You'll just like it more and more all the time. Good luck from an ole west Texas boy.

opas ride
12-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Good choice and your new-to-you "rice bagger" as you said, will outperform, out run, and handle much better than anything HD has at this point and last a whole lot longer without out repairs and maint.......Ride safe and enjoy the bike....

yellow rex
12-25-2016, 11:12 AM
Congrats on the early present, glade to see you have the fastest color welcome to the forum.

sharkey
12-25-2016, 09:31 PM
Congrats, Sharkey. I literally just finished reading through your Bagger thread on another forum. I was reading through it after I read where you had crossed the F6B off your list after riding it, and was going to ask you why, then saw you had purchased one by the end of the thread. These bikes are amazing. I have a 2012 Ultra Limited and a 2013 F6B, and I strongly prefer the F6B. You made the right choice for a myriad of reasons. BTW, I test rode a red and black at Indian of Denton. Does yours have the Bagger Windshield? If so, that is a great bike. Again, congrats. Santa was good to you. Merry Christmas!

Edit: just saw you said Cycle Center of Denton, not Indian.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Yeah I was thinking about a bagger for a month. We rode about 70 miles today down FM917, FM157, and back to downtown FtW where we took 4th St. all the way home to Cooks/I30 area. Wife said it was the most comfortable ride out of all the stuff I have owned and I have owned a lot of stuff. The F6B hides it weight pretty well. The ride had some decent twisties and freeway thrown into the mix. The having to lock the bags to take the key out thing I could live without. Overall, I think I did well on the deal and even though I haven't ever owned a HD, I just really like Hondas. I will probably join the local Wing Riders Club.

Here are a couple pics. Anyone tell me the brand shield on it? It isn't smoked or tinted. It is completely opaque. I like looking over the shield and we wear full face helmets. Couple Pics.

sharkey
12-25-2016, 09:36 PM
Hmm, unk why pics are not rotated correctly. They are right side up in my folder.

yellow rex
12-25-2016, 09:55 PM
No problem here you go on the pic fix.

JMartin
12-25-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm envious... my red 2013 is still on a truck somewhere between Kansas and California.
I'm really hoping to see it before the next weekend (not likely). I have Friday and Monday off, and I'd love to spend a four-day-weekend on the bike.

sharkey
12-25-2016, 11:53 PM
Sweet, thanks for the fix yellow rex. The name is appropriate. I call mine Godzilla. :icon_biggrin:

JMartin - ha, patience is a virtue. I once did a trade with a guy up in NY. He shipped a Sprint ST out to me and the shipper would call me every other day telling me where he was. I was like a kid on Christmas waiting for it. Hopefully it will come by Friday. I read the thread on your rental.

I might look to add some highway pegs and maybe a Vista throttle lock before I go ride on a weekend trip. Weather is nice here so I will probably take the Interceptor out tomorrow. It is feeling neglected.

Steve 0080
12-26-2016, 12:52 AM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!

MisterB
12-26-2016, 03:13 AM
won't be able to back out of an incline. :icon_biggrin:
It's heavy, but most of the weight is down low. If you've got boots with a good tread on them you can lean a little weight over on to one side while holding the bars to dig your foot in a little harder. If your foot slips you'll need to be quick to get it back in place to keep the bike up, but if it falls over it'll probably just land on the generous tip-over bars.
OTOH, your original idea is best, this method will work in a pinch though.
Warm enough to ride here but the roads are a salty mess! Still piles of it at intersections after crazy ice event a week ago.
Have a blast!

F6Dave
12-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Sent this as a Christmas Card...

http://dchealy.com/valk/hohoho.jpg

opas ride
12-26-2016, 01:28 PM
Sent this as a Christmas Card...

http://dchealy.com/valk/hohoho.jpg

Great shot my friend...I am from the Denver area and truly miss Colorado and the mountains...Sister lives outside Boulder and I visit there when I can....At almost 77 years old now, I doubt we will ever move back, but I have grown to love Michigan....Have a nice and Happy New Year and enjoy your ride.....Regards

yellow rex
12-26-2016, 10:38 PM
Sharkey that is a Cee Baily wind screen.

sharkey
12-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Sharkey that is a Cee Baily wind screen.

Ha, you are quite helpful. I like it better than the stock one I rode on a test ride. Trying to decide if I need something more or if it is good enough. I need to ride some more to decide.

I'm 5'4 and know the Mustang seat is lower but I found the OEM seat pretty comfy and didn't think it was too wide so I'm gonna keep it. I also saw the Rivco Flip Out highway pegs online and really like the looks so that might be a future purchase. I asked the wife about floorboards and she said she was happy with the pegs or putting her feet on the crashbars, go figure.

dmdbit
12-27-2016, 10:11 AM
hello Sharkey. I am 5'4" as well. Just as an idea, it is easier to move the f6b while standing beside it than after climbing aboard. Fortunately I haven't needed to yet.

Mike

Ntexastom
12-27-2016, 10:32 AM
Great looking bike, hope to see you out on the road sometime. I bought my last (before F6B) bike at Denton Cycle Center and they are good folks. Enjoy and ride safe.

F6Dave
12-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Great shot my friend...I am from the Denver area and truly miss Colorado and the mountains...Sister lives outside Boulder and I visit there when I can....At almost 77 years old now, I doubt we will ever move back, but I have grown to love Michigan....Have a nice and Happy New Year and enjoy your ride.....Regards

Agreed, there's some great riding here, though I also enjoyed riding through Michigan's U.P. many years ago. Unfortunately the mountains anywhere near Denver have become so congested that you need to travel a good 100 miles from the city for an enjoyable ride these days.

Even if you don't plan on moving back here, let me know if you're ever travelling this way so we can get together. And have a great New Year as well!

sharkey
12-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Great looking bike, hope to see you out on the road sometime. I bought my last (before F6B) bike at Denton Cycle Center and they are good folks. Enjoy and ride safe.

Hey you are close by (well relatively speaking). If you haven't check out twtex.com Lots of metromess riders and we get together for food and rides. We like Q, pie, and ice cream apparently. In fact, some Dallas folks meet near you on Thurs. I think.

Ntexastom
12-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Yes, we are close and I am on Twtex as same screen name. Send me a pm sometime and let's ride. Only had mine a few weeks but loving it.

53driver
01-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Next time I visit my folks in Dallas, let's get together!

Blk6bgg6
01-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Hey Sharkey ,that would be Cee Bailey shield 9inch .They are nice shield as I have one I tried before going with klockwerks .By the way nice bike u will enjoy and safe riding

Blk6bgg6
01-01-2017, 07:50 PM
I see yellow Rex seen it was cee bailey ,my bad.I have the Rivco flip outs and really like them as I can push into them for leg stretch .I installed kaoko throttle lock,it looks professional and works good.have fun with all the accessories

sharkey
01-02-2017, 11:34 PM
Hey Sharkey ,that would be Cee Bailey shield 9inch .They are nice shield as I have one I tried before going with klockwerks .By the way nice bike u will enjoy and safe riding

Since you also have the klockwerks, what do you think compared to the Cee Bailey? I think I can live with the CB but still need more ride time. I was gonna take it out of town this weekend but wife wanted to take the dog with us. She didn't like the idea of holding our 45lb pittie for 1.5 hours to get to the lake. :icon_mrgreen:

sharkey
01-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Next time I visit my folks in Dallas, let's get together!

Let's do that. My buddy moved to FL, Clearwater? He wants me to come down for Daytona one year.

Blk6bgg6
01-04-2017, 08:08 PM
I hear my radio much better . However ,wind deflection around and on hairline.I am 5' 9".I preferred the klockwerks and the cb second.I also tried baggershield as u can see on this forum many different preferences.I live in Ohio and do ride on sunny cold days in the winter had the kw does a great job.

ar1tx
01-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Congrats for your great looking F6B!

Santa came little bit late for me and surprised me with 2013 red F6B yesterday.
I am in Denton area and waiting weather to warm up a bit for first ride.
This is to replace my 2004 VTX1300 I put 71,000 miles.

JMartin
01-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Who is this Santa person you all refer to? I had to do all the leg work and research to acquire my ride. No surprises for me.

Congrats by the way. :cheers: