PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Headset

Kyrock
12-28-2016, 11:43 PM
I have a 2015 F6B. Is it possible to purchase a helmet headset which not only can plug into the F6B entertainment system, but also operate in a blue tooth mode so I can hear my Tom Tom GPS as well as make and receive telephone calls? Can any one recommend a particular product or products that can make this happen?

Thanks,

pdxstriper
12-29-2016, 03:54 AM
Hi,
My Sena 20 does it all with the addition of a cable that adapts the Honda connector to the plug on the Sena.
I imagine other headsets would work as well.

shortleg0521
12-29-2016, 07:48 AM
I have a 2015 F6B. Is it possible to purchase a helmet headset which not only can plug into the F6B entertainment system, but also operate in a blue tooth mode so I can hear my Tom Tom GPS as well as make and receive telephone calls? Can any one recommend a particular product or products that can make this happen?

Thanks,

Yes, you can do this by getting a Sena 20 an adapter for your headset plug that goes to a 3.5 plug and a
Bluetooth transmitter that will plug into the headset adapter.
With this setup you will hear everything that goes to your headset , that includes the plug in saddlebag , radio, plug in cubby.
Then you can pair your phone and gps to your headset and there you go.

Old Ryder
12-29-2016, 02:57 PM
I bought a headset---don't remember the name brand--- that plugged directly into the plug on the F6B but I never could get the volume loud enough. How does the Sena work? And yes, I even got out the manual and even went here on the board looking for answers--it just wasn't loud enough.

Steve 0080
12-30-2016, 12:34 AM
Sena 20 S and Sena Free Wire is the answer... I have both and love them !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6nSmw3AI4U

pdxstriper
12-30-2016, 03:40 AM
Sena 20 S and Sena Free Wire is the answer... I have both and love them !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6nSmw3AI4U

If I read the original email on this thread literally, Kyrock wants to 'plug in' to the Goldwing infotainment system and Bluetooth his TomTom, phone, etc. this can be done easily with the Sena20s and a $22 cable.

The Sena cable, #SC0121 (or something close to this) plugs into the proprietary Goldwing Comm connector and supplies a 3.5mm coax to plug into the Sena 20s system. This is what I ride with. If one is willing to live with the inconvenience of a wire from bike to helmet, this solution works great without the extra cost/complexity of the Bluetooth transmitter.

Just offering another option for consideration
Pete

TailGunner
12-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Kind of on the same subject but what is the difference(besides the obvious) between the regular and slim speakers?

TailGunner
12-30-2016, 10:20 AM
If I read the original email on this thread literally, Kyrock wants to 'plug in' to the Goldwing infotainment system and Bluetooth his TomTom, phone, etc. this can be done easily with the Sena20s and a $22 cable.

The Sena cable, #SC0121 (or something close to this) plugs into the proprietary Goldwing Comm connector and supplies a 3.5mm coax to plug into the Sena 20s system. This is what I ride with. If one is willing to live with the inconvenience of a wire from bike to helmet, this solution works great without the extra cost/complexity of the Bluetooth transmitter.

Just offering another option for consideration
Pete
Is this the cable?
3.5MM STEREO JACK TO 5 PIN DIN CABLE FOR 1980-LATER HONDA® GOLDWING®

Part Number: SC-A0121

SC-A0121-1

shortleg0521
12-30-2016, 02:53 PM
Is this the cable?
3.5MM STEREO JACK TO 5 PIN DIN CABLE FOR 1980-LATER HONDA® GOLDWING®

Part Number: SC-A0121

SC-A0121-1

Yes, that should be it.
Go on Amazon and put in blue tooth transmitter and you will find for 20 bucks you
can plug that into your adapter and Bluetooth everything.

shortleg0521
12-31-2016, 12:47 PM
Kind of on the same subject but what is the difference(besides the obvious) between the regular and slim speakers?
bluetooh hookup.png

olegoat345
12-31-2016, 03:26 PM
I see bluetooth ear buds. I would think they should work with a GPS. Any of you more techie folks know?