PDA

View Full Version : American Made Motorcycle you should know about.

tiltingf6b
12-29-2016, 07:38 AM
Made right here in my home state Alabama!

http://motusmotorcycles.com/american-v4

I test rode one of these beauties - wished the pegs/controls for my feet were slightly forward and it would have been a done deal.

enjoy.

jm21ddd15
12-29-2016, 08:00 AM
Nice looking. What was the price $$

tiltingf6b
12-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Nice looking. What was the price $$

$ 27K and up - yep - American Made. But it does use top of the line things like Brembo brakes.... etc...

2wheelsforme
12-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Last summer at the SCRC Alabama chapter state rally we did a tour of both Motus and Confederate factories. I really like that V-4 but like you could not live with the sport bike build. Now if they would put that thing in a sporty cruiser bagger type I would be interested.

six2go
12-29-2016, 10:41 AM

I test rode one of these beauties - wished the pegs/controls for my feet were slightly forward and it would have been a done deal.

enjoy.Feet Forward? Please tell me what is the big deal about getting bugs on the soles of your boots. One of the reasons I bought my Valkyrie in '98 was that the footpegs were where they should be. Same deal with the F6B. I have more of a feeling of control with my feet back under my hips. Not finding fault, just asking.

opas ride
12-29-2016, 12:57 PM
$ 27K and up - yep - American Made. But it does use top of the line things like Brembo brakes.... etc...

Are you sure about the starting price??..Their web-site says $36,975.....Too much for my little wallet.....Ride safe

edgeman55
12-29-2016, 01:31 PM
https://youtu.be/SNkIvO0eFIw

Jay Leno did a review of these bikes.

seadog
12-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Missing two cylinders and the bags are ugly! Its also too noisy, and its too much money, other than that it has enough horsepower and torque! I will stick to this fine F6B.

edgeman55
12-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Missing two cylinders and the bags are ugly! Its also too noisy, and its too much money, other than that it has enough horsepower and torque! I will stick to this fine F6B.

Wow tell us how you really feel-LOL.I don't agree as I think at that horsepower and torque the 4 cylinders work fine.Price is high for the market it is in but then the people who will buy this have that kind of disposable income and appreciate the great braking and suspension components that come on this ride.Just cause I can't afford one does not equate to me not wanting one-Just have to hit the Lotto!

stroguy
12-30-2016, 02:30 PM
http://www.gulfcoastmotorcycle.com/Motorcycles-Motus-MSTR-2016-South-Houston-TX-462bbd62-99fb-41ce-9078-a6ac0151082e

seadog
12-30-2016, 02:34 PM
http://www.gulfcoastmotorcycle.com/Motorcycles-Motus-MSTR-2016-South-Houston-TX-462bbd62-99fb-41ce-9078-a6ac0151082e

What do you think Stro, would you throw almost 40 grand at that bike if you had cubic dollars to spend? You could buy 2 F6B's for that price.

jm21ddd15
12-30-2016, 03:24 PM
If a person has $$$, like Jay Leno, then go for it. It's too much $$$ for me. Besides, I think the 6, is still better looking.

DarkKnt
12-30-2016, 05:32 PM
The styling is so - so, but it sounds great and probably hauls ass.. I'd like to see some actual performance numbers. One thing that may hinder sales is the chain drive. As a "GT" bike, a shaft may have been more popular with the type of guy who's going to buy it. I'm thinking K1300S type of buyer; although BMW hasn't sold a pile of those either! I wish them luck and hope to see one soon. Maybe at the motorcycle show in the new year...

stroguy
12-30-2016, 05:35 PM
What do you think Stro, would you throw almost 40 grand at that bike if you had cubic dollars to spend? You could buy 2 F6B's for that price.

Not a chance.

copper
12-30-2016, 07:18 PM
https://youtu.be/SNkIvO0eFIw

Jay Leno did a review of these bikes.

enjoy.

Thanks for this, I wasn't even aware of Motus...Nice bike, & fantastic performance numbers - 180hp, 127 ft/lbs torque.

Too much $$$ for me, but have to give a lot of credit to the guys from Alabama

:yes::yes:

DarkKnt
12-30-2016, 08:31 PM
Big price tag can be justified by a few things - outright performance/technology, build quality/components, pedigree/history or simply exclusivity/niche. Only one of those is a given at this point. What usually brings a small manufacturer down is economy of scale.. they simply can't sell enough, early enough, to cover their higher cost of production. These guys are trying to pay for all of their R+D, tooling, distribution etc etc with a 2 bike line up. Compare that to a new model that Honda introduces (like the new CBR). A tough hill to climb. So you get a machine that may be equal to the big manufacturers, but costs so much more that only the dedicated (or wealthy) few will pony up the extra money. Hopefully, as Jay says, they are the real deal and can ramp up production. Maybe we'll all be on the "Motus Bagger' site in a few years...

Bill_C
12-31-2016, 08:47 AM
Very interesting and thanks for sharing. I can only describe it as a 'power cruiser' and therefore it would be a limited use bike. If you are in a position to stock the garage and pick & choose which bike you feel like riding it would be a good choice. Also supports a small American manufacturer, so a good thing there as well.

edgeman55
12-31-2016, 02:01 PM
Big price tag can be justified by a few things - outright performance/technology, build quality/components, pedigree/history or simply exclusivity/niche. Only one of those is a given at this point. What usually brings a small manufacturer down is economy of scale.. they simply can't sell enough, early enough, to cover their higher cost of production. These guys are trying to pay for all of their R+D, tooling, distribution etc etc with a 2 bike line up. Compare that to a new model that Honda introduces (like the new CBR). A tough hill to climb. So you get a machine that may be equal to the big manufacturers, but costs so much more that only the dedicated (or wealthy) few will pony up the extra money. Hopefully, as Jay says, they are the real deal and can ramp up production. Maybe we'll all be on the "Motus Bagger' site in a few years...

Well said I don't think some people understand how many dollars go into R&D when developing a total package like this and then getting thru all the expensive Govt. hoops needed to certify.I applaud these guys for getting this all done.As Jay said they are not in this to get rich it is a labor of love.We have a dealer here in Reno,NV might have to check one out.I really dig that V four design and impressed by the Horsepower,torque ratings.Bet it hauls arss.

53driver
01-01-2017, 10:56 AM
I wish them the best of luck.
However, I don't find the bike aesthetically pleasing at all.
Saw it in person.
I wanted to like it - just didn't happen.
And, my checkbook cannot support that.

Now if Jay Leno wants to buy me one? I'll probably let him....:icon_mrgreen:

Cheers,
Steve

Hornblower
01-01-2017, 01:03 PM
I believe in supporting USA-made products, to a point. When those products are competitive in price and performance, the nod will definitely go American. My last "nod" went German, however. My BMW S1000XR has 160 hp, Brembo brakes, electronic suspension, electronic quick shifting, and all that for half the cost of the Motus. It's way too much fun:yikes:.

pitcherd
01-01-2017, 04:34 PM
I don't care where the motorcycle is made. When you are charging $32,000 for the bike you have bumped your head. That is absurd. That is a reason that I have never heard of the bike until I read this post. When I first looked at the bike I was intrigued and then I looked at a local dealer how much a new one was and they can keep it.