PDA

View Full Version : NC Goldwing, Wings over NC

Deer Slayer
09-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Its was a good get together. I did tire of the off comments by the butt jewelry wingers. The granny chair wingers appear to forget what a joy it is to just ride a motorcycle. The smart s** better than you comments may be one of the reasons for GWRRA decline. What is wrong with just ridding the motorcycle. See ya on da road.

bobbyf6b
09-29-2013, 03:31 PM
I just got the newsletter from my local GWRRA chapter and there's only one ride scheduled for the next two months, and that ride is an IBA ride so it's not even theirs. I thought Wingers were riders?

MichaelG
09-29-2013, 03:43 PM
I just got the newsletter from my local GWRRA chapter and there's only one ride scheduled for the next two months, and that ride is an IBA ride so it's not even theirs. I thought Wingers were riders?

Bobby, check to see if there is a GWTA chapter in your area (Gold Wing Touring Association). They are much more receptive to bikes that are not bedazzled out Goldwings, and are much friendlier. :icon_mrgreen:

Big Dawg
10-01-2013, 01:15 PM
The local GWRRA is referred to as the Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Association, and more likely the restaurant will be a Dairy Queen, Personally, I like to ride, not just sit around slurping ice cream and talking about riding.

There is nothing wrong with that mentality if all you want to do is spend time putting little LED lights on your bike and polishing the chrome do-daddies:banghead:

unsub
10-01-2013, 01:33 PM
The local GWRRA is referred to as the Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Association, and more likely the restaurant will be a Dairy Queen, Personally, I like to ride, not just sit around slurping ice cream and talking about riding.

lol

I just went out last week to meet some of the local GWR group. That was my impression too. They met at a restaurant, and I had the only bike. Everyone else drove their car to the meeting. Members spent their time dissing other chapters and critiquing the F6 as an "beginners goldwing".

Time to ride on...

Scotrod
10-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Association,

Toooo funny!

Drove their cars to the meet,,, to talk about their bikes?!?!?!? :shock:

OLE CHIT!!!

I can see where 'Restaurant Raiders' truly IS a fitting description,,, Jeesh! :icon_doh:

Bruce B
10-01-2013, 06:39 PM
About 6-8 years ago I was invited to go on a GWRRA ride. I really looked forward to my first (turned out to be my last) ride with that group. They did actually go for a ride on some of our many fun roads in the Sierra foothills. Lasted about an hour and a half. The ride ended at a nice local Moose or Elks club where the fun really began. A real highlight was the fundraiser paintball target shooting contest. The excitement reached a fever pitch when the raffle began. Not that these can't be fun when shared with friends but the short parade through the foothills was just a warm up as far as rides go. I ended up with a sour taste in my mouth for an entirely different reason. You see, I had the audacity to show up on my trusty Valkyrie and I wasn't wearing a cutesy little yellow vest covered with pins. Made me a pariah of sorts, kind of like something stuck to the bottom of someone's shoe. That cold shoulder was nothing compared to the one experienced by the comely lady riding pillion with me. I'm kind of a mild mannered quiet guy so it wasn't like I had shown up with some sort of attitude. To paraphrase an old saying, "Treat me poorly once, shame on you. Treat me poorly twice, shame on me". I won't be back to the GWRRA.

Mustangjake
10-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I don't do it ! They aren't for me I want to go !
They do things that make me wonder What they are thinking.

Deer Slayer
10-01-2013, 09:00 PM
You Guys have about summed it up. Thanks..