PDA

View Full Version : New Years Day ride

wjduke
01-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Snuck in a 100 mile day yesterday. 45, sunny, but windy. Still, had that feeling we all get after a ride. Was idle for at least a month, and might be another before the next one. Gotta grab it when you can up here.

Delta
01-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Was it that nice down south? Still ice and snow all over the place up here. Some guys have all the luck.

53driver
01-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Good for you!
It's pouring rain here with a cosmic light and sound show.....

Might get to ride by the weekend....
Cheers,
Steve

DMAGOLDRDR
01-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Snuck in a 100 mile day yesterday. 45, sunny, but windy. Still, had that feeling we all get after a ride. Was idle for at least a month, and might be another before the next one. Gotta grab it when you can up here.

Happy New Year Wayne. Good to hear you also got out. I managed a good 100 mile ride myself around CT and NY, but the bike needed a good cleaning after. The chemicals they spray the roads with had my nice Red F6B a dirty brown when I got home...

stroguy
01-02-2017, 09:54 PM
Good for you!
It's pouring rain here with a cosmic light and sound show.....

Might get to ride by the weekend....
Cheers,
Steve

Oh boy did the airport here get lit up by that front this AM. Just snuck in the TRACON door at 6 and DDay started.

I haven't ridden in about 5 days, tomorrow is going to be a perfect morning for the ride to work. Glad you got some riding in Duke.

bob109
01-02-2017, 09:55 PM
Each New Years Day several friends and I do a RTE to Corkey Bells in Polatka Fl. Yesterday was no exception. With temps 80/82 the 110 mile round trip was great, as was the food. Not a rain drop of rain and traffic was light:icon_biggrin:

wjduke
01-03-2017, 05:15 AM
Was it that nice down south? Still ice and snow all over the place up here. Some guys have all the luck.

Happy New Year Wayne. Good to hear you also got out. I managed a good 100 mile ride myself around CT and NY, but the bike needed a good cleaning after. The chemicals they spray the roads with had my nice Red F6B a dirty brown when I got home...

We get lucky in our little corner here...most of the time. Very little snow so far. Actually, 3" is the most and that was early December. The salt and sand are very minimal and it rained the night before clearing what was there away. Shhhh.....

Happy New Year and let's do some riding this year!

Bob Penn
01-03-2017, 10:56 AM
The good news is, there's only 357 days till Christmas!! :icon_lol:

For me March is usually the expected start of the regular riding season and that's only 56 days away now, providing I can get that dam tree out of the living room, but please don't rush me. I'll get to it when the fire in the fireplace dies out and the Bourbon bottle runs dry. Till then there's no good reason to be washing a bike and and for Pet's sake if you insist remember to use hot water.!:lolup:

PS; Last year it took us 3 months to get our first ride in so if we start planning now maybe we can make April fool's day. Just saying!

wjduke
01-03-2017, 11:19 AM
The good news is, there's only 357 days till Christmas!! :icon_lol:

For me March is usually the expected start of the regular riding season and that's only 56 days away now, providing I can get that dam tree out of the living room, but please don't rush me. I'll get to it when the fire in the fireplace dies out and the Bourbon bottle runs dry. Till then there's no good reason to be washing a bike and and for Pet's sake if you insist remember to use hot water.!:lolup:

PS; Last year it took us 3 months to get our first ride in so if we start planning now maybe we can make April fool's day. Just saying!

I'll be there! I plan on a lot of small trips this year. All around and I'll try not to say no to any! North, west and south, bring it on.

zzh54
01-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Happy New Years everyone. Glad to hear the chill hasn't deterred our riding so far this year. I got out also, not far but a fun day with friends.

I be way ready for some extra miles by time April 1st come around.

I still trying to get up to breakfast with Dan some Sunday morning.

Be safe have fun and let the good times roll.
Jeff

kenny urban
01-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Snuck in a 100 mile day yesterday. 45, sunny, but windy. Still, had that feeling we all get after a ride. Was idle for at least a month, and might be another before the next one. Gotta grab it when you can up here.Had a GREAT New Years Day Ride,,
The Puget Sound Riders Group,,we met at the Lawless Harley Dealer,,Their was JUST 2 sport bikes and Me on MY 2014 Black F6B,,We rode 74 Miles on N.Years Day,, It was 27 degrees when I left MY house, 31 when we left the Harley Dealer,,we went to Shilsho Bay, to watch the Polar Bear Plunge INTO Puget Sound,, I walked into 1 INCH of water, That's as much as I could stand.
Hope to see some of you East Coast people on OUR side of the Rookies this spring,,KennyU.