I like the color choice.
Tupper ware King.

jim karp
01-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Is factory blue. Going gloss black.

opas ride
01-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Taking this bike apart was crazy.

Exactly why I paid my dealer to have their custom paint shop guys do my F6B...Brandywine Candy Red Clearcoat looks great...Costly, but well worth it to me as I have a one of a kind color, so to speak, at least around here...The factory red was not appealing to me, or my wife, so she agreed to the paint deal if she could pick the color.....Ride safe

buckeyeken47
01-03-2017, 02:44 AM
Brandywine Candy Red Clearcoat... pic please.

seadog
01-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Exactly why I bought a bike with a color I was happy with right from the start. So I didn't have to spend the money on a paint job. Just buying something because its a good deal and having to live with a color your not liking doesn't work. When it comes right down too it, if your not happy with the color your not happy with the machine. You always take better care of something that your happy with. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of Chrome! But I fixed that:clap2::clap2::clap2:4608

opas ride
01-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Brandywine Candy Red Clearcoat... pic please.

I'll will try to post a picture when I can get my son over to do so..I don't know how, sorry!!!

olegoat345
01-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Play around with your 'puter.
You'll figure it out.
If not, ask your kid or better yet your grandchild, these days they're born with a phone in their hand............... mine were.

opas ride
01-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Play around with your 'puter.
You'll figure it out.
If not, ask your kid or better yet your grandchild, these days they're born with a phone in their hand............... mine were.
Right on my friend, I have 16 Grandkids ranging in age from 20 to 2 and their are all smarter than me with this "high tech" stuff...I guess I am still and "old school" guy and see no need for this fancy, expensive, and generally useless gadgets!!!

buckeyeken47
01-03-2017, 06:43 PM
I find it kind of funny - I worked my entire life on high tech computer systems and I find most of the gadgets usless as well.

53driver
01-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Right on my friend, I have 16 Grandkids ranging in age from 20 to 2 and their are all smarter than me with this "high tech" stuff...I guess I am still and "old school" guy and see no need for this fancy, expensive, and generally useless gadgets!!!

I find it kind of funny - I worked my entire life on high tech computer systems and I find most of the gadgets useless as well.

I too have a strong computer background.
Been building them since 1983.
Got a BS in "Computer Science" and an MS in "Information Systems Management."

What I tell people?
These gadgets are merely tools - NOT a lifestyle.
When people treat them as a "got-to-have-or-I'll-die" kinda thing, that is completely out of line with the intent of technology.
IMH(AWI)O.

Cheers,
Steve

F6B1911
01-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Last year, I snapped this PIC of Opas Ride's F6B, hope this will do for now.

JMartin
01-03-2017, 09:20 PM
These gadgets are merely tools - NOT a lifestyle.

I like that.

D-Train
01-04-2017, 01:57 AM

Hi Jim, how long did it take you to get all of those painted parts off of your bike? I want the blue color, but if it's too much of a hassle getting it apart and back together then forget it! Thanks!

willtill
01-04-2017, 06:01 AM
Hi Jim, how long did it take you to get all of those painted parts off of your bike? I want the blue color, but if it's too much of a hassle getting it apart and back together then forget it! Thanks!

I bet it took 3 days. :shhh:

willtill
01-04-2017, 06:02 AM
Exactly why I bought a bike with a color I was happy with right from the start. So I didn't have to spend the money on a paint job. Just buying something because its a good deal and having to live with a color your not liking doesn't work. When it comes right down too it, if your not happy with the color your not happy with the machine. You always take better care of something that your happy with. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of Chrome! But I fixed that:clap2::clap2::clap2:25095

Seadog, with all due respect, I think the matte gray looks HORRIBLE with chrome. You've taken away the stealth factor and tried to turn it into a Harley. :nono:

willtill
01-04-2017, 06:05 AM
I find it kind of funny - I worked my entire life on high tech computer systems and I find most of the gadgets usless as well.

Concur,. Example: I still work in I.T. and have a company issued I-Phone. Use it only for texting and phone calls. Nothing else. Am not interested in all of the other apps available for it. Have no personal cell at all...

jkelley
01-04-2017, 06:18 AM
It takes the better part of a day to get it all apart.

3Chief
01-04-2017, 06:19 AM
Seadog, with all due respect, I think the matte gray looks HORRIBLE with chrome. You've taken away the stealth factor and tried to turn it into a Harley. :nono:

+1

willtill
01-04-2017, 06:20 AM

Had to be no beer involved if it only took one day :icon_lol:

shortleg0521
01-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Had to be no beer involved if it only took one day :icon_lol:

It really is not that hard, what you need a large supply of is patience !
Also a lot of plastic bags and a good marker.

stevenolts
01-04-2017, 09:15 AM
I like the chrome muffler!!!
I would love to have a nice paint job / but since I don't I just ride the hell out of mine and wash it to keep the dirt off me when I ride it.

I had a 68 Camaro that I was always wrecking when I was a kid so I just painted road warrior on the side and drove the hell out of it. It is so much fun to spit gravel everywhere get it all dirty and just have fun with it. I put 200,000 miles on it and had a blast.
Steve

Travelor
01-04-2017, 09:36 AM

Just a suggestion. You might want to assemble the two halves of the cowl (with the lights) back together PRIOR to attaching them to the bike. I am not talking about all the side pieces, just the two large pieces that hold the lights. Attaching the cowl halves to the bike individually makes it almost impossible to secure the two metal braces at the front of the cowl assembly. There will be lots of nasty words spoken if you don't (ask me how I know). It will take a helper to slide the assembled halves of the cowl into place. Beer is not recommended during this process.

D-Train
01-04-2017, 11:03 AM
+1

+2 :icon_doh:

D-Train
01-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Beer is not recommended during this process.

Man, up until that last sentence I thought you knew what you were doing! :icon_laugh:

opas ride
01-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Last year, I snapped this PIC of Opas Ride's F6B, hope this will do for now.

Mike, thanks for helping with the photo of my bike...Did not know you had one of the "old girl"....Regards and ride safe

98valk
01-04-2017, 11:58 AM

This isn't really practical; but someone would probably pay you for your blue painted parts. You could use that money towards getting their parts painted for your bike.

Just a shame to paint over that nice blue color. You could be painting over the more common red or black.

I like my black, just wish it was clear coated.

jim karp
01-04-2017, 01:16 PM

6 hours. I read the service manual prior so helped alot knowing the shortcuts

jim karp
01-04-2017, 01:18 PM
This isn't really practical; but someone would probably pay you for your blue painted parts. You could use that money towards getting their parts painted for your bike.

Just a shame to paint over that nice blue color. You could be painting over the more common red or black.

It only costs me materials. I do this stuff for a living, so no biggy. Blue is discusting. Going with Mercedez black , clear coated

jim karp
01-04-2017, 01:19 PM
It really is not that hard, what you need a large supply of is patience !
Also a lot of plastic bags and a good marker.

24 baggies to be exact.....lol

jim karp
01-04-2017, 01:22 PM

Very practical for me... Its what I do..Wanted a bike still in the crate but a 2015 and blue is all i could find within 500 miles.

jim karp
01-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Very practical for me... Its what I do..Wanted a bike still in the crate but a 2015 and blue is all i could find within 500 miles.

as you can see by my last f6b, i like black stuff

98valk
01-04-2017, 05:44 PM

You misunderstood. I didn't mean painting was impractical.
]
I was suggesting that someone might like your blue tupperware. You could trade with them and then paint theirs. A win-win situation. You make some money and they get blue tupperware.

That swapping of tupperware is what I was say is probably impractical. Someone would love to have your nice new blue tupperware. :banghead:

D-Train
01-04-2017, 10:24 PM
You misunderstood. I didn't mean painting was impractical.
]
I was suggesting that someone might like your blue tupperware. You could trade with them and then paint theirs. A win-win situation. You make some money and they get blue tupperware.

That swapping of tupperware is what I was say is probably impractical. Someone would love to have your nice new blue tupperware. :banghead:

Yeah, and that someone is ME!!!!! :banana:

jim karp, if you're interested in this possibility, let me know. I have a red 2013, and the tupperware is in good shape. :headbang:

JMartin
01-04-2017, 11:40 PM
Maybe we should start a Tupperware swap thread.... I really, really, really want white. But then who would want my red 2013 panels?

[On second thought... I don't really want the matte white... So maybe paint would be better].

JMartin
01-04-2017, 11:41 PM
On a side note... It only takes a couple hours to swap the panels on my smart car too. Same principle, plastic parts.

jim karp
01-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Yeah, and that someone is ME!!!!! :banana:

jim karp, if you're interested in this possibility, let me know. I have a red 2013, and the tupperware is in good shape. :headbang:

already in the booth, sorry