PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Time Again

terryboyle
01-04-2017, 10:46 AM
The good folks at TD Insurance have sent me my renewal package.
Reduced Medical and Rehab
Reduced Catastrophic injury coverage
No tickets, no accidents 44 years experience.
Raised the premium 16%

Anyone in the GTA have any suggestions for companies offering great rates?

GNW
01-04-2017, 11:59 AM
I do Dairyland. They had the cheapest $$ for me the last two years, ($236.00) for 2016.
Coverages - Don't remember right now.

opas ride
01-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Raised the premium 16%

Insurance rates vary so much in different parts of the county and elsewhere so it is really not worth looking for rates on this site...Your better off looking at rates in your local area and go with the "rip-off" company that works for you..I have seen rates vary from one state to another, and one company to another as much as $350/500 a year for the same coverage....Good luck and ride safe

53driver
01-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Not sure exactly how that matters, but I'm sure it DOES!!!

stroguy
01-04-2017, 12:17 PM
Why do you need those coverages? You have free healthcare as I understood. Do you need additional coverages?

opas ride
01-04-2017, 01:06 PM
I do Dairyland. They had the cheapest $$ for me the last two years, ($236.00) for 2016.
Coverages - Don't remember right now.
Have you ever tried to make a claim from them??...I understand they "suck"...Just saying!!!

bobo
01-04-2017, 01:13 PM
HI TERRY CHECK WITH DALTON TIMMIS THE PERSON I TALKED TO WAS IN HAMILTON ONTARIO MY RATE LAST YEAR WAS 1040.00$. I SWITCHED FROM TD PRIMMUM THERE RATE WAS 1640.00$ FULL COVERAGE WHICH WENT UP OVER 600.00$ FROM THE YEAR BEFORE. I HAVE ALL MY POLICIES WITH AVIVA WHICH GIVES ME SOME DISCOUNTS. HOPES THIS HELPS.

Bigcityd
01-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Raised the premium 16%

Terry,

I'm in Toronto. I'm with the CoOperators. They will do motorcycle insurance if you have your cage and home with them. Mine went down 10% this year.
My riding pals are with TD and Riders Plus. Worth a shot. Try Kanetix and see if they can shop you a cheaper rate.

G.

F6Dave
01-04-2017, 02:58 PM
I know it varies a lot, but for me in Colorado, Allstate is so much cheaper that one other agent said he'd rather not bother running a competitive quote. I pay $305 a year for full coverage on FOUR motorcycles.

GNW
01-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Have you ever tried to make a claim from them??...I understand they "suck"...Just saying!!!

No claims. Don't know just how they "suck".
:yikes:

terryboyle
01-04-2017, 04:47 PM
HI TERRY CHECK WITH DALTON TIMMIS THE PERSON I TALKED TO WAS IN HAMILTON ONTARIO MY RATE LAST YEAR WAS 1040.00$. I SWITCHED FROM TD PRIMMUM THERE RATE WAS 1640.00$ FULL COVERAGE WHICH WENT UP OVER 600.00$ FROM THE YEAR BEFORE. I HAVE ALL MY POLICIES WITH AVIVA WHICH GIVES ME SOME DISCOUNTS. HOPES THIS HELPS.

I wasn't even going to try Aviva (they have car and apartment).
Saving over $535 against the TD quote! That's a major savings in my world.
:cheers:

opas ride
01-04-2017, 04:48 PM
No claims. Don't know just how they "suck".
:yikes:

Not sure so don't quote me, but a couple guys on this board, and on my old Victory web-site, were very unhappy with Dairyland when they tried to get their bikes repaired after an accident as they would not settle the claims without a big hassle and were very demanding as to what dealer did the work, or so I am told.....Maybe they will work for you, who knows until you try!!....Ride safe

53driver
01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
I know it varies a lot, but for me in Colorado, Allstate is so much cheaper that one other agent said he'd rather not bother running a competitive quote. I pay $305 a year for full coverage on FOUR motorcycles.

I'm with Allstate also. But in FLorida, we have the "Miami" crowd that jacks our rates.
I'm paying $650/year, both bikes, $100k/$300k, towing, collision, etc, etc.

Cheers,
Steve

sharkey
01-04-2017, 09:46 PM
Check out American Modern Insurance Group out of Ohio. Yes rates vary by age, credit history, location, etc. but Ameriprise thru Costco handles our home and auto but they don't do cycles. They farm it out to Progressive at a reduced rate. When they quoted my 14 Interceptor, I about passed out.
AMIG.com was referred to by a member off Two Wheel Texan and when I called, I couldn't believe it. Both the Interceptor and the 13 FB6 are insured at $480/yr. and I live in a big city. Not a claim yet but their customer service so far has been stellar.

TripleDuck
01-05-2017, 07:19 AM
There are many variations state to state. Many years ago I learned a valuable lesson by changing agents as insuring 3x Ducati's was not at all inexpensive. By recommendation, I changed agents and saved ~$1200/year EVERYTHING else stayed the same including coverage AND policy number. My recommendation is to get on a regional web page and ask around.

stratochile
01-05-2017, 07:54 AM
Holy Crap!!!! I'm in wi and pay about 100 bucks a year through progressive....of course i have my auto and homeowners with them

3Chief
01-05-2017, 08:14 AM
I have 3 bikes, two are insured with State Farm and the other is with Farmers. Farmers no longer offers bike insurance unfortunately otherwise they'd all be with them. My Farmers is $260 something a year, I pay over $1K for the other two thru State Farm.

I've looked at a few others over the years:

1) Gieco - 15 minutes could quadruple my rates
2) American Family - Had a horrible agent, the one time I had a claim they fought tooth and nail to deny it
3) Progressive - Not enough difference to warrant changing from Farmers
4) Nationwide - Any place that classifies my stepdads 1980 HD FXWG as a sport bike and charges accordingly is nuts.

opas ride
01-05-2017, 10:40 AM
As I pointed out on an earlier post, don't waste your time trying to compare rates with others on the board...You cannot compare "apples with oranges"..Insurance rates are so different across this country it is impossible to get the same one as someone else...There are too many variables to consider...Find a rate you can live with in your part of the world and ride on!!!...Regards

lloydmoore1
01-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Check out Johnson Inc.
I have Unifund Assurance Company and they are very reasonable. I'm around 750 a year full coverage but keep in mind I'm in New Bruinswick.
Good Luck

wjduke
01-05-2017, 12:23 PM
As I pointed out on an earlier post, don't waste your time trying to compare rates with others on the board...You cannot compare "apples with oranges"..Insurance rates are so different across this country it is impossible to get the same one as someone else...There are too many variables to consider...Find a rate you can live with in your part of the world and ride on!!!...Regards

I agree...at least stay with another Canadian...prices there seem a lot higher.

53driver
01-05-2017, 01:03 PM
FWIW for those of you who put your money where your politics are: Progressive is just that - gave much $$$$$$$ to the Dem SuperPACs.

JMartin
01-05-2017, 01:39 PM
I have three cars and three bikes with Gieco.
Reasonable rates as far as I can tell... never needed to make a claim.

ReserveBum
01-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Geico in NY - Full coverage w/ $500 deductible and additional upgrades to standard Uninsured Motorist and Personal Injury Coverages. $266/yr. No claims yet so cant report on that aspect

stroguy
01-05-2017, 10:14 PM
FWIW for those of you who put your money where your politics are: Progressive is just that - gave much $$$$$$$ to the Dem SuperPACs.

Very anti-2A.

3Chief
01-06-2017, 02:28 AM
Interesting, never thought about that. I'll have to see where my insurance company stands....

valkmc
01-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Raised the premium 16%

Not sure about price but when I ran over a pallet on the interstate and did 5k worth of damage on my 6, progressive was very, very good. Had an estimate 2 days after dropping the bike at a dealer ship 6 hours from my house. Bike was dark side and both rims and tires were replaced and they did not care there was a CT mounted on the rear. They replaced it with a new OEM tire. When Honda could not provide a new final drive the adjuster said do what you have to to get back on the road, if the dealership is ok with the part you find we are ok with it. Super easy to deal with and I had a check 10 days after the accident. Easy to contact, if they didn't answer the phone they called back the same day. I pay about $350 for full coverage including add ons.