PDA

View Full Version : Honda NM4

Davidk
01-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Anyone seen the NM4? Looks cool, but I have never seen one in person.

tiltingf6b
01-08-2017, 04:51 PM

much like a scooter to me - cool automatic tranny if you wish - kinda long reach for a short person - hard ride poor suspension and air management - very little actual storage - built more to appeal to the twenty something crowd who grew up on transformer movies. Honda is having more trouble selling the NM4's than F6C's

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-08-2017, 06:17 PM
http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/07/24/2016-honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-adventure-motorcycle-review-photos-specifications-new-details-released

The new African Twin is catching my eye. Looks like a kick butt dual sport. Maybe I'm just missing the off road stuff.

willtill
01-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Africa Twin is a very tall bike, I had difficulty trying to swing a leg over it, to mount it.

stroguy
01-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Africa Twin is a very tall bike, I had difficulty trying to swing a leg over it, to mount it.

I just sat on an AT yesterday waiting for my rear tire install to finish. It is tall for sure. I also sat on a gorgeous blue FJR. That was a comfortable seat. I want to take an FJR out for a ride.

JMartin
01-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I could really do the Africa Twin... it's the updated version of my old Trans Alp. (I miss that bike).

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-08-2017, 08:06 PM
I just sat on an AT yesterday waiting for my rear tire install to finish. It is tall for sure. I also sat on a gorgeous blue FJR. That was a comfortable seat. I want to take an FJR out for a ride.

One item in the article I read in MC news, said the seat had some built in adjustment that allow a lower stance and center of gravity.

willtill
01-08-2017, 09:09 PM
One item in the article I read in MC news, said the seat had some built in adjustment that allow a lower stance and center of gravity.

Yes, stock seat height is 34" and it lowers to 33"

My inseam is 30" so I would have to mount it by stepping of the right peg (with my right foot) as it's on it's sidestand, and then swing my left leg over. Same way as I currently mount my DR650

jm21ddd15
01-08-2017, 09:10 PM
http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/07/24/2016-honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-adventure-motorcycle-review-photos-specifications-new-details-released

The new African Twin is catching my eye. Looks like a kick butt dual sport. Maybe I'm just missing the off road stuff.

It's highly rated in the "big" dual-sport class. That being said, don't plan on doing much real "dirt" riding, as this bike has too much weight to be a serious off road machine. Great for gravel roads, fire break trails, etc, but you won't like it when you have to stand it back up, out in the woods, or in a swampy area, especially when riding alone. If I traveled dirt or gravel roads, it would work perfect. However, each to their own choice.

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-08-2017, 09:25 PM
It's highly rated in the "big" dual-sport class. That being said, don't plan on doing much real "dirt" riding, as this bike has too much weight to be a serious off road machine. Great for gravel roads, fire break trails, etc, but you won't like it when you have to stand it back up, out in the woods, or in a swampy area, especially when riding alone. If I traveled dirt or gravel roads, it would work perfect. However, each to their own choice.

I can apprecuate it's limitations however, the idea that I could blast up and down some remote roads and haul asz on the pavement, still intrigues me.

Just conversation without the personal touch.

D-Train
01-09-2017, 01:03 AM

And I thought the Victory Vision was ugly! This bike takes the cake in the weird looking bike category! :wrong:

willtill
01-09-2017, 06:34 AM
And I thought the Victory Vision was ugly! This bike takes the cake in the weird looking bike category! :wrong:

Instead of the Honda engineering and deign departments crafting these off looking bikes; why don't they listen to the consumer collective of their products and redesign/enhance the present lineup with what's needed?