PDA

View Full Version : Replace saddle bag reflectors with LED

buckeyeken47
01-08-2017, 06:57 PM
I am thinking of replacing my saddle bag reflectors with a LED. Specifically I am looking at this light at WingStuff.

http://wingstuff.com/products/36639-red-led-lighted-reflector?context=lights_electrical-gl1800_1st_gen

My concern is that this light mounts with self-adhesive tape. The saddle bags are not a flat surface so I'm wondering if the tape mounting will work. I'd like to hear from anyone who used this product on the saddle bags. Pictures of exactly where they were mounted would be helpful

JMartin
01-08-2017, 07:30 PM
On the F6B, the Saddlebag Reflectors appear to be two parts:

One piece makes up for the curvature of the body, and the other is a flat reflector.

The Dimensions of that reflector are shown below (about 2-3/4 x 1-1/2 inches).

25141 25140
If I were to do this, I would want to replace only the reflector portion, and the dimensions of that light on Wingstuff do not appear to work (too wide x not tall enough).
I think I'd find a LED that would fit the dimensions of that backing piece, there's got to be something out there in LED land somewhere.

Just thinkin' out loud here.

Jim

Steve 0080
01-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Get a big screw driver and "pop" them off...done. Do not use some type of solvent to get the tape to let go...Don't ask me how I know. Wiring is easy, jump into the wires on the rear of the bike under the rear cowling with wire taps. You will have to drill a hole in the saddle bag to get the wire thru. When locating the hole do this from the INSIDE so you can get the hole in the same location. Look up the original thread. There may be more info...