PDA

View Full Version : Bike Toberfest Daytona Florida

Steve 0080
09-29-2013, 09:56 PM
http://biketoberfest.org/?gclid=CPaIy6-O8rkCFUhk7AodWW8Apw October 17 - 20

I will be at the Cracker Barrel on S.R. 92 at the track, at 9:00 am for a meet and greet and breakfast....if anyone can try to come by....

On Wednesday, the 16th I will be at the Orange County Convention Center... http://www.aimexpousa.com/AIME/AIMExpo.aspx to check out the 2014 Models !!!

dickiedeals
09-30-2013, 05:39 AM

I will be at the Cracker Barrel on S.R. 92 at the track, at 9:00 am for a meet and greet and breakfast....if anyone can try to come by....

On Wednesday, the 16th I will be at the Orange County Convention Center... http://www.aimexpousa.com/AIME/AIMExpo.aspx to check out the 2014 Models !!! I'm going to try and be there. I'll be riding the Dragon on the 19th for several days. Maybe I'll make the Expo on the 16th. Dickie

contek
09-30-2013, 07:54 PM

On Wednesday, the 16th I will be at the Orange County Convention Center... http://www.aimexpousa.com/AIME/AIMExpo.aspx to check out the 2014 Models !!!

Steve, I'll be there thursday afternoon and friday. Which day are you gonna be there?

Steve 0080
09-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Both....but breakfast only on Friday....

Big Dawg
10-02-2013, 01:43 PM
My son Skip and I will be there since you are offering to buy our breakfast. Thanks!

Cool Hand Luke
10-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I plan on making it Friday morning! I'm riding down Thursday afternoon from SC, usually I stay in St. Augustine and make a ride to Daytona in the mornings.

I'm looking forward to seeng new Indians, and I want to add more lights to my F6B like Steve has in fairing front 'pockets'.

contek
10-02-2013, 09:22 PM

Cool. I'll see you there Friday at 9.

Steve 0080
10-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Big Dawg.....Yes I will !!!!

Big Dawg
10-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Hey, I think that Hornblower is going to come to Savannah Thursday afternoon and ride to Daytona with us! We plan on leaving Savannah around 3:30 in the afternoon and head for Daytona. He will join us for breakfast too. I am already getting hongry just thinking about it. Where is everyone staying?

Hornblower
10-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Yep, that's my plan right now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the guys I met in Franklin and meeting some new F6B riders. This will be a fairly quick trip for me unfortunately since I have to be back in NC for a Saturday evening gig but we'll make the most of it while we're there. Everyone, ride safe!

dgman2
10-11-2013, 05:58 AM

Nice... I'll be there also :-)

Steve 0080
10-11-2013, 08:23 AM
The more the better !!!!!! Looks like it may take more than two tables !!!!!! Any thoughts of what to do after breakfast ???

I should have some patches by then as well,,,,, then after Bike fest...I will post on here again !!!!

Big Dawg
10-11-2013, 08:46 AM
The more the better !!!!!! Looks like it may take more than two tables !!!!!! Any thoughts of what to do after breakfast ???

I should have some patches by then as well,,,,, then after Bike fest...I will post on here again !!!!

Here is a suggestion:

Boardwalk Classic Bike Show
Event Happens: Oct 18, 2013
The best show at the beach! You've got to visit this location to see these one of a kind, gorgeous bikes in this beautiful beachfront setting. 10/18 from 9AM to 4PM.Registration from 8AM to 11AM. Show begins at 11AM. $500 first place, over 60 trophies. Enter Boardwalk Bike Show via special access at the cross street of Main Street and Ocean Avenue. Info: (386) 253-0254.

Cool Hand Luke
10-11-2013, 10:18 AM

Boardwalk bike show sounds great. How about a small ride afterwards? We can go to Destination Daytona by the way of Loop and pay Ultimate Seats a visit!

Big Dawg
10-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Looks like all the vendors are either going to be at the Speedway or Destination Daytona. They are also having some demo rides too, just not sure who is offering them.

The loop is nice, and there is a great seaside restaurant just a couple miles north on AIA from Highbridge road (part of the loop) It is called High tides @ Snack Jacks.

Steve 0080
10-11-2013, 01:55 PM
High Tides is excellant...cash only... or Martins a llittle bit futher North for the prime rib fans...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34221-d1070396-Reviews-Martins_Restaurant_Lounge-Flagler_Beach_Florida.html

They are both very good.....

Big Dawg
10-11-2013, 02:33 PM
High Tides is excellant...cash only... or Martins a llittle bit futher North for the prime rib fans...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34221-d1070396-Reviews-Martins_Restaurant_Lounge-Flagler_Beach_Florida.html

They are both very good.....

I say to hell with the fish sammich, let's eat a chunk of beef!
Another favorite place of mine is Down the Hatch at Ponce Inlet, Yumm

Steve 0080
10-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Jimmy, if you like prime rib the only place better than Martins is my wife's prime rib !!! I have taken many members of this and other boards to Martins and everyone was very happy....

1951vbs
10-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Been to Daytona for bike week and biketoberfest over 20 times and my favorite is the Ocean Deck on the water at the end of main street. Down stairs. Not fancy but good music, good food and salt air?

Cool Hand Luke
10-12-2013, 06:32 AM
Too much posting about eating, how about riding!

edgeman55
10-12-2013, 10:24 AM

My motto.:clap2::icon_lol:

Cool Hand Luke
10-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Figures...

Unfortunately I mostly ride alone too...

edgeman55
10-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Figures...

Unfortunately I mostly ride alone too...

Not looking for a "Chick" as I am married to a great women.She does not ride or like to ride.So yea I'm a lone wolf when it comes to my bike.Great roads to a great place to eat is a joy IMHO.

52edub
10-12-2013, 06:49 PM
All of you guys looking at AIMExpo better check the schedule. I believe consumers (us) will only be allowed inside from Friday afternoon on. Outside is a different matter as there should be demo bikes and a off road track. I hope to see some F6 riders around Daytona next week. Cheers.

Cool Hand Luke
10-12-2013, 07:11 PM
WOW, YOU ARE RIGHT! Just checked the website and public is only allowed from Friday afternoon and later! Oh well, leaving one day earlier for Daytona Bikeweek is a good thing anyway...

Steve 0080
10-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Just gave away my tickets...what total B.S. sure not advertised that way here !

bobbyf6b
10-12-2013, 10:59 PM

My motto.:clap2::icon_lol:

That's awesome! (the motto and where it's located)

Is it a sticker or engraved? :icon_mrgreen:

edgeman55
10-13-2013, 03:16 PM
That's awesome! (the motto and where it's located)

Is it a sticker or engraved? :icon_mrgreen:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?72-COCKPIT-F6B-EMBLEM

Bobby I ordered this from a guy on this link.He has not posted for a while but you could PM him for info.It fits where the goldwing eblem was looks stock and he can do anything you want to say there.

dgman2
10-14-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey, I think that Hornblower is going to come to Savannah Thursday afternoon and ride to Daytona with us! We plan on leaving Savannah around 3:30 in the afternoon and head for Daytona. He will join us for breakfast too. I am already getting hongry just thinking about it. Where is everyone staying?

Staying in Palm Coast. Im here already (my wife and I). We arrived Sunday evening. Rainy weather today, started this afternoon. We're hoping it gets better. See Y'all Friday at 9am.

Steve 0080
10-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Getting closer....time to see some new old friends !!!!!

Cool Hand Luke
10-15-2013, 06:36 PM

I am leaving for Bikeweek tomorrow morning from Orangeburg, SC with three friends, two on GW and one on BMW RT. We will stay in St. Augustine Beach at Americas Best Motel, across the street from Oasis (famous biker restaurant, excellent breakfast). I'm not sure if I can make it Thursday morning, but I am definitely planning for Friday morning breakfast to meet everyone. If my friends want to come I will invite them too. We plan on staying in Orlando for the AIM Expo Saturday, then riding home Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Picture above is yours truly at Daytona Bikeweek in March 2013.

Phantom
10-16-2013, 07:33 AM
It appears that there will be a good size group attending breakfast :icon_cool::yes:

Someone take photos !!!

dickiedeals
10-16-2013, 09:02 AM
I'll be ridding up Friday for the Breakfast. Looking forward to meeting you guys. It will be nice to put faces to posts. Dickie:lolup:

Mustangjake
10-16-2013, 04:29 PM
I will be leaving about 6 am from hudson fl. It's about 130 miles but Traffic will suck !
I have plans for 2 more if they show up.

Steve 0080
10-16-2013, 11:07 PM
WOW!!! I am not sure you can get to Daytona from Hudson.........take 50 E to I-4 get off on 92 in Daytona and you are there!!!

Three hours will be close...dpends on what shape I-4 will be in...... See ya there!!!!

Mustangjake
10-17-2013, 02:15 PM
the good part about living in Hudson is nobody knows where you live.
the bad part about living in Hudson is you gotta go somewhere else before you can get anywhere.

firetech
10-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Finally got signed back up to the forum again. :clap2:
I'll see ya at the Cracker Barrel Friday, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Steve 0080
10-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Here is a crazy Video from the Loop in Daytona on Thur 17 I had my tow rope out but no one tried to ski !!!! A friend was trying to run Vid from I Phone while following !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkXEhhnVd2M

Steve 0080
10-17-2013, 10:03 PM
The original " Bat Bike " on the show room floor of Beach St, Harley Davidison....

Steve 0080
10-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Stopped by the Indian dealer on Beach St in Daytona...... ALL the Indians ( 10 ) were sold and over heard a salesman say there was a 3 - 4 week wait on new bikes !!! The Indian looks to be making a come back !!!

bobbyf6b
10-17-2013, 10:36 PM
What's "the loop" in Daytona?

Cool Hand Luke
10-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Stopped by the Indian dealer on Beach St in Daytona...... ALL the Indians ( 10 ) were sold and over heard a salesman say there was a 3 - 4 week wait on new bikes !!! The Indian looks to be making a come back !!!

I was there today too! I also demoed the Indian Chief, loved it, rids great! It just might be my next cruiser!

We live in such a great age for motorcycling when a startup company's first model is that good! I know they had plenty of experience with Victory's, but Indian in my opinion rides better than Victory's I tried!

See y'all tomorrow!

Steve 0080
10-18-2013, 05:54 AM
The Loop , is a scenic ride thru old Florida. Marking the inter coastal, marsh lands,an Old Sugar Plantation and a State Park along a canopy of trees ,that line the road for around 20 miles...you can get "off" and go to Destination Daytona, on the West side or get off on the East side and ride A1A up the coast paralleling the beach...in the summer it is usually about 15' cooler....

http://www.daytonachamber.com/enbw/loop.htm

Cool Hand Luke
10-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Flagler Beach at 9am on Thursday. Beautiful morning! Love riding on A1A from St. Augustine to Daytona.

bobbyf6b
10-18-2013, 11:17 AM
The Loop , is a scenic ride thru old Florida. Marking the inter coastal, marsh lands,an Old Sugar Plantation and a State Park along a canopy of trees ,that line the road for around 20 miles...you can get "off" and go to Destination Daytona, on the West side or get off on the East side and ride A1A up the coast paralleling the beach...in the summer it is usually about 15' cooler....

http://www.daytonachamber.com/enbw/loop.htm

Thanks Steve, looks really cool. I followed the route on google maps.

Steve 0080
10-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Everyone arrived safe in Daytona....8 F6B's and Jimmy and his Son Skip on their bikes....we had a big breakfast and sat around telling stories...we finally gave the waitress back her table and moved out side for some picture taking....we all went our separate ways, myself and Jimmy and Skip went to the track and watched a race....I ended up leaving those two and met the Salesman who sold me my Bushtec trailer.....he got into my pocket again !!!!! I ordered a stand that we allow the trailer to be stored vertically..... I then met up with Todd and Ken for dinner at Martins...Big Dawg ( Jimmy was bring a friend and the friend had bike trouble), so they did not make it....the prime rib was out standing as usual ....we split up and I headed home to pack for the trip to Cedar Key !!!

Phantom
10-18-2013, 10:40 PM
:Saweeet smilie:

dgman2
10-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Hello there guys,

Just a quick note to express my appreciation to Steve for getting us together for the Daytona breakfast. I enjoyed meeting you guys, and regret the fact that time did not allow for all of us us to get better acquainted. I also want to give special thanks to Cool hand Luke for offering to guide us through the loop like he did. Sure, I could have figured it out, but it was really a treat to just follow someone who's been there before without keeping track of where i'm going. I'm looking forward to another opportunity to get together. The bad side of this meet is that now I'm going to spend more money after seeing some of the nice accessories y'all have on your bikes :icon_lol:. Also, thank you for posting pics, Steve.

HogSlayer
10-19-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm moving to Florida when I retire for the second time! I loved riding all year when
I was stationed at Cape Canaveral and I wanted to stay but the airforce made me move.
Thanks for sharing the pics and info :icon_biggrin:

Cool Hand Luke
10-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Just wanted to say it was great meeting everyone! I enjoyed our little group ride afterwards, and some of us ended up having lunch later together. Great time!

Steve, thanks for organizing! I also passed you today (Saturday) on my way from Ozello Trail Road (regarded as the twistiest road in Florida) to Cedar Key! I like your trailer!

Looking forward to riding together again!

Big Dawg
10-20-2013, 01:07 AM
We made it home and missed the rain tonight. Nice meeting with everyone. Thanks Steve. It was a pleasure, my friend.

MichaelG
10-20-2013, 06:44 AM
We made it home and missed the rain tonight. Nice meeting with everyone. Thanks Steve. It was a pleasure, my friend.

So, Jimmy, you now got to meet my older Brother :icon_wink: from Washington State.Of course I am speaking of Dale. He just had to buy one of those Red bikes, but...he is a damn fine rider, and between he and I...we will always represent the Great Pacific Northwest when you folks have these F6B gatherings down in the Southeast. It is ironic...that Dale just happens to be the one guy that actually lives closest to me...about 10 miles between our houses, and he too had his bike backed into (on this trip), and....... while he is a low-down, dirty rotten, turkey trotten, maggot eaten, flea bitten, sewer pipin' saggy sack of south siberian sheep shit all because he torn my bike into a million pieces in his shop...then he proceeds to ride down to Florida without me...laughing all the way :icon_mrgreen: while he pours on the miles..............I still have mad respect for Dale........and not only because my bike is being held hostage in his shop :icon_rolleyes:

Jimmy I hope that someday you ghet a chance to ride with Dale, as the guy knows how to ride. :icon_cool:

Hornblower
10-20-2013, 06:54 AM
I'd like to chime in and say thanks to 0080 for planning the breakfast meet. Also, Steve, great dinner suggestion at Martins. You didn't oversell the prime rib, yum:clap2: That place will be on my to do list the next time I'm down that way.

What is it about F6B guys? The really old commercial used to say, "You meet the nicest guys on a Honda". Well, that applies double to F6B guys:icon_biggrin:
It was great seeing some "Franklin" friends and meeting some new guys as well.

Thanks also to Big Dawg and Skip for the company on the way down. I've got to remind myself not to try too hard to stay on Big Dawg's six when we hit the curves. It's so hilarious...that father and son team go just like anybody else on the straights but when a curve comes up...WOT:shock: I love it!

The Franklin rally next year ought to be a blast. By then, several of us will be old friends. In my case, really old:icon_rolleyes: Take care and ride safe!

52edub
10-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I saw three F6B riders while at Daytona. One guy passed me and honked going south on I-95 on Wednesday and I saw a guy getting some pin stripping at a booth at the raceway. Then riding north on I-95 saw another. It could have been the same guy I saw on Wednesday had a black F6B with day glow green helmet. The weather was overly hot for me and I live in Virginia. Did visit Corbin for some seat adjustment.

Big Dawg
10-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I'd like to chime in and say thanks to 0080 for planning the breakfast meet. Also, Steve, great dinner suggestion at Martins. You didn't oversell the prime rib, yum:clap2: That place will be on my to do list the next time I'm down that way.

What is it about F6B guys? The really old commercial used to say, "You meet the nicest guys on a Honda". Well, that applies double to F6B guys:icon_biggrin:
It was great seeing some "Franklin" friends and meeting some new guys as well.

Thanks also to Big Dawg and Skip for the company on the way down. I've got to remind myself not to try too hard to stay on Big Dawg's six when we hit the curves. It's so hilarious...that father and son team go just like anybody else on the straights but when a curve comes up...WOT:shock: I love it!

The Franklin rally next year ought to be a blast. By then, several of us will be old friends. In my case, really old:icon_rolleyes: Take care and ride safe!

I hate that we missed Martins. Skip and I were staying with a good friend over on the beach (even if he does ride a harley) As we were getting ready to head up to St Augustine his Harley broke down. By the time I got the bike fixed for him it was too late for meeting you guys.

Ken, like I have mentioned many times, The curves are where all the fun is. It is easy and boring to ride fast in a straight line, It is fun and challenging to ride a bike fast in the corners!

Big Dawg
10-20-2013, 02:56 PM
So, Jimmy, you now got to meet my older Brother :icon_wink: from Washington State.Of course I am speaking of Dale. He just had to buy one of those Red bikes, but...he is a damn fine rider, and between he and I...we will always represent the Great Pacific Northwest when you folks have these F6B gatherings down in the Southeast. It is ironic...that Dale just happens to be the one guy that actually lives closest to me...about 10 miles between our houses, and he too had his bike backed into (on this trip), and....... while he is a low-down, dirty rotten, turkey trotten, maggot eaten, flea bitten, sewer pipin' saggy sack of south siberian sheep shit all because he torn my bike into a million pieces in his shop...then he proceeds to ride down to Florida without me...laughing all the way :icon_mrgreen: while he pours on the miles..............I still have mad respect for Dale........and not only because my bike is being held hostage in his shop :icon_rolleyes:

Jimmy I hope that someday you ghet a chance to ride with Dale, as the guy knows how to ride. :icon_cool:

Miles,

Dale and I hit it off right away. I was impressed with him an it is easy to recognize that he is a RIDER. We talked a good bit about all the drama he is having trying to get all the electrical problems sorted out on your bike. As good of friends as you guys are, I figured he would have just loaned you a bike to ride over here on. I hope you are healing up nicely and they we get to ride together again real soon.

Cool Hand Luke
10-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I found these on the web, it is several in our group ride on the Loop. These are free samples hence 'proof' on them.

Big Dawg
10-20-2013, 04:20 PM
How about this ugly mug????

Cool Hand Luke
10-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Couple of more pics I took...

2695. 2696

Cool Hand Luke
10-20-2013, 05:19 PM
I saw this 2012 Goldwing at Destination Daytona converted into F6B. It also has a Corbin seat. I think it would look a lot better if side panels were painted black instead of gray/silver.

Steve 0080
10-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Enjoyed Daytona and all it has to offer..... picked up Mama and headed to Cedar Key for the Seafood Fest...did not know there was a crafts show there as welll... ( note to self: do not take trailer to a crafts fair )

Had another couple with us and had a great time....spent the night in Crystal River, Fl. Had dinner at, http://www2.codysoriginalroadhouse.com/index.cfm and it was great as usual... hit the pool and headed to bed.

Got up to a Continental Breakfast, and headed to Crystal River Harley for my friend to look for his next bike.... Ran into a guy " Gunner " riding a F6B, told him about our site and he said he would give it a look...A great weekend !!!

Steve 0080
10-20-2013, 06:52 PM
When and where will the next " Meeting " be ???

Big Dawg
10-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Yes sir, what a great bunch of guys, I'm proud to be associated with all of you!

Cheers

Big Dawg
10-21-2013, 08:39 PM

Sparky,

anyone who has ridden on the Daytona Speedway would be considered a RIDER in my book. Dale admitted to me that he had. I'm sure he can muscle the big girl around a corner too. Maybe you can talk him into coming to Franklin with you Next Labor Day. We should plan a day ride so I can show ya'll some of the not so famous roads up there.

MichaelG
10-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Sparky,

anyone who has ridden on the Daytona Speedway would be considered a RIDER in my book. Dale admitted to me that he had. I'm sure he can muscle the big girl around a corner too. Maybe you can talk him into coming to Franklin with you Next Labor Day. We should plan a day ride so I can show ya'll some of the not so famous roads up there.

Big Dawg, that is my plan...to try to get Dale, and maybe Kevin to ride out to Franklin with me next year, and maybe go to Killington, VT either on the way to Franklin, or on the way back home, after Franklin. Then, I would like to see us all ride back down there again, for the Daytona Oktoberfest Breakfast.