ERGO III issues.

Thread: ERGO III issues.

ERGO III issues.

So I pulled the center bolt out and pulled off the ERGO IIIs so I could get to the plugs. PUtting them back on, they won't align the same way so they had the give and ratchet lock feel. I pulled down the instructions and they talk about a helix alignment, etc. I see the "peak" in the cap, but nothing seems to lock when I just hand fit it in. When I tighten the bolt in, it just locks tight for a bit then eventually the highway pegs just start moving again. If I uber tighten, it will destroy the washers inside. Ask me how I know. lol

Any suggestions? Seems it should be a simple thing, but something does not seem aligned quite right, but if I try to feel my way around the cap and catch, nothing catches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Hi, I'm not sure exactly what the issue is but perhaps my previous issue will help you identify yours. I noticed one day that my Ergo III's would push all the way to the ground instead of coming to a stop at the fully extended position. After tightening the bolt, they would simply push right back down to the ground. upon further inspection I found that the slotted ring inside that engages the arm had completely sheared itself free from the base. I would remove the bolt and attempt to remove or pull out the Cast Chrome looking slotted ring (looks sorta like a gear). If it spins or you notice movement then like me, you probably have a damaged mounting face. mine appeared to be fine at first but after removing it, it broke into 4 pieces in my hand. K-yakin was very helpful in getting a replacement and I haven't had any issues since. Hope this helps, or that you have a less severe problem. Smiles and rides!
    2015 Blue F6B Deluxe, Mods: Bagger shield, Heli Bars, Garmin ZUMO, Beverage Butler, LED HIs/Lows, Pathfinder Switchbacks, Smoked Lenses. Kury Ergo IIIs, Iso foot rests, Transformer Passenger floor boards, Reflector replacement Lights, Trailer Isolation harness, Iso Grips, Smart Mount Backrest, Luggage rack, Homemade Lightning Strike, TBR Exhaust, ADD ON Hitch, Healtech Brake flasher, J&M upgraded speakers. K&N Air filter, LED Accent lights, Custom flag bar, Tritium Led Fog lights, Air Wings...