F6B prices tanking - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: F6B prices tanking

JimmyTee,
    Two more questions. What speakers/brackets are you using on the rear and is the audio wiring already under the seat for the rear speakers? Did you notice a considerable amount of more sound? Great looking bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Actually it is a 2000 also with '97 tins on it. The guy I bought it from years ago had a 97 and this 2000 which he swapped paint. I did have a 98 before this one . It was a blue and white.

No I test rode a 14 Valkyrie before I bought my F6B. Loved the ride, but just didn't make sense when I wanted stereo ,bags and other things. Love my F6B. Attachment 25295

Attachment 25296

Attachment 25297
    Ah yes, I've done my share of swapping out tins too!

http://dwelch.cocc-cis.com/roadie.html

Of course buying all new tins instead of painting is more expensive, but I'm glad I did it on my Road Star. I don't recall what I paid for them ($1500?) or what I did with the old tins.

I'm also interested to know what you did with your F6B fairing. Looks great!

The fairing bit was my fist attempt into using wrap material. I used some good quality carbon fiber wrap material.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I just bought an F6B, Hoepefully at a fair price.

I just picked up a new 2015 F6B Deluxe for $15,000 with no added dealer fees. Hopefully this was a decent deal. I think that its a lot of motorcycle for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavalk View Post
    I just picked up a new 2015 F6B Deluxe for $15,000 with no added dealer fees. Hopefully this was a decent deal. I think that its a lot of motorcycle for the money.
    It is. They are listing around the country right now in the 16.5-18 range with some wiggle room in that so 15 w/o added fees is good. More importantly it is well designed, well equipped bike easily capable of 100,000 miles plus and carrying a 3 year, unlimited milage warenty. If travel is your thing, there is not a better bike or better deal to be had. The Kings and Sprinfgfields I was looking at recently would be an easy 6-8 more and that's before you start looking at the very expensive accessory catalog.
    "some journeys continue long after movement in time & space have ceased"- Steinbeck

We're Not Alone

I just read that there is a glut of used cars (and trucks) nationwide, and those prices are tanking, too. Used cars depreciated 23% last year, compared to a long term average of 18%.

Every bike I've ever owned depreciated a lot. My old (1988) BMW airhead has fared the best. The drop we're seeing in our slow-selling F6Bs doesn't seem at all out of line to me. I bought the F6B because it's an incredible motorcycle, well worth what I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavalk View Post
    Absolutely the best deal on the market now...A terrific bike that does just about everything one would want and need..Maybe a different windshield, or seat, but well worth the great prices now avaibable....I wish I would have paid that low of a price for my 2013 Deluxe, but then I have enjoyed 3 years of fabulous riding!!....Regards