Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
I just purchased a new '13 red leftover F6B standard for $13k in January '16. My only hesitation about the purchase is I just had a local dealer email me an offer for a '15 Matte Silver Deluxe for $15,495. I could've bought a bike 2 model years newer with cruise and the best color IMO that Honda offered for $2500 more. This same dealer was firm at $15,995 two weeks ago and would not budge on price.
Like many of you, I bought my F6B to ride and enjoy and knew when I picked it up I just threw $2500-$3000 away as far as resale value. It's even more depressing to see these bikes on Ebay with <5000 miles and no bids at $10,500 or $11,000. Hopefully, the value will increase a little when riding season gets back into full swing.
My next toy that I'm considering to add with the F6B??? Check out the listing below and see how much this $100k R&D bike has tanked. I think these bikes were fetching $25k-$30k$ new and actually went up over that number when they were discontinued. Some crazy deals to be had out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Honda-V...m=262815219370

How did you "throw away" $2500 in resale value if you would have paid $2500 more to buy the '15 model?

Maybe the other dealer dropped the price due to an allowance from Honda. But either way, you apparently could not have bought at the lower price on the day you bought your '13.

As far as the Rune, they are very cool but I doubt many owners would tell you they were a slam dunk investment winner.

If you are already concerned over resale 2 weeks after buying, maybe you chose the wrong model of motorcycle, and not just the year of production.

Hope you can enjoy your F6B.