F6B prices tanking - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F6B prices tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I think the F6B will be like the original Valkyrie. Honda will quit making them because of lack of demand then after a few years their value will stabilize and even rise as people realize that it is a great motorcycle. I owned three of the original Valkyries and if I manage to wear out this F6B (doubtful) I will find a low mileage used one to replace it.

I consider the F6B to be the best motorcycle I have ever owned and I personally don't worry about what the value of it is. I just plan to keep riding and enjoying it.
    I am choosing to ride my Valkyrie today. High of 70 in January. It's my second Valkyrie, got her set up pretty nice. I feel pretty much the same way with the F6B as you described, but if Honda does something really cool with the new Gold Wing I ain't promising nothing.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

All the money

Prices are only that low if your willing to part with it. I wouldn't part with this bike for that low a dollar for love or money. This one is a keeper and the last motorcycle I will buy as in my opinion there is nothing that I think is better for the money. This 2015 Deluxe is by far the nicest motorcycle for the money on the planet. I have had a lot of good motorcycles but this one is a great motorcycle and it is just my humble opinion that its the best one I have ever owned.

I'd give up my wife before my F6B! Just like others have said it only matters if you plan on selling her (F6B) I plan on .5 million miles with her.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I just purchased a new '13 red leftover F6B standard for $13k in January '16. My only hesitation about the purchase is I just had a local dealer email me an offer for a '15 Matte Silver Deluxe for $15,495. I could've bought a bike 2 model years newer with cruise and the best color IMO that Honda offered for $2500 more. This same dealer was firm at $15,995 two weeks ago and would not budge on price.
    Like many of you, I bought my F6B to ride and enjoy and knew when I picked it up I just threw $2500-$3000 away as far as resale value. It's even more depressing to see these bikes on Ebay with <5000 miles and no bids at $10,500 or $11,000. Hopefully, the value will increase a little when riding season gets back into full swing.
    My next toy that I'm considering to add with the F6B??? Check out the listing below and see how much this $100k R&D bike has tanked. I think these bikes were fetching $25k-$30k$ new and actually went up over that number when they were discontinued. Some crazy deals to be had out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Honda-V...m=262815219370

Considering the comfort this bike gives my wife and I, and the proven reliability of the Goldwing platform. I can't see parting with mine for a very, very long time. My main longterm goal would be custom paint. Resale value is the least of my worries, and I have another bike if I feel the need to act like a hooligan. Though my trusty Bandit has gotten very few rides since the "Death Bat" has come into my life.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
    I just purchased a new '13 red leftover F6B standard for $13k in January '16. My only hesitation about the purchase is I just had a local dealer email me an offer for a '15 Matte Silver Deluxe for $15,495. I could've bought a bike 2 model years newer with cruise and the best color IMO that Honda offered for $2500 more. This same dealer was firm at $15,995 two weeks ago and would not budge on price.
    Like many of you, I bought my F6B to ride and enjoy and knew when I picked it up I just threw $2500-$3000 away as far as resale value. It's even more depressing to see these bikes on Ebay with <5000 miles and no bids at $10,500 or $11,000. Hopefully, the value will increase a little when riding season gets back into full swing.
    My next toy that I'm considering to add with the F6B??? Check out the listing below and see how much this $100k R&D bike has tanked. I think these bikes were fetching $25k-$30k$ new and actually went up over that number when they were discontinued. Some crazy deals to be had out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Honda-V...m=262815219370

How did you "throw away" $2500 in resale value if you would have paid $2500 more to buy the '15 model?

Maybe the other dealer dropped the price due to an allowance from Honda. But either way, you apparently could not have bought at the lower price on the day you bought your '13.

As far as the Rune, they are very cool but I doubt many owners would tell you they were a slam dunk investment winner.

If you are already concerned over resale 2 weeks after buying, maybe you chose the wrong model of motorcycle, and not just the year of production.

Hope you can enjoy your F6B.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Definitely bought the right model. I looked at used F6B's before buying the new one. I was just stating that I knew when I signed the paperwork if I were to sell the bike the next day it would be a $2500 loss. As for the ''15 model, I'm saying I would've paid $2500 more to get the matte silver and cruise control plus a two year newer bike. My only hesitation is that I bought too quick and if I would've waited a couple more weeks I might have bought the '15. As for best bang for the buck, I probably did better buying the '13 but I bought this bike to ride and enjoy. I don't feel I'm hurting too bad on my purchase as the dealer also threw in a center stand, backrest, heated grips and labor as part of my deal. So I basically got a new Deluxe for $13k.

The Rune is certainly a niche bike. I wouldn't be buying it to put miles on. I would probably just ride it to local car and bike shows because it's just a rare cool bike.

This F6B is my second one and I have regretted selling my first F6B ever since it left my garage.

Another crazy update since this forum is about F6B prices dropping. Dealers are starting to offer 2016 F6B Deluxes for under $16k and I bet you will be able to get a cool white '16 for $15k-$15.5k by summer.

Either way, the F6B is perfect for someone not ready to go full wing and it's sad the bike didn't sell better. Honda should've probably kept the msrp around $16,995 instead of $21,995 as that would've been a more realistic msrp to start with.

Why is it that some dealers can be as much as $2k lower than other dealers. Is there that much difference in their cost.? I drove out and looked at a new 2015 Standard today, bottom dollar was $17k. I paid $15k for a new 2013 last July, evidently that was too much but it was the best deal I could find in my area.

Salesman told me the 2015 was a dx, but after getting there he had to correct himself. With all of the reports here of 15 dx's going for between $15 & 16k, I'm thinking I need to update. I realize that I'll take a big hit on the current bike but I really like the matte silver and the extras on the deluxe would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I am choosing to ride my Valkyrie today. High of 70 in January. It's my second Valkyrie, got her set up pretty nice!
    We need pics bro!

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    Why is it that some dealers can be as much as $2k lower than other dealers. Is there that much difference in their cost.? I drove out and looked at a new 2015 Standard today, bottom dollar was $17k. I paid $15k for a new 2013 last July, evidently that was too much but it was the best deal I could find in my area.

Salesman told me the 2015 was a dx, but after getting there he had to correct himself. With all of the reports here of 15 dx's going for between $15 & 16k, I'm thinking I need to update. I realize that I'll take a big hit on the current bike but I really like the matte silver and the extras on the deluxe would be nice.
    Greed. Dealer markup

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537