F6B prices tanking - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F6B prices tanking

Great for buyers though! I picked up my used 2013 for $10,500 last summer. Couldn't be happier!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    We need pics bro!
    I only took a couple pics yesterday. This was when we found a little Chinese restaurant to grab some lunch. Attachment 25292
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Personally I wouldn't be using any dealer/salesman as a weather-vane on product prices that they buy/sell/trade in. Motorcycles are typically bought with disposable income for enjoyment of life and not investment, and lastly you will never experience depreciation on anything you don't sell.

Let's not continually bemoan the market value of the F6B.

I was just cleaning and prepping my bike for spring riding, not spring selling!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    .....I was just cleaning and prepping my bike for spring riding, not spring selling!
    A-Men!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    and lastly you will never experience depreciation on anything you don't sell.
    Besides the fact she is still a hoot to ride, that is one of the reasons I have held onto my Valkyrie. I've got love, time money and memories invested I'll never recoup if I sold her. Also another reason I've been content to leave the exhaust alone on my F6B. Not heard a GL1800 yet that sounds as good as the Valkyire GL 1500 through 6 into 6 pipes.

The only guys who get hurt by these price fluctuations are the guys who buy bikes to show off!

If you bought your "B" to ride and you put the reasonably expected 100,000 miles on it I doubt you'll have anything to complain about when you trade it in.

I would think the majority of us who own an F6B cherish it for what it is and my return on investment is priceless given the smile I get every time I look at it or ride it.

Those who are looking to buy an F6B like myself two weeks ago. Well, who doesn't like to buy something at the best price? I don't understand why dealer prices fluctuate so much. A dealer in Indianapolis has a new '13 Deluxe and "wants" $16,995 and that includes the Honda Bonus Bucks. Another dealer in Cleveland has a '15 Deluxe and "wants" $17,995. I stress wants because I have a feeling they are going to have these bikes for awhile unless an uninformed buyer walks into the dealer and makes an impulse buy before studying the market.

Since it appears the 2016 will be the last year for the F6B in the US market, some dealers are just simply trying to get them off of their floor and taking $6k-$7k off.

I don't know if this is true but I think that I read on here or somewhere that Honda is still sitting on a lot of '15 and '16 F6Bs in their warehouse. If this is true and you already own an F6B, I would wait another year or possibly two and you will most likely see the '15 and '16 F6Bs going for $13k at dealers. I'm going to enjoy my new '13 this summer and next summer and if I can pick up a new '16 Deluxe at the end of 2018 for a good deal then I'll upgrade. Who knows, maybe the new Goldwing will offer a removable trunk option. Wouldn't that be cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I only took a couple pics yesterday. This was when we found a little Chinese restaurant to grab some lunch. Attachment 25292
    Ahh, I thought you had a new '14 or newer model Valk. That looks like a '98 or '99? Here's my old 2000 Valk. I put a bunch of money into it too.
    Attachment 25294

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Ahh, I thought you had a new '14 or newer model Valk. That looks like a '98 or '99? Here's my old 2000 Valk. I put a bunch of money into it too.
    Attachment 25294
    Actually it is a 2000 also with '97 tins on it. The guy I bought it from years ago had a 97 and this 2000 which he swapped paint. I did have a 98 before this one . It was a blue and white.

No I test rode a 14 Valkyrie before I bought my F6B. Loved the ride, but just didn't make sense when I wanted stereo ,bags and other things. Love my F6B. Attachment 25295

Attachment 25296

Attachment 25297

JimmyTee,
    Love how you broke up the red on your fairing with the black. If you don't mind me asking, was it actual paint, vinyl overlay, or plastdip?