Custom Fit Items
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Fit Items

Custom Fit Items

Just completed installing the final piece of the puzzle to custom-fit the F6B to ME. Obviously, YMMV, but for my 5'10" height, 30" inseam, and 33" sleeve size, the following items have made my F6B oh so perfect... First, there was the Cee Bailey 13" windscreen with vent. Next came the Utopia rider's backrest. Following that were the MBL risers and finally today, the last piece (is there really such a thing???), the Rivco Aero highway pegs. Wow, I'm loving it

For most of us who like the dark, stealthy look, (excluding QFC expert Steve 0080), the black anodized Aero pegs are so-o-o-o nice. These replaced the faux-chrome plastic strips that advertise HONDA. I installed these in the most rearward position and the reach is perfect (for me).

Here's the question...is there any downside to the Rivco Aero pegs (aside from price, of course)? Some argue that even when folded and the bike is dropped on one side, the valve cover could be pushed in with serious consequences. According to Rivco, the F6B crash bars will hit first so this shouldn't be a concern. I haven't tested for this so it remains to be seen. Also, I'm not sure how you can deploy the pegs without reaching down to pull them out. There may be some technique to do this with your shoes but I don't see it. Other than that, these look awesome, fit great, are quality-made, and best of all, replaced some plastic chrome.

Mine are great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Just completed installing the final piece of the puzzle to custom-fit the F6B to ME. Obviously, YMMV, but for my 5'10" height, 30" inseam, and 33" sleeve size, the following items have made my F6B oh so perfect... First, there was the Cee Bailey 13" windscreen with vent. Next came the Utopia rider's backrest. Following that were the MBL risers and finally today, the last piece (is there really such a thing???), the Rivco Aero highway pegs. Wow, I'm loving it

For most of us who like the dark, stealthy look, (excluding QFC expert Steve 0080), the black anodized Aero pegs are so-o-o-o nice. These replaced the faux-chrome plastic strips that advertise HONDA. I installed these in the most rearward position and the reach is perfect (for me).

Here's the question...is there any downside to the Rivco Aero pegs (aside from price, of course)? Some argue that even when folded and the bike is dropped on one side, the valve cover could be pushed in with serious consequences. According to Rivco, the F6B crash bars will hit first so this shouldn't be a concern. I haven't tested for this so it remains to be seen. Also, I'm not sure how you can deploy the pegs without reaching down to pull them out. There may be some technique to do this with your shoes but I don't see it. Other than that, these look awesome, fit great, are quality-made, and best of all, replaced some plastic chrome.
    I've got a set on my F6B and I they are great!! I use the toe of my boot to deploy them and always put them back in when I pull into a gas station or into a driveway, etc., just to be sure in case the inevitable happens. I've been on trips and around the area and they work great. You will enjoy them.

Ride Safe but often!!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Seems like getting into the habit of retracting them as mentioned by BACA may be a good thing. (Couldn't hurt)
    No first hand experience, but read where slow/no speed tip-overs with pegs deployed could be damaging.
    Enjoy!

Cool

My pegs have been back ordered since 4- Sept.... and yes I did get the silver ones so to keep the silver on the valve covers...... it was all I could do not to get the Chrome !!!!!! ( Re-sale )

Glad to here they fit you ! I was wondering myself, as we have the same inseam.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Just so that EVERYONE knows, there has been only one documented incident in 7 years where the pegs damaged the valve covers. The Owner of the Goldwing admitted that it was his fault. His Goldwing was raised up on a jack or stand with pegs open when the Goldwing FELL off and landed on its side (on concrete).

I do own a set of the first aero pegs that were fabricated 7 years ago. Left side peg was open when the owner of a Honda Rune dropped his Rune (Weighs more than a Goldwing), the peg closed but the weight bent the pivot bolt of the peg, the valve cover was not damaged. I have nothing to gain with these pegs, however the facts need to be out there before people start to think other wise.

The pivot bolt can be replaced if damaged.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I reckon falling off a lift could be considered a 'slow/no speed tip-over'! LOL!
    Wonder who's going to get all the 'other' forums up to speed?

Some folks get something in their mind and they can never forget...Kinda like a grudge…I posted on the GL board that the Rivco Pegs where great…people just do not have the ability to forgive and forget!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Not On B/O

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    My pegs have been back ordered since 4- Sept.... and yes I did get the silver ones so to keep the silver on the valve covers...... it was all I could do not to get the Chrome !!!!!! ( Re-sale )

Glad to here they fit you ! I was wondering myself, as we have the same inseam.....
    Steve, I just ordered a set of silver anodized last Monday and received them Friday. No back-order for me. I wanted the silver to keep the contrast on the valve covers. I also satin finished the exhaust to match.

How to open pegs while riding

Also, I'm not sure how you can deploy the pegs without reaching down to pull them out. There may be some technique to do this with your shoes but I don't see it. Other than that, these look awesome, fit great, are quality-made, and best of all, replaced some plastic chrome.[/QUOTE]

Pegs are easily deployed while riding. Pegs have grooves machined on the underside. You simply reach with your footwear under the pegs and pull them open. Try it next time, it is very easy to do.

In my opinion it is very unlikely these would cause much damage to the bike but you never know. The mounting plate is much thicker than a stock one, it seems in the event of tip over it would distribute the weight of the peg as to not cause a puncture. While I was at Americade this year I saw the owner of Rivco put F6B with open peg on its side and everything seemed fine. He was illustrating that pegs are so well built that a peg supported the weight of the bike without breaking. He also stood on a peg to show it can withstand at least 180 lbs of his weight, if I remember correctly. He also posted a video showing this, which is posted elsewhere on this forum as well as youtube.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. These are simply great functioning items which also greatly complement the looks of F6B in my opinion.

Cool

1951vbs......Thanks..... wonder who is pulling my leg???