Russell Day-Long Saddle - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russell Day-Long Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by fsixb_AZ View Post
    That seat looks great! Nothing at all like I remember packing in the box for shipment. Looks mighty comfortable.
    It is just what I ordered. Thanks for parting with your stock seat so I could keep riding. Mine old one is heading out probably tomorrow to another forum member.

I ordered mine yesterday. Velour, rider backrest, and shipped them my passenger backrest to modify too.

(Yes, I know... I have a Corbin seat right now, but still in search of the holy grail of comfort)
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Russell's the one

Quote Originally Posted by timjoebob View Post
    I ordered mine yesterday. Velour, rider backrest, and shipped them my passenger backrest to modify too.

(Yes, I know... I have a Corbin seat right now, but still in search of the holy grail of comfort)
    No offense meant, but after a bunch of seat collections on several sport touring and touring bikes I just don't mess with anything but Russell anymore. It is a bunch of money but you are done. End of story... I have tried Sargent, Corbin, Danny Grey, Mustang and a few others but if you want ALL DAY comfort Russell is it. To be fair I have heard very good things about Mayer seats as well but I do not need to look farther. As an example, don't laugh but so far the most comfortable 1000 mile plus day bike I have ever had was a Suzuki B-King WITH A RUSSELL SEAT! Better than 3 Electra Glides, Buell S3T, ST1300, Aprillia Futura, BMW K1200GT and Victory Vision.
    It is not just the seat but how they help the ergonomics.
    Attachment 2460

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    X2 on RDL. Promised myself I wouldn't even fiddle-fart around with anything else on my 6. Been disappointed too many times before.

X3 on the RDL. I know for a fact that I will not buy any other seat, ever again, that is not a Russell Day-Long saddle. I bought this F6B on a Saturday...called Russell 2 days later on a Monday...was told that the first available Ride-In appointment was not until June 12th...more than 2 months away. I scheduled the appointment...but knowing I "had" to ride the new bike to Tennessee in early May, I also called and scheduled to have a Rick Mayer seat done...as a temporary seat. Got the Rick Mayer seat done in early May, rode to Tennessee and back...hated the seat...sold it with an exchange for another OEM seat, and when my appointment time for Russell rolled along, had then make my 11th RDL...and this one is the BEST they have ever made for me.

I shall NEVER go to anyone else for an aftermarket seat again.

If YOU do not have a bad back, or do not ride long distances, then you may not want or need a RDL. But for those of us that do ride long distances, or have back issues, the very best seat in the world...is a Russell Day-Long saddle.

www.day-long.com

800 Mile Day Report

I rode to and from Barber Motorsports park yesterday (800 mile round trip) and my seat of the pants ride report is on the Day-Long Saddle. Waaaaaay better than the stock seat and Miles is right, the velour is the way to go. No monkey butt on a hot day. I do wear LD shorts too but I have used them with all my seats and velour is cooler than leather and vinyl by a huge margin. I still have some nagging pain in my right knee even with my new Rivco pegs and KuryAkyn drop miniboards but not even a hint of TB (Tired Butt).

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    I rode to and from Barber Motorsports park yesterday (800 mile round trip) and my seat of the pants ride report is on the Day-Long Saddle. Waaaaaay better than the stock seat and Miles is right, the velour is the way to go. No monkey butt on a hot day. I do wear LD shorts too but I have used them with all my seats and velour is cooler than leather and vinyl by a huge margin. I still have some nagging pain in my right knee even with my new Rivco pegs and KuryAkyn drop miniboards but not even a hint of TB (Tired Butt).
    "and Miles is right, the velour is the way to go". What ? Say that again. "and Miles is right, the velour is the way to go"

I thought that is what you said. Brother from South Carolina, I would never steer you wrong.

Now, that Big Dawg from North Carolina...I will send him on a wild goose chase very chance I get.

How can you have a state that is south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and call it...North (Carolina)

BTW, Mike, I wear those LD Comfort riding shorts on every ride I do, and I would not leave home without them.

I just ordered my DLS. Next question. Where do I find a box large enough to ship the saddle? I know Miles would just say, "ride on out there, it's only 2500 miles each way".

Barry

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    I just ordered my DLS. Next question. Where do I find a box large enough to ship the saddle?
    Barry
    I just got done shipping 2 of them in one 'box'. The 'box' I used was actually 2 very large 4 ft long boxes that I had stored in my attic, left over from other goodies. (I always save big boxes) It was somewhere near 48 X 24 X 16 or so when I morphed the 2 into one.

If your attic is not quite as well supplied as mine, you might get lucky at an Appliance retailer. (Stove/refrigerator) It will require some 'U-fab-it' knife and packing tape action,,, Lotsa packing tape. And 'stuffin',,,, (I keep the 'stuffin' as well, as long as it ain't them dayum 'peanuts'!).

When I run outta stuffin' I raid the wifes stack o' newspapers she saves for coupons....

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    I just ordered my DLS. Next question. Where do I find a box large enough to ship the saddle? I know Miles would just say, "ride on out there, it's only 2500 miles each way".

Barry

Actually, I was going to suggest that you go to the U-Haul location closest to you, and find a box there.