Russell Day-Long Saddle - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Russell Day-Long Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by BARRYS770 View Post
    I just ordered my DLS. Next question. Where do I find a box large enough to ship the saddle? I know Miles would just say, "ride on out there, it's only 2500 miles each way".

Barry
    You can also try putting two boxes together (open end to open end) making one larger box.
    Ride it like you stole it

My I ask a question about the Russell saddle, is it higher or another way of asking
    does it raise the seat height...?

TIA...

One more question...

What was the turn-around time from RDL? I'm chompin at the bit.

(I know Miles' turn around time: ride in/ride out )
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post
    My I ask a question about the Russell saddle, is it higher or another way of asking
    does it raise the seat height...?

TIA...
    Russell takes your inseam, and other measurements into account when they build your saddle. Also you can tell them if you have concerns. My seat is about 1/2" higher than stock and I think Miles said his is about 1" higher. They need to have room to install the seat suspension but I think the stock saddle is tall enough. The nice thing about the design is that it is easy to move a few inches forward at stops to really get your feet down.

Quote Originally Posted by timjoebob View Post
    One more question...

What was the turn-around time from RDL? I'm chompin at the bit.

(I know Miles' turn around time: ride in/ride out )
    This time of year the turn around is pretty quick, typically a few weeks wait and a week or so production. In the spring/summer it can be months. When you place an order they will tell you your production date. Even Miles had to wait a while for his ride in appt. Don't be afraid to call them on the phone the old fashioned way. They are quite reseptive and responsive.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    The nice thing about the design is that it is easy to move a few inches forward at stops to really get your feet down at stops.
    Yep. Sometimes you have to scoot a little forward up out of the 'pocket' to comfortably flat-foot it. (Depends on a lot of factors, but it has been my experience) After a while , you don't even realize your doing it.

Turn around time is now advertised to be your production date + 10 days plus shipping. Last go-round a couple years ago was the first time I remember it being that long. My first RDL had a lot better turn-around time,,, Seemed like 5 days or so before I got notice of shipment back then,,,.

Depends on backlog, I guess. That, and it's always better to say 10 and maybe be quicker than say 5 and be 'late'.