Top 3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 3

Both my Hondas say in the Owners manual that the recommended oil change interval is 8K.

My Experiences

I easily get 200 miles to a tank. Much better than my old carbureted Valkyries, that on a few occasions had mileage drop into the teens!

As for fuel, the regular they sell in high altitude locations like Colorado is only 85 octane. With that junk in the tank, I noticed some pinging on very hot days under hard acceleration. It's only momentary, as the engine management computer must correct it by retarding the timing, but I now use a higher grade of fuel.

I like the OEM tires. I get about 9500 miles from a rear, and much more from a front.

The dual radiator design of the Wing is brilliant. Not only does it route the heat to the outside of your legs, it also allows a steeper rake on the front forks for quicker handling.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Both my Hondas say in the Owners manual that the recommended oil change interval is 8K.
    And that's fine. It's just easier to remember every 5k. Besides I can hear a difference around 5k, shifting becomes more clunky. So I'll stick 5k, you and the owners manual can change at 8k.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    And that's fine. It's just easier to remember every 5k. Besides I can hear a difference around 5k, sifting becomes more clunky. So I'll stick 5k, you and the owners manual can change at 8k.
    I am still old school and even though some go 8K on oil changes, per the recommend in the manual, I prefer to change at 4500/5000 miles...Seems to shift better and I feel better!!!....Ride safe

uh oh, I feel a dreaded oil thread coming on. My sincere apologies to all....
    "some journeys continue long after movement in time & space have ceased"- Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by rider33 View Post
    I split the difference and go 6k
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by rider33 View Post
    LOL! Yeah, ya can't get away from "oil & tires" on a motorcycle forum.

Here's another thought. I see that you separated "boxers and Wings" into different categories. I know exactly what you meant, but the Flat 6 of the Wing is actually a boxer. It just has more "fists" flying back & forth.

Never going to happen on my bike

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I know there are those out there that think 8 thousand miles is ok for oil changes and the oil today is as good as it gets but just the wear in the engine produces particles in the oil and the filter catches some but the smallest gets thru the filter and that is why I will never go that far on an oil change. The secret of longevity of an engine is clean oil and the cleaner you keep it the longer it lives. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    .... I see that you separated "boxers and Wings" into different categories. I know exactly what you meant, but the Flat 6 of the Wing is actually a boxer. It just has more "fists" flying back & forth.
    'true enough, at least these are not aimed directly at you shins! I actually love old airheads
    and Guzzi's as well. My shins and knees, however, are not found of them at all.
    "some journeys continue long after movement in time & space have ceased"- Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    And that's fine. It's just easier to remember every 5k. Besides I can hear a difference around 5k, shifting becomes more clunky. So I'll stick 5k, you and the owners manual can change at 8k.

I did not say what interval I go by. I only stated a fact.