LOL! Back to the originally scheduled programming....
Y'all crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by rider33 View Post
Well howdy, 'not an F6B owner, yet, but I've been circling for awhile & the circles are getting tighter. Actually I've done a fair amount of cross-country travel by bike & I tend to notice
that if you are going to come across another bike in the middle of nowhere it tends to be one
of 3 types:
1. Big Tiwns
2. Boxers, or
3. Wings
Having tried the first two and walked away for various reasons, it's likely time to try the third.
I have ridden Wings over the years, 'loved the engine, just never the seating position (too tight) or the passenger throne (wife not a fan of travel by bike). Whenever I sit on an F6B tho, it just always feels right, like left or right coast tomorrow right. Thus a few assumptions to vet with the high milers before I get into deep:
1. range/safe 200+ mile range and on regular gas, right?
2. maintenance/ change the oil around 8 (if not before), tires 10-12, rinse and repeat?
3. heat/I've never really heard about anyone complaining about the heat on a Wing so
I would expect that is true of F6B's as well, right?

'Glad to see they added back cruise in '15, 'wish they would add back reverse and ABS but then again, that's what I get for not imigrating to Australia twenty years ago......
Seating position - yes, a Wing is more forward than an F6B. If your spouse decides no more riding, solo seats have even more room and options. I'm running a Corbin Smuggler trunk on mine.

1. If you keep the RPMs below 3250, you are in that 41-44 mpg club and yes, 220+ miles per tankful.
Above that RPM, she starts getting thirsty. Real thirsty. 3500 RPM is ~80mph. 36-38 mpg, ~190 miles and the "feed me" light comes on.
My Isleen seems to really like 3500 RPM, especially on cooler days.

2. Routine maintenance is easy. Oil changes (whenever you choose to do them) are very easy, especially if you have a center stand. I don't know if you call "bleeding the brakes" routine maintenance but there are like 47 bleed points on this system and they have to be done in a certain order or all the air from your tires will leak into the brakes.
I'm content to let my shop do the major work as plastic parts and I tend to have different opinions as to what should and should not bend to fit and how far it should bend before it runs out of elasticity.
Tires: Got 18k each on two different sets of Bridgestones. Currently running E4s just to try something different. I use FOBO TPMS and keep 41 in the rear and 39-40 up front. Much easier than crawling under the saddlebag to find the valve stem....

3. Heat. None. Nada. Sometimes I feel a bit on my jeans. But nothing like my antique HD (95 Heritage) nor my 97 Valk.

4. Cruise control? No thanks. I'm a pilot, hands on, controller type. Kury throttle boss is my "cruise."

Cheers,
Steve