Panel Removal and Corbin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panel Removal and Corbin

Panel Removal and Corbin

Tried to remove the lower panel to get at my battery and found out that with my saddle on it won't come off. PITA to remove the saddle just to get them off.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Right side lower panel?

I have only had my right side off once. It was pretty tight but if I recall I had to open the right saddle bag to make it happen.

Yes the saddle bags need to be in the "open" position to remove that panel. It comes off very easily so if you have to force it you're doing something wrong.

It's slightly easier with a stock seat. Impossible (IMO) with my Corbin seat.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timjoebob View Post
    It's slightly easier with a stock seat. Impossible (IMO) with my Corbin seat.
    Any idea why?

Hugs the Tupperware closer, or comes down further?

Had the LH panel off and had quite a time re-installing until I figured out a sequence of sorts,,,(OEM seat)

It seems that the rim (?) of the Corbinseat pan is so rigid and so tight to the panel cover, that you can't get your finger in there enough to get some leverage. Also, there's not enough clearance for the top of the panel to op out.

My seat had to come off before I could do any work with wiring my heated clothing outlet and my battery tender pigtail to the battery. Well, maybe it didn't HAVE to come off, but I didn't want to break any tabs. I also greased the grommets a bit to see if that might help in the future, but the fit is just too tight.

If you go to the Corbin site and look at the difference in position between the stock seat and the Corbin Dual Tour saddle (in Picture 10 of 22), it looks like the rim of the Corbin hangs about a half inch lower than the stock seat, eliminating that clearance you need to pop out the top of the panel.

A pain in the neck, to be sure.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good to know. Yet another reason not to have a Corbin saddle.

I can't complain about taking my Corbin off to access the battery cover.I owned a 2010 Spyder RS and had to do a lot more to get to the battery on that machine so I am use to it
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Tried to remove the lower panel to get at my battery and found out that with my saddle on it won't come off. PITA to remove the saddle just to get them off.
    I noticed the same thing with my Corbin. It is a major pain in my opinion!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Good to know... My Corbin comes today :0)

I got a note from Fed Ex yesterday saying my Corbin saddle is to be ready to pick up this morning.
    This is the unit I won on the F6B auction. I can't wait! I will probably take a half vacation day and leave at 11 to get and install it!!!!

I will however plan to do any service or inspection under the side covers while the seat is off.

We probably have the month of October to ride before the winter weather starts up here in CT, so I'm pretty close to doing the year end service / inspection. I will ride through the winter whenever the temps are above 40 degrees and the roads aren't salty so who know... It would be nice to ride occaisionally throughout the winter.