Panel Removal and Corbin - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panel Removal and Corbin

Not Easy Battery Access with Corbin seat.

I have had my Corbin seat since Laconia in June. This weekend I had to EMERGENCY access to the Battery along road (no HEX Head Tool to remove seat). My Battery lead became loose and I had NO Power when I turned key. I was Stranded until I got the Side cover off to access the battery. I ended up break the top inch off the Panel by mistake not knowing the Corbin seat needed to be removed (Crack is BEHIND THE SEAT...). NOT HAPPY. I have 9300 Miles and it just was time for the Battery Lead to become lose. Never had this Battery Problem before. I called and they said they have a Closer fit and would not do anything for me. So Here I am.....BE AWARE with the CORBIN on F6B.....

Don't blame Corbin because your battery terminals were loose, blame whoever installed the battery. If the Corbin seat fit loose, 'yall would be complaining about that..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    Don't blame Corbin because your battery terminals were loose, blame whoever installed the battery. If the Corbin seat fit loose, 'yall would be complaining about that..
    I hear what you're saying, but the fact that we have to remove the seat to access the battery or do regular oil changes is BS! In saying that, maybe Corbin could have mentioned this on the website or something.
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

I've gotta remove my seat to access my battery on my VFR1200. No big deal to me. I'm sorry if that puts me on the top of the un-popularity list.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBETTY12 View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but the fact that we have to remove the seat to ..... ..... or do regular oil changes is BS! .
    Hmm, shouldn't have to get anywhere near the seat or the side panels directly adjacent to the seat for an oil change,,, Please clarify,,,

Battery access,,, The old VTX seat had to be removed. (bolts). The Stratoliner seat came off with just a key, but battery was under another panel with fasteners involved,,,

F6B is the 1st bike I've owned that didn't require seat removal to access the battery,,,

Scotrod I think most people anytime they work on their bike they disconnect the battery for safety.Doing a oil change and having no oil in it and by accident someone or you start it or possibly fan comes on and your hand might be near.I think its for safety but I never disconnect the battery but maybe I should
    Ride it like you stole it

We didn't touch my husband's 2005 battery for the first 5 years we owned it, and oil changes are no where near the seat. If you worry about some unknown person entering your garage and starting your bike, take the key out and put it in your pocket. Go buy a Remove Before Flight streamer and clip it to your ignition switch.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    We didn't touch my husband's 2005 battery for the first 5 years we owned it, and oil changes are no where near the seat. If you worry about some unknown person entering your garage and starting your bike, take the key out and put it in your pocket. Go buy a Remove Before Flight streamer and clip it to your ignition switch.

I think for most people its a habit that they do when you work on any engine with a battery.You would not want to work on a engine with a electric fan
    and your hands are near the fan and for some reason the fan comes on.
    Ride it like you stole it

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I never discon the batt unless perhaps I'm working on the electrical system /electronics. (might not even then, depends)

I'm sure a batt discon may be the safest, most fool-proof way to avoid certain perils, especially if you are not familiar with which peril's are applicable to your actions and/or the exact potential for each peril to occur,,,

One could describe the potential for each peril in each particular circumstance as a percentage, but,,,,,,,,,,,

It's a whole lot easier just to say "Step #1. Discon Batt" (whether or not it really matters!)

Well....I.....never disconnect my battery for anything...unless I am working on...the battery. In the first 18,500 miles on this bike, the battery terminals never came loose...at all. I think Scotrod and I are brothers, because we think too much alike

If you are a person that "needs" to disconnect your bikes' battery so that you can do an engine oil change...then you need cycle therapy.

If you have hands that are small enough to fit up inside the area where the cooling fans on these bikes are...then you are too small a person to be riding this big of a bike

Oh, and Terri, you will always be on the popular list with me.